Music while painting
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Music while painting

Default Music while painting

Ok i know there are many musical tastes, but just the other day i came across some nice releaxing chillout music which I now have in the background while playing.

just wanted to share.

http://www.youtube.com/user/relaxdaily

what do you guys have goin on in the background while u paint ur master pieces>?

Something rawkin', so, no Beyonce or Abba or Beiber or Nickelback or boy bands or any "alt" groups with a bunch of numbers in their name. I've actually got a wide range of interest, but I despise the popular stuff.

I kinda like appropriate film sound tracks. Not that I normally listen to music while painting
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

I'm actually a man! Rose Model Art's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Usually have either planet rock on or an audiobook, either game of thrones or a black library one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose Model Art View Post
    Usually have either planet rock on or an audiobook, either game of thrones or a black library one.
    ahh nice totaly passed my mind about audio books. Ill try this also.

I bought a learn to speak Japanese set of CDs several years ago. I tried listening and talking to myself while I work for years, but got almost nowhere. It just never progressed. Now...lately I've been watching Naruto with English subtitles, I'm a few hundred episodes in, and I'm way ahead of where I was. Without any effort, I just get distracted and realize I understand the words without reading the English. I don't know why I'm talking about this...the audio books got me thinking...

Whilst sculpting I've recently been listening to Biffy Clyro, Smashing Pumpkins, Killswitch Engage, Joe Satriani, Lights and (ahem) Katy Perry, lol. I do want to get a CD of Japanese relaxation music though. Music helps pass the time and I find you lose yourself in whatever you are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Luna View Post
    Consider yourself quoted!

I just started my adventure with painting, but the "trailer music" is really motivating - Two steps form hell, West One Music, Audiomachine, Mark Petrie and Petteri Sainio. Well check yourself - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3P2iaWma-Y
    Oh... and there's Nightwish... Yep, there's always Nightwish somewhere there

Blog Entries

Enya, clannad type stuff whilst painting watercolour at the moment as I am doing fairy, fey type folk. However, I like to pick the music to suit the subject, or it may be a film that is appropriate. My musical tastes vary widely, I cant stand rap and if it has blokes in backwards baseball caps and gold bling in it I hate it as a most definate rule. I am a metal man if truth be told. DO NOT tell anyone however, that I like ABBA or Aqua. Or I will kill you.....

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moonmin82 View Post
    Whilst sculpting I've recently been listening to Biffy Clyro, Smashing Pumpkins, Killswitch Engage, Joe Satriani, Lights and (ahem) Katy Perry, lol. I do want to get a CD of Japanese relaxation music though. Music helps pass the time and I find you lose yourself in whatever you are doing.
    Here is a recommendation for you mate!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D5Sa2Yq-2g

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

You'll like this site then. It's were we get our music from in the TV/ Video Game industries...

https://www.extrememusic.com/

There are others like Videohelper and Megatrax, but Extreme is the best hands down.
    Enjoy
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Most quoteymarks "Relaxing" music actually has the opposite effect on me because it reminds me too much of places it's put to ease people's nerves- like waiting areas or elevators. I can fall asleep listening to September Mourning. In fact, the more layers and sounds in a song, the more I can tune out background noise. It's only when I'm listening to a new album that my attention is called away because I want to absorb and enjoy it without any pretense or preconceptions.
    @Aspen- when I tell people about Nightwish they go "Who? Is that like Evanescence?" and I ask "Does Evanescence have their own freaking movie?" ;D

Newbie, please be gentle Dark Elf Miniatures's Avatar

Punk rock, ESPECIALLY with bagpipes!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Miniatures View Post
    Punk rock, ESPECIALLY with bagpipes!
    OK that'll be a NO THANK YOU x 2. (Seriously Bagpipes?????)
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Must admit that it's rare that I listen to music when painting, mostly audio books or pod casts.

The Dawn.. my favourite song of all the time
    Fell in love with it since the first time heard on www.live4mmo.com

No music for me, I'd rather have a TV show or movie playing. Or the occasional Audiobook.

Discover this recently
    http://youtu.be/lmc21V-zBq0

But normally I am listening to my "highest rated songs" playlist I have in my ipod, many metal (black, doom, death metals) which often fits the atmosphere of the mini I am painting... But not only, some alternative, hip-hop, classical tracks are also in the list! Normally when I am discovering some new albums and listening to it several times during one mini painting session, it will stick to this mini. It is quite funny that looking at old mini I have painted the first thing I am thinking about is the album I was listening while painting it....

I switch between audio books, top 40 radio (sadly i have to stay current working tv) and lately dub step remixes for some reason. It might the same phenomenon as johnny cash. You just kind of go into this painting trance and then next thing you know the law is after you and your minis are painted. Though most of time I try to theme what i am listening to with what i am painting.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo