Turska vs. Dark Vengeance - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turska vs. Dark Vengeance

Few WIPs of some cool toys. Today a mailman gave me a small box of goodies;

I bought these terminators from a random wargamer, and because he had started to add some paint to the minis these were quite cheap unit. Actually there's just white basecoat, few washes and some lovely green plus some metals. Methinks I just continue with the former scheme the owner started working on. These are cool terminators! But I don't know if DA had these sort of armours... (and I don't care. They will be Dark Angels!)

Also, this evening I'll start with these dudes...

For bonus here's a better photo of the terminators I made like 100 years ago. One morning the sun showed her face after a long break and I was able to take some good pics without lamps or whatsoever.

Cheers everybody!

Here's a quick update again. Only some finishing touches for these before I call the group done. The reason for why there ain't mud splatters is that I wan't to make the splatters for all the cultists at the same time (I'm usually stupid enough to forget how I made some effects and the results don't match...) Enjoy.

I don't know if I went too far with the detailing this time. Truly if there's something I can't stand is too detailed stuff... Less is more sometimes!

I guess in his mom's eyes he's handsome.

Lovely. Great work. I'm really enjoying the looks of these. The painting makes them seem realistic and gritty yet styled and well painted. More pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbeard View Post
    Lovely. Great work. I'm really enjoying the looks of these. The painting makes them seem realistic and gritty yet styled and well painted. More pictures!
    Thanks dude! These were bliss to paint - I really liked to get nuts with the fabrics these fellas are wearing.
    I was browsing trough the pics I took, and I couldn't help cracking up for this little cutie...

That expression he has is... they're brothers. Brothers Frenzied Badger.

Okay more tea for me...
    Last edited by TurskanPerkeet; 03-18-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Really enjoying keeping a eye on this thread. Really different style of painting. Would be great to see a step by step of your process

Excellent work on the cultists, and well done for getting those terminators cheap - they're warhammer 30k Horus Heresy minis from forge world. Pretty dang expensive, usually.
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

Thanks fellas

I started a small sidekick project, here's the starters of my INQ28-posse...

Cheers all!

Newbie, please be gentle DistortedMe's Avatar

I really love your style! It's really gritty and moody, just sets the models in perfect atmospheres that gives huge amounts of character!
    This thread is such an inspiration, can't wait to see more

greets Joren
    Last edited by DistortedMe; 03-26-2013 at 06:39 PM.
    'The Summer is here and the time is right!'
    Casablanca - Beast Of Summer

hey! those last guys are seriously awesome! very successful & cool conversions!

Broke n English

Aye nice stylings

Very cool. Everything looks great but I especially like this latest group. Awesome work.

Cheers everybody for the support I really haven't planned what to build to this group of freaks. At the moment I do have one unpainted fella to join the action, but it's possible that it doesn't fit well with these two guys. It's slightly bigger than these two and it's appearance is more random I assume. Oh well!

Also the next bunch of cultists is still waiting to get primed someday... Agh.

Bad boys are back in town! Now in slighlty better pics, and here's the multiangle shots of a new character, Mr. paymaster. Enjoy. Oh, and the basing is practically stolen form Master Blanche's mini's... As the rest of the imagery.

He is the newcomer, and at the moment I have a clear image of him in my head, but let's see if I'm able to make the image alive with GS.

This really is a challenging sculpt.

It'd be nice to hear your thoughts of this project

I like all your stuff, but the INQ28 stuff stands out the most. It's so great. I have real trouble getting those muted, gritty tones so I'm a bit jealous of easy you make it look.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    I like all your stuff, but the INQ28 stuff stands out the most. It's so great. I have real trouble getting those muted, gritty tones so I'm a bit jealous of easy you make it look.
    Cheers Zab! If you use wet palette, the muted tones are quite simple to achieve - just mix every paint on the palette by accident as I usually do; Don't drink and paint at the same time!

I just started to use a wet palette for skin tones, but never thought to use it for those muddy tones - I'm so dumb. BTW, I am constantly dipping my brush in my tea by mistake. I should really switch what side I keep my tea cup on, but I bet you I won't...
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

WOW! These guys look great!

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

I came to see who was winning, Turska or Dark Vengeance, and it looks like Turska is. And what filthy goodness I see. I hope those boys have their tetanus shots up to date.

I thank thee equally for the support.
    I know some people love/hate pictures of unpainted miniatures, but I'm here to get some marvelous ideas from you people. I understood that the critters on paymasters shoulders needed more reinforcements, and I dug up some old mini's to represent these little cunning jerks... And visually I get more interesting things to look at; there should be massive characters and tiny fellas to mess around, just for the visual balance!

Also I have an idea to get this mine cart in use somehow. Tee hee.

Obviously there's a ton of GS work to do, but I think you get the idea. What say you?

Aeon Blacksmith, Planet Forger

The former grandmaster of astral magic, the planetary blacksmith and the creator of subspace timezones and forbidden corners of the red planet - nowadays a poor traveler with zero income and only cheap tricks in his sleeve to entertain his travelling company (you see, for a certain reason in this particular time and place this sort of scholars of magic are relatively poor, because the amount of tricks and godly miracles depends on the insides of your wallet - don't ask me why) Still, even he's a poor chap and needs to do the sweaty work for the merchant, he's able to teleport and divide zero by two, not a big deal.

The psi-energy surrounding him is pretty massive and causes horrible migrenia to everybody. The only one who haven't been complaining about brain issues is muscle fort lurking behind the leaders - and the reason for not having deadly ache is probably he doesn't have the organ which could be hurt by the wave of psi-energy. There's a traffic light-like collection of eyes in his head, but truly the only seeing eye is his hand - this eye sees trough dimensions and time, as well as the walls of private rooms.

Allright; here's something I invented:
    I painted this dress with acrylic inks and drawing inks. I made a basecoat of Daler&Rowney FW flame red acrylic ink. The awesome thing here is, that acrylic ink covers with one coat and you can make it pretty rough. Then I made another coat with Liquitex Naphtol Crimson ink. After this I got experimental...

I took my W&N orange ink which I had kept open the past weeks, and started to make a coat over the previous inks. I had a brush which had pretty hard bristles, so my brush tore off the previous inks. But because I had orange ink in my bristles, the brush stated to make 'orange damage' to the figure instead of just revealing the white basecoat. It's like drybrushing with ink + making damage to the previous paint layers... Reverse drybrushing?

The golden parts were made with W&N gold ink, which is liquid gold leaf and irritating as hell to handle and impossible to photograph.