Basing Company Roundup

Thread: Basing Company Roundup

Blog Entries

Default Basing Company Roundup

Hello all,

Sorry if this has been posted already, but there's so damn many basing companies around these days I can't keep track of them all. I'd appreciate some help identifying the different manufacturers, your experiences if you've used them, and if you have comments or special notes for each we can do those too (ie. note if they do wood or resin plinths, and I can put in a column in a chart or something for that).

And as a personal note, if you know which companies make 50x75mm square bases, I'm looking at getting some for Monstrous Cavalry in Fantasy. I just don't like the plain bases, but the 50x75mm isn't as common yet
    Please feel free to check out my hobby blog, IMMATERIUM PRESS. Rumors, hobby articles, community building and tournament organization. Many thanks

Blog Entries

[Placeholder for summary chart]

Back-2-Base-ix
    Dark Ages
    Dragonforge Designs
    Micro Art Studio
    Scibor
    Secret Weapon Miniatures
    Last edited by Jericho; 02-14-2013 at 12:09 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my hobby blog, IMMATERIUM PRESS. Rumors, hobby articles, community building and tournament organization. Many thanks

ooh awesome idea there really does need to be a central guide for different bases with a rough idea of what they offer i've used secret weapons ones but couldn't tell you if they do chariot ones i'd assume so as they have a bigger variety than most they even do the biig oval ones for that dreadknight thing it was just a shame that not all their bevelled edge stuff is available in round lipped bases easy enough to customise but would have been nice to be able to get them ready to go straight out of the packet

Blog Entries

Ah yes, Secret Weapon! How could I forget them I think they do have some of the larger base sizes, as you say, but I don't remember seeing the 50x75mm last I checked (chariots are 50x100mm by comparison).

Thanks and keep them coming.

Blog Entries

Dark Ages and Scibor added to the brand listing. Will start to update the chart format once I have a bit of downtime.