MAXXxxx WIPs - Page 39
Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Thread: MAXXxxx WIPs

Hope you feel better soon. The thing is to be alert and treat your stuff right away and not let go injury, I learned a solid lesson with my wrist.

Oh dude no! They did that to me with that sweet cannoness they released. I opened it and was like Failcast?! Then threw it into the very back of the to be painted pile in the cupboard and never looked at it again. Honestly don't know why they do that
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Keep on painting mate and hopefully things will get sorted in time
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Check those pains with a good osteopath if that the correct name in english. Hoping everything will get better step by step.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Soo after almost a year of not painting I'm trying to get back, but it is hard.
    For one the brush feels so alien, as I completely forgotten how to use it. Not being able to sit for more than 15-20 minutes (after that it's very unconfortable, have to stand up or lie down, but can't sit) at the table doesn't help either.

Aaaanyway so far I managed to paint a few TTQ figures, nothing even close to the last ones from 2017 Febr. (On-line for example), but step by step getting better at brushcontrol/dilutions again. Thankfully I'll have a refresher course from Jarhead in 2 weeks that may help getting back to painting more than just gaming figures.

Plus a question: Tero (Metalasmedium) started a mostly naked figure, with tattoos. That got me interested in doing a female with whole-body tattoo similar to what yakuza do, but can't find a figure that I could use. Anyone any ideas?
    What I'd need:
    - female
    - naked (as much as possible)
    - if bodytype is a stereotypical asian one (relatively small breasts, small hips) even better.
    - standing or walking or stepping into pool if possible(a hot-spring to remain with the oriental theme, but as long as long as it is a step it'll be ok)
    - 54mm+ would be best, but 28-35mm could work too
    - sculpt should be 'good' (at least reaper / hasslefree quality)
    Forgot, that it works again.

What about the 80mm Andrea Manga girl in the cmon store?

Welcome back mate! Sorry to hear about the chrinic pains... I know a few fiends/family who also suffer from them (because of varying root causes), and I risk becoming one myself as well. It suck, and it's draining, even if only in sessions of 15-20 minutes, it's still nice to have you back, mate!
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

nothing to do with miniatures, but still an awesome video I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkCr1i7WxHc

what's maybe useful for us if seeing how the reflections / light is applied to the elements (metals, stone, etc)

So some pics of what I was able to do after all the non-painting I've done last year:
    First are some figures for tabletop.
    Somehow I have little patience and respect for GW figures, so I started with them. The aim was a solid TTQ to restart my painting. Even so I'm not really satisfied with them...
    The Vile-Tis figures had to be about the same as the rest of the Vile-Tis army. As they were last I slowly got back some of my skills. At least I think the body/skin turned out ok

Name:  2018_02_ttq.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  213.1 KB

Luckily this weekend there was a Jarhead workshop in Augsburg. There I chose to paint the demonette again as I was really not confident enough to bring my own project. During painting it I felt as more and more of my old skills are coming back. Glazing was easier and easier to do, same with mixes, color consistency, etc.

The head was weird. This year there was a small excercise to mix our own skin color using just the primaries and white( and black). Went easy for me. Lots of yellow and white, some red, tiny amount of blue. Then depending on how it looked adding small quantities of what's missing.
    - too red --> add green (yellow and blue)
    - too green --> add red
    - too orange --> add blue
    ... etc.

Because of a game some presents were given to people doing the 'right' thing or for answering questions correctly, So I got this head and I was thinking... I have quite a lot of leftover red-yellow-blue-white on my palette. What would happen if I painted this head using only those colors ? And that was done.
    Using what I learned a few hours before about mixing skintones from primaries I started painting the head. It felt weird. I wasn't using flesh paint sets or recommended colors, just the WYRB.
    Hardest part ? Getting the shades and the hair (it takes an suprisingly lot of blue and red to get the brown dark enough. In retrospect I should have added a bit of black to get the shades faster)

Anyway on saturday afternoon - evening while we painted the base and started with base colors on the demonette I painted the this old man's head.

Name:  2018_03_jw.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  217.4 KB

Fantastic work on all of this stuff man, you have been quite busy...
    and wow, really nice work on that face, especially with mixing your own flesh tones from scratch, that’s really cool, I will have to think about trying this one day!
    great work all round and good to hear the skills are flowing back

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXxxx View Post
    What I'd need:
    - female
    - naked (as much as possible)
    - if bodytype is a stereotypical asian one (relatively small breasts, small hips) even better.
    - standing or walking or stepping into pool if possible(a hot-spring to remain with the oriental theme, but as long as long as it is a step it'll be ok)
    - 54mm+ would be best, but 28-35mm could work too
    - sculpt should be 'good' (at least reaper / hasslefree quality)

Hasslefree have some 40-54mm options but they're not particularly Asian looking, there's a bust coming soon from ouroboros that's an Asian girl with a katana, she's got a jacket open at the front with a boob tube type top underneath (I was thinking of doing something similar with this bust but I'm not sure if I'll go ahead with it or not yet) if you can get hold of them there's 54mm kingdom death stuff but that's more anime style with exaggerated hips and breasts. Aside from those options I can't think of much, there's also those body blanks (I know elgreco has some) where if you're wanting naked you'd only have to sculpt hair and some anatomy correcting or do a head swap. Nocturna have some Asian inspired minis in 70mm but they tend to be quite clothed, pegaso have a selection too but their nude or almost nude girls may not be posed in a suitable way. Nothing else is coming to mind right now

Nice to see you getting back in the painting chair, hopefully some of the above was useful

good stuff max. good amount of production. they look good

welcome back looking good!

That face looks great especially with the restrictions used to paint it.

Some minis done since April.
    I'll have to say comparing them to the older minis I see that I've regressed a LOT in the year (since I paint a LOT less than I used to because of pain/PS4/lazyness/no motivation).
    Frankly I don't think any of them should go to the gallery. Even the Harlequin (my last painting) is only about ttq, nothing special.

White Ejhin de Vanth (Confrontation - Acheron)

2B (Nier Automata)

Immanid Kraken (Wrath of Kings - Hadross)

Nighthaunts (Age of Sigmar)

Toshaka Rin in Yukata (Fate)

Irisviel von Einzbern (Fate)

Harlequin

Great work Maxxx,
    I wouldn’t say they aren’t worthy of the gallery, they are all great looking figures.
    i really like the looks of 2B and the fate models. Theses are really well done.
    really nice stuff mate.

still painting, but sloooowly and mostly ttq on my desk atm (Helldorado sarassins, AvP Aliens, UM Honor Guard), BUT

I would like to practice some skin + expressions for this I'd need suggestions on minis/busts. (more likely busts).
    What I'd need:
    - male or female
    - mostly naked/skin (swimsuit is ok)
    - good expression on face (or neutral enough, so I can try freehanding in some volumes for an expression)
    - not anime aestethic (this time nothing from e2046)
    - if not bust, then 75mm+

Default Just giving some good vibes

And some positivity that you’ll be pain free in the next year. Be well quick recovery o you.
    BaM

Maybe Kimera Models, Nuts Planet or Kabuki Studio, although they might not be "naked enough" for you

andrea or pegaso will have a line of girls who are nude or close too. also check ebay for resin busts, but don't buy from chine russian federation as those are recasters. try your best to source originals from the artists who made them