Milosh's Pin-Ups and Hot Chicks WIP log - Page 47
Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Milosh's Pin-Ups and Hot Chicks WIP log

Blog Entries

Thanks Bailey. Going for sharp contrast with this girl. The multi fig piece won't be seen till MFCA, it is a full scratch, built by a friend of mine in Texas.

Nice fun piece to get back in the swing of girlie painting then, on first glance I thought she had no feet then noticed they were exactly the same colour as the base ( So much for my powers of observation !) Great start bud
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

yup, nice shading, very cartoonesque look.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Quote Originally Posted by Milosh View Post
    Thanks Bailey. Going for sharp contrast with this girl. The multi fig piece won't be seen till MFCA, it is a full scratch, built by a friend of mine in Texas.
    Well you're definitely getting it. The contrast looks great.

Oh yeah, I think I remember you mentioning that scratch built piece (I'll leave it at that, in case I'm right I don't want to ruin the surprise). Hopefully I can make it to MFCA to see it in person. Otherwise I'll be looking forward to seeing you post the photos here.

Very nice hair tones in the last pic, I always struggle with hair myself will take this one as an good example to recreate. Also the ladies are nice, someday i might paint one.
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Yep a great 'halo' effect on the hair there looking great.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Blog Entries

Thanks guys for the comments. I am going after a comic book art look, I guess cartoony is the same. Yeah Bailey, that's the one. I think I showed it to you or just tell you about it when you came by my house?

Little more work on her suit. I took these pics with the new Iphone 6, I think it does almost as good a job as my full size camera. What ya think?

Name:  girl3.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  94.0 KB

Name:  girl4.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  87.6 KB

Name:  girl5.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  91.2 KB

I really like the white outfit. That's a tough color to do dramatic contrast with, but you've got a real nice range here. Well done.

I think you just told me about the vignette. I don't remember seeing any of the sculpts.

The outfit really works well for the comic book style your going for, excellent work as always
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

The red hair is incredibly done. You found a very realistic tone here despite the comic book appeal.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    The red hair is incredibly done. You found a very realistic tone here despite the comic book appeal.
    Seconded! That really is the cherry on top.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Oh that's weird. i just got her in the mail as few days ago. Love your take on her so far!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Blog Entries

Thanks guys for the comments. The red hair was kind of an accident that I plan on using again, I really like it. That's funny Zab, she is a real peach to paint.

Added some texture to the ground.

Name:  girl8.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  100.3 KB

Name:  girl9.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  100.1 KB

She looks great. The contrast on her turned out extremely well.

Quote Originally Posted by Milosh View Post
    kind of an accident that I plan on using again
    I think that describes roughly half of my painting successes

Nobody pimps the pin ups like Milosh. IME with female skin you have to be extremely subtle, and if you're going to push the contrast you'd better get the lighting just right. In this regard, you are the master Milosh, and I look to your work for the examples needed. When I was just starting out I tried a female Samurai type from Wyrd and wanted a sheer effect. I followed the advice of numerous tutorials but it wasn't until I read your take on sheer that I got it right. Mix the skin tone with the fabric color, rather than glazing the skin color on top of the fabric color. Anyway, I bring this up because if you're a painter of the fairer sex, just look at Milosh 'do gallery and draw your inspiration from there.

If her suit is intended to be white, I think you could use a bit more highlighting. What I found with white is that yes, it requires the range of tones that you are so expertly using. But the highlight areas really need to dominate the structure. Leave your purest white for the highest spots, but keep a near pure white and use this as a mid tone almost, or the color that occupies the greatest area.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Pretty! Agree with the general consensus that the hair is super rad, and the bodysuit looks nice and shiny in the front (perhaps not as much in the back?). Something that keeps throwing me off, though--and it's possible this is just my weirdo brain--but I keep seeing the whites of her eyes as the irises and the black bits as the "whites." Not sure if it's the shape or the size of the black area, but my head just won't let me see it the other way around.

Also, why the heckaroo is she walking that cat? There's some hidden story here...

Reminds me of Zoe Kazan from "Ruby Sparks." There's better pics that look more like the mini but I found this one quickly.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries

Thanks Sionid, Bailey and BFK for the comments. BFK, you make me blush sir, thanks for the very kind words. Her suit isn't necessarily white, I just wanted it to look shiny. Sionid, not sure about the eyes, I guess I can see that as well. No reason for walking the cat other than to make someone wonder why she is walking a cat. Thanks again guys!

Maybe she looks to far to the side. Increasing the size of the irises a bit and then adding a tiny white spot of reflecting light onto them whould make it perfect imho (if possible).

Hair looks great, suit is awesome and skin tone is great as always. Good job!

Nice work Milosh as usual. Btw are the eyes sculpted to slightly different sizes?the right appears smaller even accounting for a wink.