Be\'lakor ... DONE and DONE

Thread: Be\'lakor ... DONE and DONE

Default Be\'lakor ... DONE and DONE

Looking for comments please. This is my first effort at a high quality mini. I have about 70 hours in him.

updated pic... Hope this helps.
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/63566

Japono

Great paintjob, I posted on it. I went with a 9 instead of the 8 I had intended because of the harsh first vote of 6. Someone has got to balance out the bad. Congrats on finishing and great job.

sorry mate but the picture is just too small one view would have been better.

I don\'t be voting because I cannot get a good enough look.

Originally posted by Smoth
    sorry mate but the picture is just too small one view would have been better.

I don\'t be voting because I cannot get a good enough look.
    What he said.

I must agree that the picture is a little small to see the oveall effect. However the Close up does look rather good. Overall it looks nice..........and it\'s a model I don\'t like. You\'ve done a good job on it, regardless of my opinions on the model itself. :D

I\'d say just take the upper left pic and make it as big as the whole collage is right now. You can then put the close up in the upper left corner where there\'s only the blue backround.

Like this, only better:

Gotta love playing with that Photoshop.
    :D

The greens in the base (which is great) set the mini off nicely. Great piece!

Thanks so much.. will repost with better pics. I got so excited when I finished him I just HAD to show em off! lol

I think itìs a very good piece, something different from the usual black/grey palette. I gave you an 8, good job!

Luca

That\'s an 8 in my book. Great job and way to go for some originality.

I gave it a 7 but there is a full explanation on there for you mate.

Hmmmm... Not seeing your comment.

I am seeing that alot of peeps are rating a 7 - 8... ARGH. I wish I could take pictures worth a damn. It really is a VERY nice piece.

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Dude, the pic in the upper left of Gypsy\'s post persuaded me. I gave it a 9.

That light source is great. Sorry, I can offer no constructive comments.

Originally posted by scythingtalon
    Hmmmm... Not seeing your comment.

I am seeing that alot of peeps are rating a 7 - 8... ARGH. I wish I could take pictures worth a damn. It really is a VERY nice piece.
    it is there for me. Maybe there is a lag. but I think 7-8 range is about right. I gave it a 7.

here is a paste of what I said:

\"Wow, there is alot of work here! However, I have to take a 1 point off. I think it is neat you were going for lightsourcing but it isn\'t soft enough and not consistent it seems to just stop at yellow. looking more like the sword has yellow liquid on it. I think if you thinned out the yellow it would be alot better. This reminds me alot of the old GW style I think it was heavy metal or something like that. Anyway aside from the sword, the fire is backwards. A common mistake it seems that people forget that fire is darker on the outside.. kinda inverted-shading. the lava pool was a good idea but again the lightsourcing is wrong. it would be reflecting on the bottom of your belakor. I like the purple but the red is driving me nuts especialy because you have highlighted it with yellow and orange. This causes me to be confused with your lightsourcing which aparently is suposed to be a yellowish tint. not trying to be too anal but I had to give you a wothwhile explanation for me giving it a 7.\"

Smoth...

Thank you so much for explaning. Honestly this lightsourcing thing is VERY new to me so this is exactly the kind of input I need.

You are right on the money about what you have said and all are things that seemed to \"bug\" me and I really did not know why.

Again thank you.

It\'s difficult enough light sourcing, but doing it on the model before it is on its base and out of context is even more difficult! I think you did a fine job - I didn\'t notice anything out of place \'til it was pointed out. The model is a bugger to paint. There seems to be loads of bits that could have been smoothed out on the sculpt to make it more fun to paint. I feel as though I am being dictated to slightly whilst painting it....

Warworks

I like the base - it makes the model really stand out, and places him in the world. I also really like the skin. It has depth to it that you rarely find. The OSL might use a bit of work, but for a primary attempt...hell, I\'m impressed. I think Smoth is right, though - the OSL from the sword is too similar to the skin tones.

Default Spacemunkie....

Man I hear ya on the sculpt... It really is a challenge. From a distance, 2 feet or so it looks really sweet... get up close and it really is not the best. Lots of rough areas to \"fix\"... All in all I love the way he turned out, however it is those tiny things that have been mentioned that could have brought an 7.5/8 up to a 9 or even a 10. I know my blending/colors are on par with anyone\'s...

Another week or so I will start another major project and we shall see what happens. Hopefully it will be a plastic model as they are MUCH easier to deal with.