Hellbeard's Sculpt-O-Rama - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hellbeard's Sculpt-O-Rama

A bit of progress on this Gnome:

Really interesting to see you pass from the concept art to the actual mini. Keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Really interesting to see you pass from the concept art to the actual mini. Keep it up
    Thank you! I'm very glad you enjoy it.

wow! I'm loving your stuff here!

you are a very talented person, I wish I could achieve the level of detail of yours someday, someday...

Anyway keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Rerclusiarch View Post
    wow! I'm loving your stuff here!

you are a very talented person, I wish I could achieve the level of detail of yours someday, someday...

Anyway keep it up!
    Thank you very much! It feels good to be appreciated like that. I'm sure if you dedicate the time and effort you can achieve any goal you set to yourself. If you need any help I am available for questions and comments.

Here's an update:

He's nearly totally complete. Just some small stuff to do here and there. I've added this gnome to the rewards of my indieGoGo campaign in an attempt to re-boot it. Go and check it out if you're interested:

http://igg.me/at/igra/x/2504557

I will also do an undead familiar now, in the same scale which will also be added to the rewards. I'm accepting suggestions as to what type of animal and which sort of undeath.

Made a bit of progress. Ideas for enemies and other unit types are welcome if you've got any.
    I'll shave the knees a bit after it cures to give the edge more definition. I changed the shape of the pads also.

I gave the gnome a bit of a shave to improve the shape of his mouth.

Progressing. I haven't had a lot of time to work but if I did have the ability to sculpt full time I think I've got a pretty good rhythm going.

nice trooper, the gun is very nicely done, lots of cool details!

Newbie, please be gentle 5-13 Studios's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very cool work!

Quote Originally Posted by Rerclusiarch View Post
    nice trooper, the gun is very nicely done, lots of cool details!
    Quote Originally Posted by 5-13 Studios View Post
    Very cool work!
    Thank you very much! I'm not entirely satisfied with some of the details but I hope what I can't improve now, I'll do better next time.

Here's a progress update. Hands, pouch tabs and arm preparation. Is it a good idea to provide some magnet holes/markers for weapon swapping or keep the arms and guns as one piece?

I decided that built in magnetization option was not necessary. The right arm and weapon will be one part and the body and left arm two separate parts.

Added sleeve, shoulder pad (to be shaved) and some barrel shroud which needs to be improved.

I also completed some FOW units - 2 PAK40+command and American command.

I've added the right shoulder plate and lowered the carrying handle by something like half a millimeter. Now the area around it looks a little mushy, I'll shave and sand it flat (I hope). The assault handle broke off- if I decide I want to keep them I'll add reinforcement to the next one.

I also update the backpack and added a knife in a sheath.

Also, nicer FOW pics:

Last edited by Hellbeard; 03-17-2013 at 05:11 PM. Reason: accidentally huge picture

Finished the sculpt. However, I decided to shift the scale of my work so that it fits in better with the most popular manufacturers size. I've determined it should be between 1:54 and 1:60. I'll do some comparisons with drawings/printed silhouettes to dial it in.
    Now that I get to start over I'm considering also doing some revamped design. I'm thinking about a slimmer weapon and maybe a closed helmet.

The new scale is 1:56. I've added some comparison photographs with the 1:52 planetFaller and a "heroic 28mm" figure. Make note that my 1:52 guy is a bit on the tall side, it seems I've sculpted him to be ~1.90 meters tall.

Started 3 1:56 planetFallers. Basic underlying anatomy done and one right boot. I'll try to work assembly line like doing each stage successively. I'm also trying to improve the level of work by focusing on one item or detail at a time. It'll slow me down a little but hopefully pays off in looks.

More boot action. 3 planetFallers, 1:56 scale.

Here's my update:

All three have both boots. I cut off and redid the left boot of the first guy. Added faces to two out of three.