its not all doom and gloom
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: its not all doom and gloom

Default its not all doom and gloom

Some of you guys who know may have noticed I've not been as social on the forums as I used to be, just posting the odd submission now and again or promoting an event etc. All in all I have become very 'worky'. This is due to the fact that I not only love this hobby I also love my work.
    Setting up and running golem has been a labour of love and sacrifice and this makes me very possessive it and I have become a bit of a miserable git :€ especially when things wont happen the way I envisioned.

I have found this is not so optimal.

Why am I waffling this out here? Because I want to say thank you to my team at golem!

Again, why? I have been off ill lately and I sit here in hospital isolated from everybody. And I mean everybody cos its highly contagious apparently.
    What I'm trying to say (badly and lengthy) is that in my absence the guys and sally at golem have produced some awesome work, especially on our blog and Facebook page tho the articles on the blog are brill

THANKS GOLEM GUYS

I know this may seem a little 'worky' but its not. This me realising I can relax and enjoy my hobby as My hobby again more than feel its a necessary responsibility to keep working ALL THE TIME.

So I realised its not all doom and gloom.

My guys shone in my absence
    Tommie. (from my fething smuggled in phone)

P.s I wanna spend more time back here cos you guy are alright as well. X

I'VE ADDED WEBCAM LESSONS NOW TOO!
    And a YOUTUBE channel
    Instagram and FaceBook too

Blog Entries

Get well sir. Some time off is never a bad thing and can help to re-focus.

Blog Entries

Hope you are feeling better and they can give you something to kill the crud fast!

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang

Get well soon, chief. I can totally understand getting overly focused on work. Everyone loses perspective sometimes, and it often takes a kick in the pants like an illness or similar to make you look up and see the horizon. Tbh you may have dodged a bullet, as it sounds like you were a rapidly approaching a work-related-stress incident. When a man keeps a desk full of paintbrushes and small sharp things in front of him, those can be nasty. ​:P
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

Yes get well soon , the forum is a better place with you here.
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

You'd better not pass it on to us! If you smuggled your bloody phone in, make sure it is scrubbed with something appropriate before leaving or if will ruin the whole point of being in isolation you numpty
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

This is how these sort of films start, just off him and save the UK from the zombie hordes.

Sorry tommie but I'm thinking of the many not the few hehe

In all seriousness, get better bud and put life before work.

It makes me wonder what the heck you've got. Ebola? Bubonic plague? Rabies? The mind boggles...
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

Quote Originally Posted by me_in_japan View Post
    It makes me wonder what the heck you've got. Ebola? Bubonic plague? Rabies? The mind boggles...
    It's bieber fever hahahahaha

Boob job x

And a YOUTUBE channel

Quote Originally Posted by Tommie Soule View Post
    Boob job x
    It may be wrong but I would still have a squeeze

You make me smile btw, well most of you

Glad to say I have been given the green light on infections! They are not the cause.

And a YOUTUBE channel

:€
    Ah, the unhappy cthulhu smiley. If you bathe your tentacles in salt water for not less than six days, when the moon is full, you may see improvement.

Blog Entries

Hey get well soon Tommie - I love seeing all the work you and your team produce, it's always a pleasure!!!

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

Happy new year to you all!

So I'm finally out of the hospital and I've not eaten any food in over a week and got about 6 more weeks without it!!! Yay?
    What did i get? i got severe Chrons disease (all 3 types for those that are clued up). Basically my immune system hates my gut genetically and wants it to f**k right orf!

However, spirits are high and new beginnings are afoot!

Tommie x x x

And a YOUTUBE channel

So I'm finally out of the hospital and I've not eaten any food in over a week and got about 6 more weeks without it!!! Yay?
    What did i get? i got severe Chrons disease (all 3 types for those that are clued up). Basically my immune system hates my gut genetically and wants it to f**k right orf!

Tommie x x x
    Well that sucks on a whole new level :s On a positive - at least you and the right people now know what the problem is and the steps to get you back on the road to full health

Take it steady and look after yourself

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by RuneBrush View Post
    Well that sucks on a whole new level :s On a positive - at least you and the right people now know what the problem is and the steps to get you back on the road to full health

Take it steady and look after yourself

Pete
    Well said. Now that you know, you can take steps to kick it's butt.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Tommie x x x

That's some bad juju bud, especially as you don't have the excess weight to lose in the first place!
    Now you know what the problem is at least the correct diet will allow you to cope with most of it, all the best Tommie and have a good new year bud

Yowch. A guy I used to work with had/has that. Seemed a pretty damn sucky condition. But, he managed to live with the condition and generally get on with things, and I'm sure you will, too. Best of luck, chief. Here's hoping 2013 is a great year for you and Golem

Blog Entries

Really sorry to hear that Tommie, I had a mate who discovered he had this whilst we were holidaying in Vegas, he spent near enough the whole time in his room unwell and visiting the hospital. I do not know much about it on a technical level, but my best wishes to mate for a better 2013 and to get as well as you can as soon as you can. Take care mate.

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...