Pic of trapped souls in a chaos sword or cape?

Thread: Pic of trapped souls in a chaos sword or cape?

dcook22

Default Pic of trapped souls in a chaos sword or cape?

Hi all,

I\'m painting up Crom the Conqueror (a GW chaos lord)

You can see the mini here:

Crom at GW site

I want to paint some of those trapped \"wailing soul\" faces on a few
    of his armor plates. You know the kind that are often sculpted into
    chaos swords or capes. I was wondering if anyone had a close up
    picture of some of those on a mini that I can look at for reference.
    Could you please post a link to it?

Thanks a lot,

Dan

EDIT: OK the link doesn\'t want to work right, but the crom fig can be found under Warhammer> Hordes of Chaos.

It\'s actually kinda easy, all you need to do is use rounded triangles for the cheeks and use spots of black for the eyes to make them sunken.. I did this waaaay back when I started on my Khorne Berserkers, here\'s one pic I have up on me website:

Note that it was in my GW sealer days.. :rolleyes:

I remember those days.. May have to get a box and do another squad..(If the prices don\'t send me to the po\' house)..

dcook22

Thanks for the reply Chrispy. Your image is very cool, but it\'s more of a skull. I\'m looking for the sobbing empty eye-socketed drawn out faces. You\'re right, they\'re also made of \"stretched triangles, i just need to look at one for reference.

BTW, your molten rock base is very cool. Do you remember what your progression was on the highlights for that magma?

Thanks again.

Dan

thecat has a standrad with some designs on it:

I believe that\'s what you\'re looking for I saw this pattern on a UK GD winner..I think it was featured in the WD with Death Gaurd feature. I\'ll have to browse my stacks tommorrow.

As for the lava, I used all GW colors: Sunburst Yellow, Gloden Yellow, Firey Orange, Blazing Orange, and Blood Red.

Hope this helps!

you know the old game doom used to have textures like that... I don\'t really have the time to look it up but IF you get a wad viewer for doom I am sure you can extract a texture. I wanna say doom 2 had a scoreboard that was exactly what you were looking for.

Default Try this for size

Tammy painted this and did an article in harbinger 7 showing how to do
    :D

Originally posted by Smoth
    you know the old game doom used to have textures like that... I don\'t really have the time to look it up but IF you get a wad viewer for doom I am sure you can extract a texture. I wanna say doom 2 had a scoreboard that was exactly what you were looking for.
    You mean This? (I linked it because it\'s very big, and a Png, rather than a Jpg)

It looks a lot more Gieger-ish, and harder to pull off on a small surface, but definatly worth the time!

dcook22

Thanks to all for their help. I like the Geiger style pic, but like you said, that\'s kinda tough. I was actually looking for something more like THIS

If anyone has any close up pics of stuff like jason Richards did in that pic, I\'d appreciate it.

Thanks again for all the help.

Dan

Just a quick idea,

praetorian0_1

That is sick how cool all those are- I\'m stealin\' it. My khornites are gettin a refit.:cool: