Milosh's Pin-Ups and Hot Chicks WIP log - Page 12
Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Milosh's Pin-Ups and Hot Chicks WIP log

Blog Entries

Thanks WGS, I'll keep you in mind Chad :P. I think I will get that figure when it is released Trystan. Kabuki has kind of rubbed me the wrong way by not replying to a couple of emails I sent them, but I am sure they are busy.

I am thinking of changing course with this girl and using the umbrella, but painting a bunch of Japanese themed freehand on it. I would use her with this bridge that is loosely borrowed from Crackpots recent project. What do you think? Part of me wants to break my samurai girl off her base and put her on this one (very dangerous proposition). let me know your feedback of this idea. Thanks

Name:  bb13.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  74.3 KB

Name:  bb14.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  85.5 KB

Name:  bb15.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  78.7 KB

Name:  bb16.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  98.6 KB

Love the bridge idea, not going to say if you should remove her from the base or not (I dont want to get the blame)
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

I do not think you should break the Japanese girl off her base. I like the Umbrella idea. It will add more mystery to an already interesting character.

Moe
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Blog Entries

Thanks for the input guys. I have a bad feeling about trying to break her off so she will stay as she is. 10, I'd blame you anyway sir.

Yeah, I like the combination of that figure with an asian-style base. But to complete the look I feel like you need more steampunk elements on the base. I had a cool desktop image of a steampunk-asian scene... if I can find it I'll send it to you. Might be able to give you some ideas.

I agree, do not break her free.

Also good to see you posting today. Did any of the storms get over your way?

like the steam punk girl on the bridge, maybe have some mechanical koi in the river to carry the steam punk theme into the base
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Blog Entries

See if you can find that image Bailey, that would be great thanks.

Thanks KB, we escaped the really bad stuff but just down the road is a disaster. It is a true tragedy with all the death it caused.

WGS, brilliant idea! I wonder how I could build such creatures?

Google images; "mechanical fish", turned up some cool ideas that may help.

They don't even have to be fully clockwork fish. Maybe some Victorian cyborg fish?

Blog Entries

Just googled it an there are some neat ideas. Maybe some lilly pads made from gears.

Don't you think a fish with a pocket watch is a great idea,
    Mmmmm maybe it's just me
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

gear lilly pads sound cool !

We really need a like button. +1 for gear lily pads. As for a Koi with a pocket watch? I do not think so, but maybe opera glasses

Here are a few inspiration images (though mechanical carp would be awesome too)

Name:  14500-towm-cyberpunk-steampunk.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  466.8 KB

Name:  STEAMPUNK_JAPAN_HI_REZ_by_phishy.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  667.5 KB

this is turning out nice=) gotta say i like the fish idea, but allways gotta give some cred to the motivation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S47YoowLcB8 gives me when it comes to fish!

What about a subtle mural on the deck of the bridge? Or would that distract the mini?

Thanks for the link ischa that was amazing !!!

Blog Entries

Thanks Bailey for the inspiration, awesome scenes sir. Ischa; that's what I wanted to try doing till the mechanical fish idea sounded so good. I gave it a semi go in my last female samurai (on a very small scale). KB; I think a little mural might detract, besides, I am painting her umbrella with a pretty big Japanese theme. 10 ball; that's just silly sir (like painting orc knuckles pink ;P).

I painted on the umbrella last night but didn't really like the results so I am going to paint over it and give it another go tonight.

Thanks again and keep the ideas coming.

Blog Entries

I originally had painted a koi on the umbrella but just didn't like it, so I painted over it all and started over. Here are some pics of the start of my little painting. I included a pic of my little painting area with the arm that holds my reference picture.

Name:  bb17.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  23.1 KB

Name:  bb18.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  40.2 KB

Name:  bb19.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  114.9 KB