Vert tank too small?

Thread: Vert tank too small?

Default Vert tank too small?

Name:  allied_grunt_35mm.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  65.6 KB

Just seen this picture, Is vert. tank too small?
    It will be even smaller than the cute sturmpanzer...

just a slight bigger version of rivet and R100?... an android (human form / size)

Probably at least ~10 to 20% bigger? it is a tank, at least able to fit 1 person spaciously?

(Just to discuss, I'm ok if that is fixed)

Name:  quad_stug_70mm.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  40.9 KB
    Last edited by Muttala; 02-12-2013 at 07:53 AM.

The vert tank, as well as the rivet, both look a little smaller than I expected (when compared to the coins). However I think the size of the tank is good relative to the rivet. From what little I know about the rules from the game play videos, I think there would be a huge advantage being able to put 4 of these in a square (or grid?) or use one of these to screen rivets in the same square (or grid?).

This is probably the best reference. Ted's original sketch:rivetwar.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/vert-tank-cross-section.html?m=1 i dont think the size is far offf but Im not sure about two rivets sharing.

i think he's re-working the scale, per this post he made during the KS campaign: http://www.rivetwars.com/wp-content/...atches_2x1.jpg

found here: http://www.rivetwars.com/?p=568
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Bubo; 02-12-2013 at 02:56 PM.

I think that looks to be about the same scale. Were the Rivet on a base, his helmet would come up to the "mail slot" on the vertical tank - which is what the acorn picture showed...

Bubo is correct. As Binary noticed the original design was a little small. So if you look at the image Bubo just posted the vert tank is about 30% larger or so. This makes it a 2x1, makes it believable that two rivets are squeezed in there and it allows for a plug to be added. If you haven't seen this and are building your own vert tank this cross section image might be helpful

Name:  vert_tank_crosssection_wip_1.jpg
Views: 1751
Size:  113.5 KB

How come only the bottom guy gets a "bathroom hatch"?

I see , thanks all for the clarification (I come to believe it's where vert tank beef up horizontally a bit as discussed before)

Anyway, It make lot a more sense for a tank in the bigger scale (either horizontally or vertically)
    Last edited by Muttala; 02-13-2013 at 12:12 AM.