Rivet Wars on sale in oz - available march 2013?!?!? ( I don't think so )

Thread: Rivet Wars on sale in oz - available march 2013?!?!? ( I don't think so )

Default Rivet Wars on sale in oz - available march 2013?!?!? ( I don't think so )

Check this out - Milsims, a Aussie game shop that I previously have bought from, is selling Rivet Wars pre-order, release date March....

http://milsims.com.au/node/125968

- at best this is just an error, at worst extremely dodgy! - I told they need to check that date.

update - they replied, changing date.
    Last edited by steambucky; 02-12-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by binarysunrise View Post
    So a retail of around $150 US?
    Yeah...150. Made even happier I was in the KS

That is Australian Dollars, so in US dollars it will be more I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandorf View Post
    If the exchange rate stays the same, then yes.

Well I am extra happy I got on the KS then!

That's interesting since we have not even started selling it to... anyone yet.

i sense a data harvesting scam site? anyone get the same vibe? if you (cmon) haven't even begun retail sales, are these guys just jumping the gun or is there some evil afoot? i see they've lowered the price as well... maybe to lure more people in? glad i got the KS.

Maybe they bought some sets from the KS, then try to resell them online through their shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubo View Post
    i sense a data harvesting scam site? anyone get the same vibe? if you (cmon) haven't even begun retail sales, are these guys just jumping the gun or is there some evil afoot? i see they've lowered the price as well... maybe to lure more people in? glad i got the KS.
    Its not a scams site. I have bought stuff from that site many times, they are an old company.

I can only think they bought into the kick starter and plan to sell the sets. They probably not the only people with that idea....

Quote Originally Posted by Vandorf View Post
    When I googled, the exchange rate was $1 AUD to $1.04 USD. So $150 AUD translates to about $155 USD. It looks like it's been hovering around an equal exchange for a few years.

I can't add to why they may already have Rivet Wars listed on their website, but I too have purchased product from them. It's been a few years now, but they had to ship my purchase around the world to the U.S., and I had absolutely nothing to complain about as far as that transaction went.

I also see that they bumped the price down to $105, and it's a preorder with a release date of September 2013.

Re MilSims - this is their standard approach. It lets gamers see what is upcoming and at what expected price - the dates are somewhat nominal and noone really views these as 'will definitely be here' dates. MilSims offer an excellent service for those of us down here. Bear in mind that their prices also include their expected shipping costs from the US so actual equivalent US prices would likely be less.