What's your oldest mini? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your oldest mini?

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    Agreed! I have the hooded swordsman. He's absolutley tiny compared to modern lines. Is that other one a Balrog? Excellent sculpt!
    Back in the days when 25 mm minis were 25 mm tall, unlike today when 25 mm minis are 32 mm tall. *rolleyes*
    On the other hand you have different fingers.

Here are some amongst my oldest fantasy minis. Depending on the company making them the size difference is quite noticeable (especially the leftmost knight). If I recall well, they are from the early-80's. Painting was with enamel and/or oil paints, acrylics were barely showing up at that time.

Name:  VieillesFigurines.JPG
Views: 68
Size:  1.13 MB

A pair of Grenadier box sets Fighting Men - The Warriors, and Wizards - Masters of Sorcery.

I was given those somewhere between '85-'87. Painted most of the Wizards set using 5-6 enamel paints. I still occasionally think of those unfortunate fellas and their need for a strip and repaint. Pretty neat models.
    The Future Of Magic Wash is Klear

supervike: This site is cake, the scoring is icing. Scrape it off if you don't like it, the cake is still delicious!!

Dragonsreach: Oh my goodness, an Orrery and the Time Machine, at this time of the morning. I think I need a stiff cup of tea.

I have a Giant, Wizard, and A Tars Tarkas from Mars Mini from 1978, still use the Wizard, I have a set of RP Goblins from 1979 that we just used while playing Pathfinder the other day.