FORGE WORLD - Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FORGE WORLD - Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought

Default FORGE WORLD - Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought

Now it's time to start form the basic...... or basis....

And the small pieces just back primed:

And just some images from the FW site:

Those are some wicked dreads. Too bad they're so expensive.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Cant understand how Forgeworld can price the contemptor kit with arms at £120 and the contemptor body as pictured above for £30 DOH! anyone who pays the big money needs their head read. personally i would buy the body and scratchbuild the arms or go to ebay they shouldnt be too hard to come by.
    This would'nt be my favorite bit of kit, personally i think its oddly out of sync. Thats just my opinion, look forward to seeing what you do with it paint wise tho.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Ehhhmmm.....

the body is 32£, the arms only 8£ apiece.

a fair price for an awesome kit i think, considering it is resin and very poseable.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

The £120 package is for three Contemptors (2 normal, 1 relic) plus six arms. The standard one only(!) costs £46 with arms (£54 with the cyclone missile launcher). Not cheap admittedly but not too bad, certainly by GW/FW standards.

^^what he said!^^ Seriously though looking forward to the dreads
    Nil Mortifi sine lucre

My bad i just went by the ad pictures seeing the one dread and the arms then the price....must take time to read the small print next time.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

thats interesting, as i just been prepping a contemptor myself... with two power fists... not sure about posing yet though but i think i go for a less dynamic one. anyway looking good, cant wait to see the progress here!

oh, and happy new year!
    Last edited by SkelettetS; 01-01-2013 at 06:38 AM.

Looking good. I like the metals on the weapons

I'VE ADDED WEBCAM LESSONS NOW TOO!
    And a YOUTUBE channel
    Instagram and FaceBook too

I've done a few of these and while lovely kits they are a pain to pose, one word of advise mate, you have kept the power plant separate which means given the vagaries of Forgeworlds casting process the two exhaust pipes dont always enter the body at the bottom of the power plant in their entirety. Im sure you've test fit already but on the off chance i thought i would bring it up before you got any further and needed to do a little GS work. Great pose and lovely smooth paint job so far mate.

Half built one of these a while ago but cant decide on the weapon config i wanna go for. Torn between gaming effectiveness or just go for it looking cool and worry about gaming later. I personally think its a great kit at a good price. What legion are you painting this for?

Mortis pattern, with double kehres assault cannons, or dual autocannons for me!
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

I have to admit, I'm more than a little jealous. One of these has been on my wish list for a while. It's really nice to see the process from the very beginning. I can't wait to see where you go with it. I know the end result will be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    Mortis pattern, with double kehres assault cannons, or dual autocannons for me!
    I'm thinking dual ccw with inbuilt graviton guns would look pimp but def the double kheres for gaming. Cant argue with a barrage of fire like that :P

Nice, this makes me want to pick mine back up and keep working on it. I paused halfway through sculpting additional details and have yet to start back up

looks like you got it figured out how much are you planning to paint before assembly? according to my own experiance it's not the easiest thing to build, especially with a very dynamic pose so i advice to assembly as much as possible prior painting. then again i might just suck with super glue lol