Milosh's Pin-Ups and Hot Chicks WIP log - Page 9
Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Milosh's Pin-Ups and Hot Chicks WIP log

I think it will be overkill too. The freehand is really amazing now already
    My painting blog: The Way of the Painter

Very nice, love these samurai type minis. There might be a 10 ball project in the near future ???
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

great freehand ! I think the Cranes would be to much
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

I also think it would be a overkill. You can paint the cranes either on the inside of the kimono or in the clothes under... on the waist ribbon, perhaps.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the input. In all fairness I posted my question too late to get any feedback before I was to sit down and start painting. I thought long and hard before The next step, I looked at the kimono for almost an hour and really felt it was all too much the same color tones. So while my wife was out running and unable to advise me differently, I dove in a started painting white cranes.

first I blocked in the shapes of the cranes.

Name:  fsam8.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  41.1 KB

now I start more details of the cranes. I plan to keep them white without a lot of color. More to do on them tonight though.

Name:  fsam9.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  88.9 KB

Name:  fsam10.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  97.8 KB

Name:  fsam11.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  85.6 KB

Name:  fsam12.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  38.0 KB

That's looking awesome. Love the freehand work and on a 54 too, very nice. I can definitely see the inspiration from your previous samurai figure.

It seems like the consensus is that adding cranes to the kimono would be too much (and I'd agree). If you don't already have the base planned out, what about adding one of those Asian style screens behind her? You could continue with the freehand and put your cranes there. If it were me I'd do a combination of these two designs. In my opinion the simpler pattern and color palette on the right wouldn't fight with the main figure for the viewer's attention. So I'd stay close to that but could work cranes into the design instead. I also think a design that is mostly black and white would help keep it secondary to the main focal point of the figure, but some touches of red would tie it in with her kimono. Just me brainstorming here. I look forward to seeing what you decide to do with the rest of her!

Blog Entries

great idea sir. But look above your post, I painted the cranes already.

Yeah, you posted while I was typing. I didn't see it until I'd hit reply.

The cranes on the kimono are looking good. I still think a screen could be a cool backdrop for the figure... though now you could do something besides cranes with that design

Blog Entries

Yeah, I really like that idea of a screen. I am trying to think of a cool base for her and the screen idea is a good one. Thank you sir.

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Pfft, Milosh if I couln't do any better than that I would just stay in bed. So I guess I will just go to bed....

Looks great, man, your rock.

Now you're making me feel guilty for wussing out on Wu Ling. Way to go.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Blog Entries

Thanks MC & KB for the too kind comments. Tryst, I don't blame you for not doing any freehand on wu ling, that girl is so tiny. Got a little bit done last night but no pics, hopefully I can stay on a roll and get some more done tonight and some pics.

Really awesome work milosh. Making me want to get one of these Japanese sculpts.
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries

Thanks Will, you should give it a go. They give you lots of opportunity for painting patterns and such.

Here is a little more progress on her. I have attached the lower part of her body. I painted a bunch of blossoms going down her left side but you can only see them when you turn her upside down. Oh well, it doesn't cost anything to pay attention, so it is my own damn fault.

Name:  fsam13.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  128.2 KB

Name:  fsam14.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  44.5 KB

Name:  fsam15.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  40.4 KB

its good to see the masters making mistakes also
    Top notch as usual sir.
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

The freehand is awesome ! looking really good
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

The freehands are as complete as possible, real clothes you do not always see every part of too but it is there

Looking great man keep up the good work
    My painting blog: The Way of the Painter

Whatever, you know it's there and besides practice makes perfect - or in your case perfecter.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Blog Entries

Thank guys for the really nice comments and for liking her. I am not worthy of such compliments, but I'll take em' :P