Milosh's Pin-Ups and Hot Chicks WIP log - Page 13
Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Milosh's Pin-Ups and Hot Chicks WIP log

Looks good. Given the figure, with her mechanical arm and pistol, I think something like a tiger seems more fitting.

By the way, that "back" and "front" label is a good idea. A guy at my painting group was showing us a flag has was painting. He untaped it from the cardboard to show us the other side only to find out it was upside down. Never underestimate the importance of marking front/back or top/bottom labels

Blog Entries

Thanks Bailey, that's exactly why I do it. Too many times I have painted a shield only to find out the design is going to be upside down or crooked. It wasn't as important for this one except I pre-shaded and highlighted the front and back.

looks stunning look forward to seeing all the elements put together
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Good tip on the up/dowm Mr Milosh. Tiger works well.
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Looking good my friend! I really like the idea of the steampunk fish. That bridge is awesome dude! Did you scratchbuild it? Love the umbrella as well! Man, I get behind and look how much you do! Keep up the good work.

PS. Been thinking about all you folks in Oklahoma a lot! Blessings on the folks in your state!
    Last edited by Wigdog; 05-23-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Blog Entries

thanks 10, WGS & Wigdog. Thanks for the thoughts Wigdog. The bridge is scratch, the arches are from a hirst arts mould for making a castle.

I think I can almost call the umbrella done now, which is good because I am trying to get her done before our show on June 1st.

Name:  bb20.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  68.6 KB

Name:  bb21.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  81.5 KB

Cracking job mr Milosh. Nice and colourful without looking over the top.
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

That is very intricate. Please don't show me the scale it is happening in. I'm all outta tears.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Great job. I'm at the show in spirit my friend. Grandkids called this year but one of these years I got to get to that hospitality room! My regards to all!

Really nice work. not checked in here for a while but fantastic progress. the base is shaping up really nicely Milosh.

Over and out
    Will
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries

Thanks 10, Zab, WigDog and Will. WigDog; sorry you are gonna miss the show again this year, but I know how much those grandkids mean to you, they are a lucky bunch of kids for certain. Zab; it isn't an insane small scale, it is for a 75mm kit.

Did some work on her over the long weekend but not as much as I would have liked since there were so many festivities going on.

My watch gears came in on friday so I added them to the base.

Name:  bb22.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  69.8 KB

I painted them with different greens and built my dam for the resin water and poured it in.

Name:  bb23.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  56.9 KB

Took the forms off the next night and mounted her to the base (what a chore this was).

Name:  bb24.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  65.7 KB

The edges of the water didn't come out as clean as I would have liked so I will be doing something about that tonight. Let me know what you think.

WOW! The gears were a cool idea but it's a whole other thing to see the execution! That is stunning so far - not that your stuff is ever anything but.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Gears look cool are you still going to paint the fish ? Have you tried a test piece ?
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Blog Entries

thanks Zab, I gotta thank the guys in this thread for giving me the gear idea. WGS, I decided against painting the fish on this piece since I have to have it done for our June 1st figure show. I couldn't afford any set backs but I am going to start experimenting with it.

Lovely progress there mate good choice with the gears and the bridge is spot on. Should be a winner!
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

'set backs' and 'experimenting' are usually in the same sentence so be careful, seeing the deadline is June 1st
    "
    . Andyg

She looks brilliant. Everything is looking fantastic. This is an eye catcher.

Moe
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

She's coming along nicely. Good luck at the show!

Amazing work, you are a free hand king! Everything is looking immaculate. The fish link is very interesting, All the best for the 1st.