Sionid's Clean Your Plate WIP Thread - Page 21
Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Sionid's Clean Your Plate WIP Thread

I like the last one and the one that looks like a brain melting..

Those are great! Are you on deviant art or patreon?
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

https://linktr.ee/AlmostPerftec

An amazing painter and mini painter! Those are wonderful!

Blog Entries

Awesome! I love the art! I especially like i the leaves and berries one. When do we get to see the pics from the Chicago Bachelorette party? Just Kidding! Best of luck at Crystal Brush!

Whoa amazing work! No wonder you are so good at mini's with this background!

Thanks for the kind words, everybody ^^

I did do some painting tonight. Not enough. I have a stupid cold in my stupid head. Gotta go all tissue walrus so I can even tip my head down to paint.

She's the closest to being finished of the Nomads:

Blog Entries

She looks great! Love the skin and hair. The bottom of her skirt color looks very close to her skin color though. But everything looks really smooth.

That is a nice smooth mini. Love the soft blends. She looks a bit steampunk with that palette which is a nice take on the infinity minis

She looks gorgeous! Love the hair.

Demi, you're right--I think cutting it down to just an edge highlight helped. Whaddya think?

Color's better in this, too.

Zab, I was thinking these guys might be a good time to try some metal weathering. Eeeep (I also wanted to sculpt them big dramatic tattered cloaks, but...we'll save that ambition for post-CB shenanigans, I think).

Moetle, thanks!

Worked on this guy tonight:

I just realized that I use the Nurgling Green+Coal Black and Bugman's Glow+Sanguine Base colorscheme in like 98% of what I paint. Hooowww did that happen. Next project better bust out of that rut.

Looking forward to seeing your minis in person..

Same to you, Khonner! Dunno how I'll recognize anybody there unless you all dress as your forum avatars, but I can at least point out all the entries I know.

Did some metallic bits tonight (and watched Automata, which felt appropriate):

D'Oh.. I need to get working my TIE interceptor suit then.. And you will be able to tell my minis in the case, they will be like the table in the Value City furniature commerical - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keLeH6o9Y_o

Looking good, nice colours look forward to seeing it evolve.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sionid View Post
    Demi, you're right--I think cutting it down to just an edge highlight helped. Whaddya think?
    Yep. that looks much better. You just need to get your freehand on there now :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sionid View Post
    I just realized that I use the Nurgling Green+Coal Black and Bugman's Glow+Sanguine Base colorscheme in like 98% of what I paint. Hooowww did that happen. Next project better bust out of that rut.
    I think Sprokets is in a Bugman's Glow "rut" as well. I might need to pick up a pot.

The blue hair is really working for me. Are you going to do some glowy bits on the armor suit guy? His NMM like really solid BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Demihuman View Post
    Yep. that looks much better. You just need to get your freehand on there now :P
    Done! It's kind of the Reverend Healer symbol:

Also tried some chipped paint on this 'un:

Did some work on the Spectre, too:

Aaand a basically untouched Alguacile and Grenzer. Good lord I have work to do.

EDIT: yes, I'm working on a green glow between his armor plates. It's going okay :/ needs some more work.

So fancy! I really do love the color palette for these. I just got Angels book and this is such a cool counter point to his style that it almost reinvents the minis and their setting They have and assissins creed type feel to them.

WOW WOW WOW! Amazing Sio, that is some awesome awesome painting. Love the color schemes. Very well done.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-