It's Here! (Unbox pics and Q/A) - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Here! (Unbox pics and Q/A)

My first issue. The main rulebook, pages 9-12 and 45-48 are "short" and connected at the top, as if they were not cut correctly. I guess I can just run a razor blade across the top, but this is not quality control.
    Last edited by lordroy; 01-19-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Got my box yesterday afternoon. No prior tracking number received. I have not checked the main box for quality yet but the smaller box seemed to have everything and on face value looked good. Will do a more detailed look tonight! Does anybody remember the timeline as to when the remaining pieces are to be shipped? After abou six kickstarters now, I'm so confuesed, I don't remember when things are supposed to be released. Should have a lot of suprises in the next year tho! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Wigdog View Post
    Does anybody remember the timeline as to when the remaining pieces are to be shipped?
    Supposedly March 2013, but I really doubt they will hit that deadline (considering these were supposed to be here @ the end of Nov 2012).

Last pics post from me, barring requests from the peanut gallery. I will start up a separate thread in the painting subforum for these.

With everything in the box assembled, I have one base, one samaritan reaver body, and one female samaritan gun left over.

1x Resin Kara
    (no pic)
    1x Plastic Kara

1x Barker Zosa (two gun options, one body)

1x Morgan

1x Akosha

3x Reaver

3x Lancer

3x Grenadier

9x Male Samaritan

6x Female Samaritan w/ Helmet

5x Female Samaritan w/o Helmet

2x Hurley

4x Scythe Witch

2x Grendlr

4x Brimstone

2x Cthonian

6x Quasimodo

6x Seeker

6X Revenant (Ape)

8x Revenant (Fatty)

8x Revenant (Walker)

Group Photo!
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Sweeeeeet can't wait to get my set up and running!!! Thanks for sharing Tryst
    My Rank -

A quick note for those that opted for the Lights Out Opticamo minis:
    Whatever material they used, it didn't sacrifice detail. I'm not going to take pictures, because the camera would just show them as blobs of plastic, but know that they are just as detailed as the regular minis. The material cleans up easier, but glue doesn't hold as well. Will probably need to use the old CA/BS trick.
    Strain:
    1x Brimstone
    1x Scythe Witch
    2x Revenant (Ape)
    3x Revenant (Fatty)
    3x Revenant (Walker)
    2x Quasimodo
    2x Seeker

Vanguard:
    1x Kara
    1x Barker (yay I can have both variants!)
    1x Akosha
    1x Morgan
    1x Reaver
    1x Grenadier
    1x Lancer
    4x Male Samaritans
    3x Female Samaritan Helmet
    2x Female Samaritan No Helmet
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

just got mine, bummed there is no painting dvd in this shipment.

Yeah - although there is a quick SBS for the samaritans by no less than Ali McVey herself here
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

thanks for the pics of all the models. i was wondering why it looks like you mounted the hover tank on an up-side down base. is that to make it hover or how the instructions tell you to do it

Yes, Thanks much for the pics. Very fast work!! I just got my box today. I'm wondering if you had any trouble or have any tips on the female Samaritan (without helmet) & Carbine? Seems a bit dodgy to line up both right shoulder and left wrist. Once you get one lined up the other is off. Did you have to bend the left arm at all? I'm not sure if this material can be heated to bend safely..?

I'm not in Atlanta at the moment so don't have access to the actual figs, but the material can be safely heated with warm water, up to 80 degrees centigrade. It'll become pliable at that point, and then harden back after you've mucked around.
    I like it firm and fruity!

Apollox - neither. There's a spot on the bottom of the large bases, probably reinforcement for when you drill thru, that I was able to put the peg into. I didn't have a drill on hand, so that's just what I did to keep from losing pieces.

Galatician - I didn't really have any issues lining the parts up. The biggest issue was making sure to get rid of all the extra sprue to ensure a proper fit.

It's good to know about heating the minis - you're going to need that if your Grendlrs are anything like mine.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

I was expecting the minis to be bigger than Zombicide's but if they have more detail, that's fine with me.
    If they're smaller we will need less paint for them.

These all look great Trystan, hows the game itself play? you had chance to have a game yet?

Count - I have not. Hope to rectify that tonight, or this weekend at the latest. Read thru the rules though, and it seems pretty straightforward.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

And because someone asked for it, here's a scale comparison with a bloke in power armor
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

A quick update for those who care - I played a few turns of the first scenario. There's a lot to keep track of (especially if you're playing both sides). Vanguard definitely needs to think tactically - the Strain will outnumber them from the beginning, and have the ability to make more strain as the game progresses.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    Warning - the Grendlrs do not fit well.
    The plastic does hold lots of detail, but does not sand well.
    How did you get the Grendlrs to hold? Elbow Grease? A table vice? They are - in fact -giving me fits.

Quote Originally Posted by pitchforkmilitia View Post
    How did you get the Grendlrs to hold? Elbow Grease? A table vice? They are - in fact -giving me fits.
    My recommendation is to use heat to flex them into place. I used lots of elbow grease, but even then it wasn't a perfect fit. I'd give the bigger halves some heat, bend them to the smaller half, and let it cool.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Quote Originally Posted by Chern Ann View Post
    I'm not in Atlanta at the moment so don't have access to the actual figs, but the material can be safely heated with warm water, up to 80 degrees centigrade. It'll become pliable at that point, and then harden back after you've mucked around.
    Thanks Chern Ann! This worked! I actually boiled water and then dropped the figure in and waited 2 minutes, then removed, repositioned arm, then held in place and ran under cool water. It took a few tries, but I got the arm and hand to line up on the female samaritan (no helmet) with carbine.