It's Here! (Unbox pics and Q/A) - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It's Here! (Unbox pics and Q/A)

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    And because someone asked for it, here's a scale comparison with a bloke in power armor
    Looks good to me.
    The SW miniature is more slender but seems better proportioned.

I have noticed from the pictures of the assembled Barker Zosas that he is missing his right knee cap armor plate. I went through my components and noticed that I do not have this part either. I only have the left one. Did any one get this component or is it missing in all the printings?

Bernado - you're right. I compared them with a Marine Scout, and that's a much better fit. It just goes to show how bulky Marines are.

Technostud - you're absolutely right. I didn't even notice it until I looked at the card for Barker and saw the knee cap on the pictured mini.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernado View Post
    Looks good to me.
    The SW miniature is more slender but seems better proportioned.
    So more believable/realistic than the space marines! Lol

Hi there,

Do you have a list of the minis in the KS Base box? As I'm not sure how many minis i should be getting? Hopw I'm not missing any minis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rand View Post
    Hi there,

Do you have a list of the minis in the KS Base box? As I'm not sure how many minis i should be getting? Hopw I'm not missing any minis.
    Mr. Rand - straight from the man himself:
    http://studiomcvey.blogspot.co.uk/20...iniatures.html
    Bag 1 - Captain Kara Black, Corpsman Morgan Vade, Barker Zosa, Operator Akosha Nama, Hurley (all parts for all miniature are included in this bag)
    Bag 2 - Scythe Witch x2, Brimstone x2, Samaritan Reaver x2 (complete), Weapons for female Samaritans, Grenadiers, Lancers
    Bag 3 - Grendlr and Cthonian (complete)
    Bag 4 - Male Samaritan x5 (complete), Female Samaritan with helmet x5 (no weapons), Female Samaritan without helmet x5 (no weapons), Phase one strain 1 (big arm) x5, Phase one Strain 2 (hunched over) x4, Phase 1 Strain 3 (claw hand) x5, Stalker x4, Quisimodo x4
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Mr. Rand - straight from the man himself:
    http://studiomcvey.blogspot.co.uk/20...iniatures.html
    Bag 1 - Captain Kara Black, Corpsman Morgan Vade, Barker Zosa, Operator Akosha Nama, Hurley (all parts for all miniature are included in this bag)
    Bag 2 - Scythe Witch x2, Brimstone x2, Samaritan Reaver x2 (complete), Weapons for female Samaritans, Grenadiers, Lancers
    Bag 3 - Grendlr and Cthonian (complete)
    Bag 4 - Male Samaritan x5 (complete), Female Samaritan with helmet x5 (no weapons), Female Samaritan without helmet x5 (no weapons), Phase one strain 1 (big arm) x5, Phase one Strain 2 (hunched over) x4, Phase 1 Strain 3 (claw hand) x5, Stalker x4, Quisimodo x4
    I don't understand the logic for putting weapons/arms for one set of miniatures into a whole separate bag than the miniatures they go with (the Weapons for female Samaritans, Grenadiers, Lancers in bag 2 and the rest of the models in bag 4). Would have made more sense to put all the strain models in one bag and all the vanguard in another, just for simplicity's sake if nothing else.

I am currently going thru the bags, trying to figure out what goes where, without much of a visual idea what the completed models look like, and if it were not for the internet (specifically this forum) I would probably be lost (and I have been assembling GW chaos miniatures for about 15 years now).

Also, there are a lot of little fiddly bits in bag 1. Part of an arm/elbow in for one miniature, 2 other little bits I have yet to identify.

Just sayin.
    Last edited by lordroy; 01-18-2013 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    So more believable/realistic than the space marines! Lol
    I was under the impression the SW miniature was more in line with a GW imperial guard type troop than a GW powered armor type troop. Remember that GW space marines are supposed to be 2 foot taller than a standard human, and the armor it self is rather thick.

Quote Originally Posted by lordroy View Post
    I was under the impression the SW miniature was more in line with a GW imperial guard type troop than a GW powered armor type troop. Remember that GW space marines are supposed to be 2 foot taller than a standard human, and the armor it self is rather thick.
    Good point. Stand the samaritan next to a Marine Scout or IG, and they are a little slimmer, but not much. Of course that doesn't address why everything in the GW range is the same height...
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Good point. Stand the samaritan next to a Marine Scout or IG, and they are a little slimmer, but not much. Of course that doesn't address why everything in the GW range is the same height...
    Ya, GW has never really addressed the fact that their miniatures are not as tall as they really should be. It makes little sense that the "normal 6' tall human IG" is nearly the same height as the "giant genetically altered 8' tall human in powered armor".

I would love to see how the SW armored females looked next to the Sisters of Battle armored females. I bet that would be a good indication of what the scale is like.

Because someone (somewhere) asked for photos of the lights out/opticamo minis:
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

My recommendation is to use heat to flex them into place. I used lots of elbow grease, but even then it wasn't a perfect fit. I'd give the bigger halves some heat, bend them to the smaller half, and let it cool.
    I used a heater (kind of like a blow dryer) to dry my pieces after washing. I found that this was a much simpler way to heat up the pieces, making them malleable. No burning your fingers in boiling water.

Went through my set: minis looked good, cards all looked good, and the tokens were good. I ended up with the extra samaritan parts Trystan mentioned. I was missing one leg set for the two part phase 1 revenant necroform...happy with the projevt so far.

Played some games with Tryst this past weekend. My verdict is this game is super fun and enjoyed playing it! There are some fuzzy areas in the rules I found, but for the most part the gameplay is very good and centered around strategy rather than just CHARGE!!! The big problem we were facing though was that the boards were all warping. Anyone else having this problem? It was the only disappointing thing about the whole set ><
    My Rank -

Quote Originally Posted by Elly3438 View Post
    Played some games with Tryst this past weekend. My verdict is this game is super fun and enjoyed playing it! There are some fuzzy areas in the rules I found, but for the most part the gameplay is very good and centered around strategy rather than just CHARGE!!! The big problem we were facing though was that the boards were all warping. Anyone else having this problem? It was the only disappointing thing about the whole set ><
    Good to hear about the game play.

There were a bunch of complaints on the Studio McVey forum about the warping boards. I thought it was BS until i went and looked at mine. They have been setting out for a couple days on the box and the board on the top of the pile had warped up. Very odd.

Nope - it's happening to me too. Not sure how to fix it. Ugh.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Nope - it's happening to me too. Not sure how to fix it. Ugh.
    The only solution is to duplicate the boards in 3D with plaster. Lol
    Last edited by KruleBear; 01-21-2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Need to learn how to use touch screen

Back-bending my boards helped. We'll see if it lasts. I first tried setting heavy things on them for days, but that did nothing. i needed to back-bend the train cars as well, but you have to be even more careful with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinehead View Post
    Back-bending my boards helped. We'll see if it lasts. I first tried setting heavy things on them for days, but that did nothing. i needed to back-bend the train cars as well, but you have to be even more careful with them.
    That's what I found too. Though Krule has a point - Elly and I have both discussed making 3D versions of the boards...
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinehead View Post
    I had a board game years ago that had similar problems... the boards warping etc. What I did back then was get a 2 heavy ceramic/brick tiles from the home-improvement type store, warm them up in an oven, and then stick the board between them for awhile. I could see this might work again for this issue, but of course, YMMV. I will try it when the boards become too warped.