MAXXxxx WIPs

Thread: MAXXxxx WIPs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default MAXXxxx WIPs

Hi,

seems to make the most sense if I start 1 topic to hold all the things I do, so I can ask for opinions without too many unneeded threads.
    So here it is
    I hope I can fill it with good looking minis.

first here is a bust that I'm working on atm.
    Name:  AnTjin_WIP.jpg
Views: 3741
Size:  54.1 KB

It's mostly finished, basically varnishing is all I'd like to do (and correcting some mistakes I found when looking at the picture).
    BUT if you see something that could make it much better, please tell. If I can, I'll do the change.

The hair wrap(?) really has a believable Terri cloth feel to it-nice effect!

It appears ther is some brown slopped into the purple of the shirt at the bust line you may want to clean up-probably only noticeable in the macro photo.

Great job. Love the goggles and I agree. The fabric on the wrap looks really soft and lovely.

thank your for the comments.

@Krulebear: yes it's one of the painting mistakes I noticed only with this wip picture.

One more thing a friend said: where are her eyebrows? true.
    What I didn't know is that they are so hard to paint correctly. Luckily I varnished the face twice, so I could use a strong thinner to wipe the new layers of paint after getting them wrong (I use Vallejo Airbrush Cleaner for this).
    But I already tried to paint them 5 times and out of fear of reaching the paint layer I decided to quit for today give it a new coat of varnish just to be safe and allow it to cure overnight.

So today's result: painted eyebrows 5 times, wiped them 5 times, 1 time reapplying varnish to be safe.

Excellent painting, eyes look alive.
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

I feel your pain with the eyebrows. At 28mm they are hard enough but on a bust?! I guess they need to look more realistic at that scale. Maybe a few washes of a slightly lighter shade than the base of the hair over some very fine lines done with the base colour to make them look real? Good luck, I am curious to know what you end up doing to make them look convincing.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo