Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: MAXXxxx WIPs

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the nocturna paints
    The skin tone on the second bust is very specific, but I like the result you got. The "kind of sad/worried" look you gave to his gaze matches the lowered head and gives it a nice touch!
    Feel free to come by my WIP or have a look into my Gallery
    Voted on 5257 out of 235360 minis, and also left 847 comments on Cmon Gallery.

som wip of a bust from FeR minis. Plague something.
    Name:  plague_1.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  124.4 KB

I really do need pointers for:
    - skin (looking ok or not)
    - organs, tentacles and stuff... how to make it better, a lot better
    Forgot, that it works again.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXxxx View Post
    I really do need pointers for: ...//... organs, tentacles and stuff... how to make it better, a lot better
    Maybe having a look at the severed head of a dragon on the last work form Sprocket gives you some nice insight?... You could try to add little pale maggots to level up the disgusting feeling...
    Not sure on the skin, I think there is something missing or wrong but cannot point out what may be... deepest shadow colour I see it as a very dark green? (on my screen)
    Feel free to come by my WIP or have a look into my Gallery
    Voted on 5257 out of 235360 minis, and also left 847 comments on Cmon Gallery.

will take a look. Altough next week will be hell for painting. According to forecast 35C (95F) and have to leave for multiple days because of work.

Aaand no idea if I can see it through, but:
    infected with some 40k... plan is a bit above ttq, but no display quality of these:
    (
    1 box of DV, 2 box worth of DM:
    - 20 cultist + 40 pox walker
    - 7 Chosen + 14 Death Guard
    - 1 Chaos Lord + 3 Death Guard Character
    - 5 Raptor
    - 1 hellbrute + 3 (1 still in post) Bloat something engine
    )
    Name:  CSM_Army_01.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  161.5 KB

Will most likely follow the GW official guides, tweaked here and there for my liking.

The plagued bust will be the "face" of the army
    Last edited by MAXXxxx; 06-18-2017 at 02:39 PM.
    Forgot, that it works again.

Damn Maxx, that's one hell of a bug you've been infected by :P

granted, with 8th edition out, I'm starting to a get a bit of a itch myself that only painting could soothe.

On the plague bust, do you have a more neutral/grayer background to take pictures against? It looks to me like the man's skin has a warm undertone, but the plague/blood/organ bits have a cold undertone, and that may be causing one or the other to look somewhat off; Maybe it's just me.

Otherwise, my gut would say adding glazes of colors to the highlights and midtones may bring the skin into a more lifelike form; Blues for bruising, red's for a couple patches of warmth, yellow's for (I assume) warm sunlight overhead. The plague/organs part could use more color variation as well. Perhaps the tentacles change into a darker purple or blue the further they get from the central mass; You could also do patterns on the tentacles, similar to a octopus or other fish. Maybe the veins of blood (or ichor) inside the plague mass could be showing through the "skin" of the mass itself.

Another thought, is the damage to the man's skin: You could add dried blood from the wounds, as well as bruising/necrotic wear to indicate his ignorance/acceptance of the damage his body has suffered; Blood for the blood god may be good here to indicate a trickle of blood coming out of an open wound.