Milosh's Pin-Ups and Hot Chicks WIP log - Page 45
Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Milosh's Pin-Ups and Hot Chicks WIP log

Milosh I followed you when I first got my account and somehow I lost you. Remember you had some awesome pieces. Now I check back in with you and I didn't think it was possible but you upped your game some more. Good stuff bro. You and Dave Powell really represent for the American painters on here.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Blog Entries

Thanks Andy. Thanks BFK, I sure appreciate that. Glad you're back sir.

Lilith turned out beautifully Milosh and i'm really liking where the new figure is going

USA! USA!

Nice to see you finishing up this beautiful little figure. Is that a stripe detail I see on the end of her right sleeve? The color is a bit close to the shadow tone there so it's a bit subtle. I imagine when you do it on the other arm it will stand out more (that arm is more of a focal point anyway). But, if you want to give yourself an additional headache you could try a very fine blue line on either side of the stripe to really make it pop while keep with the limited palette you're using. Clearly not necessary, but if I don't find some way to slow you down I'm going to start feeling bad about all the figures I still haven't finished.

that Lilith has to be one of my fave models really like the sculpt and you've done it beautifully (as usual).

Lilith looks a lot like Megan Fox.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Blog Entries

Thanks guys for the comments. Bailey, it's not a stripe so maybe I need to look at that area again. Lilith does look a little like Meghan Fox.

Update on the current girl. The dragon got his wings.

Name:  enchant3.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  150.1 KB

Name:  enchant4.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  160.3 KB

Like the patterning on the wings mate, it's something I've noticed on dragons of varying sizes that the wings are very often one colour (Very nicely painted in many cases) always nice to see someone pushing the envelope
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

The spots on the wings are a nice touch!

Quote Originally Posted by Milosh View Post
    Bailey, it's not a stripe so maybe I need to look at that area again.
    It was the same shade as the shadow color, but I thought maybe you were just trying to keep the palette limited. I think it was this picture that gave the me stripe feel, I don't see it in the others. Check the right sleeve, there's a strong dark/light transition near the end. Maybe it's just the angle of the photo. I actually like the little detail for the stripe, so instead of smoothing it out you could keep it and do the rest of the sleeve along with the other one. But that is your call of course.

Great stuff as usual mate. The shading and highlighting are lovely and smooth.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Milosh: if you'd try to paint Lilith in a dark-red(or a white) a transparent cloth, then how would you paint the wings? I simply have no idea now.

ohh and in the box there were 2 extreme small bits on a sprue. Do you know what they are? My best guess is that they are the candle's lights, but could be anything really.
    Last edited by MAXXxxx; 08-29-2014 at 05:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the comments guys. I still don't think I see what you mean bailey. I think it is just extreme highlighting maybe.

Max; it is the candles flames but I didn't use them. I have two more of her on backorder to ship next month, I am planning to do one in white (maybe play with sheer but I don't think the folds will allow enough of the flesh to show to make it worth it). Interesting thought on the wings. I think they would have to be basecoated with white then shaded with a tan or grey, as opposed to black highlighted with white like I did on this version.

Maybe I can help. Bailey is talking about the dark line right next to her braid on her right wrist. Look just left of the braid on her sleeve, there's a shadow that runs down the length of the loose sleeve. You probably don't recognize because you just see it as a shadow in the fold. I had to look at it like a stripe and then it looked like one.
    Last edited by BloodFather of Kharnath; 08-29-2014 at 07:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Ok yeah, I see it now. You are right, i painted it as a shadow so I couldn't recognize it as a stripe. Funny how your mind does that. Thank you sir.

It might just be the angle or the photo. But take a look at it and see how it looks on the actual figure. I kind of like the stripe idea, so I say continue it around. Or just smooth the edge out if you don't.

Blog Entries

Almost done with the Enchantment girl so I got sidetracked with another figure (as I often do). I just got her in from Pegaso and had to start on her right away.

Name:  strip1.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  163.4 KB

Name:  strip2.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  133.4 KB

Name:  strip3.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  137.8 KB

Well, she clearly isn't shy. I'm curious to see what sort of scene you come up with for this one.

Blog Entries

Crikey...mommy there's a bad woman on the web. I think she should be set in a confessional box, i'll get in the other side... Wanna see enchantment finished, i'm interested in the wing pattern, maybe some ideas to pinch

Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. Edgar Degas.

With those pink stockings she must be in a ice cream parlour to cool off ! LOL
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

I'm sure I could check page by page, but did you ever do the Marilyn in white dress over air vent figure? From Andrea? My wife is a huge fan of the actress and I thought of painting her one for her b day