Sionid's Clean Your Plate WIP Thread
Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sionid's Clean Your Plate WIP Thread

Default Sionid's Clean Your Plate WIP Thread

Hello all! I've been lurking for ages in these parts and finally worked up the nerve to post. I'd really appreciate any input you guys have, I want to improve! I'm also trying to force myself to make some progress. Also, I've promised myself an Andrea if I finish everything on my table. All...eleven of them...-_-

Picked up the Infinity ALEPH starter and got to work. Nothing like taking a photo to really see all those rough bits...I see now that her skin and hair need some smoothing and definitely further highlighting. I'm pretty pleased with how her armor is coming. I originally wanted a sheer effect on her body suit, but seeing as I don't plan on adding nipples or any such distinguishing features, it's been...rather ineffective. Ah well.

Obviously still a WIP, but there will be progress (what else is winter break for?). Thanks for looking!

welcome aboard. really nice looking work so far.

tee
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno

I don't know - I'm getting a hint of sheer from it. Especially from that middle pic.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Tee, thank you!
    And TrystanGST, I think that the stomach/thighs area has been the most successful, I'm just not sure how to make it more convincing :/ The breasts have been especially difficult. I'd really appreciate any suggestions/pointers, as this is my first go at transparent anything.

Blog Entries

I see a touch of it too. Sheer isn't really that hard, it all depends on how transparent you want the fabric to be. If just slightly sheer, mix in the flesh tone with your suit color and paint the parts closest to the skin with that. Add more flesh to the mix for highlites and almost straight flesh (super thin) if it is very see through. If you're doing sheer on the top you have to add the nips. This is very simple, pick a dark flesh color and paint them on, then layer your mix of flesh and base over it to leave a hint of nip. It takes a little practice, but once you get the hang of it, it is a breeze.

Welcom and so far it looks nice.

Milosh, I really appreciate your input, you're like The Sheer Fabric Dude I think I may forgo this idea, as I don't really want to add nipples/a belly button. Got nothing against them, but the studio model has them painted on and I'm just not keen on the way it looks. I thought maybe I could get away with it, her being biosynthetic and all, but it just isn't convincing without them.

I bought these guys a couple days back. They're very flat, but ALEPH has a number of models with protruding bits coming out of the base, so I thought it'd work out well enough.

She looks really good so far, and I really like the sheer effect as well, and the beauty of it, if you don't want to add nipples/belly button, etc, just dont! It's still a cool effect either way

Thanks Elric! That's kinda my thought, I still like how it's going well enough.

Some progress on the hair, face, and gun. I'm having some trouble keeping the right side of her face smooth. I have this problem where I find guns kinda boring to paint, so they're always the last thing I do >.<

Tried to do the little Asura symbol on her shoulder.

EDIT: messed with the contrast a little, the pics seemed rather dark.
    Last edited by Sionid; 12-18-2012 at 10:12 PM.

She is looking good. I really like the color choices you chose for her.

Moe
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Thankya Moe!

Took a little break from the Asura, started on my Deva Functionary. Her hair has been fun

Let me know what you think!

nice work on both so far.
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno

Man you're making me really want to finally get some Infinity minis. Of course that's impossible, since I have been sworn to not buy any more minis until next September.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    Man you're making me really want to finally get some Infinity minis. Of course that's impossible, since I have been sworn to not buy any more minis until next September.
    Hey, I get that. September is a hell of a long ways away, though! I'm not buying any new models til I clear off the ones I've started and have sitting on my table. Once I finish up the two ladies I've started, I'll be posting pics--and hopefully progress--of the eleven or so models I am forcing myself to finish.

I'm glad the color scheme is working out, I had actually planned to use it on the Relic Knights models I'll be getting come spring (another reason to clear my table!), but I guess I got impatient, heh.

Oh...and I'll be getting my Bombshell Babes before too long, won't I? Oh dear. Kickstarters are dangerous, I tells ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Sionid View Post
    Hey, I get that. September is a hell of a long ways away, though! I'm not buying any new models til I clear off the ones I've started and have sitting on my table. Once I finish up the two ladies I've started, I'll be posting pics--and hopefully progress--of the eleven or so models I am forcing myself to finish.

I'm glad the color scheme is working out, I had actually planned to use it on the Relic Knights models I'll be getting come spring (another reason to clear my table!), but I guess I got impatient, heh.

Oh...and I'll be getting my Bombshell Babes before too long, won't I? Oh dear. Kickstarters are dangerous, I tells ya!
    That is the saving grace about the imposed ban - I have Sedition Wars (Jan/March), Reaper (March), Relic Knights (March?) and Bombshell Babes (Spring?) all coming.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

I am so unbelievably disappointed i missed out on the relic knights KS Gorgeous models and cool looking game!

Elric, don't feel too bad, I kinda tend to throw myself at whatever new kickstarter comes my way...I could certainly afford to miss a couple. Can't say I'm not excited for my Cerci Speed Unit, though

Some progress was made tonight on the Deva:

ALSO, because I'm terribly impatient, I wanted to show you guys Clean Your Plate Project #1: Amiri, the very-much-in-progress barbarian!

First pic is a little fuzzy, but I think it's the most true to the real-life colors.

I have loved this model for aaaaages. Got her on a whim, decided to paint her up as a more hill-dwelling warrior rather than the typical Nordic ice-and-snow barbarian. My first go at darker skin tones, and I definitely struggled with a color scheme. Debating some kind of pattern on the cloth on her chest.

So yeah, she has some spears that need to be attached to her back that I haven't started on yet, the sword isn't finished, the armor needs smoothing, other stuff...but you guys can see all that. Please let me know what you think!

The barbarian is nice. The browns work well and you red trimmed whites are great. I hope to get my whites this good some day.

On the down side, that sword blade is rediculously large. It must weigh more than her. The rest is definately a COOL mini.

Thanks KruleBear. The sword may be thicker than she is, but let's not accuse Pathfinder of being realistic

Any crit you guys have is appreciated. My biggest worry with the barbarian is that there isn't enough contrast between her skin/hair and hair/armor. I'm also not really sure where to go with the base, maybe lighten it up to a kind of sandy tan color? There's just a lot of brown going on...maybe gray stone would be a better call? And grass! Maybe some grass.

I never know what to do with this basing stuff -_-
    Last edited by Sionid; 12-20-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Amiri is bloody fantastic! On the sword, everyone knows that magic swords aren't as heavy as they look! As far as the base i'd go either a grey or redish brown(sandstone) with some grass tufts here and there, or static grass along the edges.

Moe
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland