Thread: Nippon - a NEW Warhammer Fantasy Battle Army (unofficial)

I really liked the previous edition of this, even bought some perry samurai's to start an army, will definitely have to have a look at this

Only tried a previous version once (against Dwarfs). It was really a strong army book, especially the Shrine of the Kami. Since then I play my samurai army with Empire rules, because I also wanted to write my own rules in the future.

I have been trying to figure out what mounts to use for demigryphs for a samurai themed empire army. Had anyone found anything to use for these guys??

Quote Originally Posted by Omegahavoc View Post
    I have been trying to figure out what mounts to use for demigryphs for a samurai themed empire army. Had anyone found anything to use for these guys??
    So I use the oriental Dragon from Reaper Minis. Here the link: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStor...sku-down/02794 . They fit perfectly on a 75x50 base and look also big enough for the profile of Demigryphs. With a bit of GS you can form a saddle or just glue you rider on top.
    Greetz
    Nippon (Empire rules): 1500 Pts

My Blog (in german): http://petersnippon.blogspot.de/

Quote Originally Posted by Omegahavoc View Post
    In the Arcane Legions line of minis, there is a Foo Lion:

Even though they are pre-painted, they're plastic, so they are cheaper than the pewter ones. Reaper also has a Foo Dog, but for $10 I find it's quality lacking vs. the one above:

You may also want to find a deer mini and paint it up like a Kirin.