Failcast no more? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Failcast no more?

Avoid it like the plague, unless i have no other options.

too bad i really want and need the sameal miniature, and the metal one is a massive bitch to put together.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

I've only got them when I've had no other option. Recently though the ones I've got have been ok. Think the worst I've had was a Krell and Isabella von Carstien from when the new Vampire Counts book came out. The Krell was a write off and I had to replace Isabella's dagger as it was too warped to do anything with.

I picked up the games day space marine and there were no problems with that and a cockatrice which was also about as near perfect as I could ask for.

It is expensive for what it is, I'll grant you that but its the same with all the GW stuff, its all very pricey. That said I still buy it so I've no right to complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortarion101 View Post
    I've only got them when I've had no other option. Recently though the ones I've got have been ok. Think the worst I've had was a Krell and Isabella von Carstien from when the new Vampire Counts book came out. The Krell was a write off and I had to replace Isabella's dagger as it was too warped to do anything with.

I picked up the games day space marine and there were no problems with that and a cockatrice which was also about as near perfect as I could ask for.

It is expensive for what it is, I'll grant you that but its the same with all the GW stuff, its all very pricey. That said I still buy it so I've no right to complain about it.
    Oh now, that's not fair.

Most people say if you don't buy something you have no right to complain about it.

That is also true.

In that case I'll say, I still buy it so I obviously dont learn from my mistakes :P

better?

I recently bought a Sigvald, the Magnificent and it was near perfect too, no bended sword stuff, no bubbles. There was just quite an amount of flash still, but that's luckily easy to remove
    My painting blog: The Way of the Painter

I've only bought 3 Finecast minis since they first came out. The first was an empire captain around June 2012 time which was so bad it got sent back for another one - the replacement was only marginally better and I only kept it because I wanted it for the UK GD and the length of time it took to replace I couldn't guarantee that I'd get it back with enough time to paint it.
    The other 2 were the Gamesday figure that looked good in the packet - but when I got them home they were actually pretty bad, lots of little holes as opposed to a few big ones.

I'll give it another year or so before I consider buying another Failcast figure - theres still plenty of old metal minis that I want for my collection that I can get from Ebay, and after that there's a few Scibor minis that have caught my eye as well as other stuff......enough to keep me going for a few years probably.

I have to echo others here when they say that the plastics GW do are top notch. Especially since they came with all the little extra details over and above what you need for each figure so that you have more left over for other figures.
    What you leave behind is not what is written on your tombstone but what is written in the heart of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommie Soule View Post
    I recently did a 3rd Mephiston conversion and the Finecast was very awesome!
    That's going to become your signature mini.
    Last edited by atacam; 01-19-2013 at 07:05 AM. Reason: correct punctuation.