Milosh's Pin-Ups and Hot Chicks WIP log - Page 2
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Milosh's Pin-Ups and Hot Chicks WIP log

A whole army, now that'd be cool. Given the scale of the Andrea pin ups it'd be like Warhammer meets the "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman" (or Women).

She's coming along nicely, Milosh. I like the color variations in the shadows of the dress.

Blog Entries

Thanks Bailey. A new addition to my chick posse just arrived in the mail. It was a little surprise from my friends at Nocturna. I'll have to move her up on my list of what to paint next.

Name:  hood1.jpg
Views: 1704
Size:  65.5 KB

That bluish tint on the dress does work to make the rest come out. You really have a way with women Milosh

Blog Entries

Thanks Alexandra, they are my favorite subject to paint.

Did a little more blending on the dress to bring the contrast down. I also played with my light setup, the incandescent bulb was making everything so warm. I think the 2nd picture shows here a little closer to RL but now is a little too cool. Tons more work left to do on the dress, large areas can be such a challenge to get smooth.

Name:  egg9.jpg
Views: 1670
Size:  70.4 KB

Name:  egg10.jpg
Views: 1683
Size:  72.4 KB

I was going to post something sooner but i was still picking my jaw up off the floor. This is my new favorite thread to watch Wonderful, wonderful stuff Milosh. I've been hoping you'd make this a reality. How are these models to clean and prep?

Moe
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

moetle - Well at least the Andrea stuff isn't too bad - it's metal, and so rather heavy (they're 80mm).
    Milosh - no kidding. That's what I find most challenging at the larger scales - getting everything smooth. You can't get away with the same tactics you can on a 28mm figure.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Blog Entries

Moe; I am glad you like my ladies, as you see I have tons of them planned. I also still have that big kit that we talked about but am a little afraid to start it yet. And Trystan is correct about cleanup on these kits. I have never had a problem with Andrea kits (and I've done a bunch of them) but some people say all they get are nightmares from them. Right your are Trystan, the big models don't let you hide anything, it has to be smooth or it doesn't look right.

wow. you certainly have a way with the ladies
    but seriously, that paintjob is spectacular. i can't wait to se her finished

Blog Entries

Thanks meaty, I appreciate you checking her out.

Worked a little more on smoothing the dress and added some more violet in the shadows. At this stage progress just seems to creep but it was a full nights work with lots of colors being applied.
    Name:  egg11.jpg
Views: 1590
Size:  69.3 KB

Name:  egg12.jpg
Views: 1603
Size:  66.8 KB

Has this site been running incredibly slow for anyone else?

Looking good! I also saw you submitted a few of your works to the MassiveVoodoo contest. Best of luck to you there! I was hoping the historical category wouldn't be quite as tough as the others... but taking a look at the gallery there are a lot of great entries. Oh well, there's still a bunch of prizes for the random drawings so maybe I'll luck out there.

Oh, and you're not the only one who's seen a CMON slow down: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...php?52743-Slow

Blog Entries

Good to see you wigdog and congrats on the award in Atlanta sir.

Thanks Bailey. I saw your stuff in there too, I really like that new bust you did for the contest. I, like you, saw that there are some great entries. Historical has the fewest entries but I will be looking forward to the random drawings too I'm afraid.

I'm glad to know it isn't just me that is getting the slow down. On these forum type sites you can put members that are trouble makers in a "group" that basically slows the site down to a crawl for them. Sometimes it can even mess up your clicks by sending you to a different place than what you intended. It is to frustrate them to the point that they just eventually leave the site. It saves the admins from banning them. I was afraid CMON put me in one of those "groups".

Like a bloody snail I tell you! Thought it was my internetty glad it's not.

Those shadows on the dress look super great choice of colours sir.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Like a bloody snail I tell you! Thought it was my internetty glad it's not.

Those shadows on the dress look super great choice of colours sir.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

You, sir, are one of the reasons I shy from painting white. Super work on that dress!!

Blog Entries

Thanks for staying with her Guys and gal. Alexandra, white is a beast to get right and she is still far from it. It is one of the hardest colors for me and I have cursed myself numerous times for going with a white dress.

Here is the work done last night. I changed the trim on her dress from pink to red, the pink was too close to her skin color so the red pops a little more. I also put some putty on the base and added a little gem to her, see if you can spot it. hint; the title of the piece is going to be "Thank you note".

Name:  egg13.jpg
Views: 1560
Size:  31.6 KB

Name:  egg14.jpg
Views: 1545
Size:  65.7 KB

Name:  egg16.jpg
Views: 1543
Size:  65.9 KB

And here is a preview of the next one I am going to do. I thought I would show her from the very beginning so you could get a little feel for the process I have come up with for these girls. These pics show here assembled with as many parts as possible, leaving off ones that will make skin painting difficult. These parts (hula skirt, ukulele and lei) will be painted seperatley and glued on at the end. I have cleaned all seam lines buffed her with fine steelwool then polished her with my dremels polishing wheel. I really polished her booty since this is a key focal point so I want it to be super smooth.

Name:  hula1.jpg
Views: 1550
Size:  28.6 KB

Name:  hula2.jpg
Views: 1549
Size:  25.7 KB

Name:  hula3.jpg
Views: 1545
Size:  36.8 KB

Milosh - you're not making it any easier to resist buying more of these...
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

So what is that in the vase -- a Prick-ly Pear?

Blog Entries

Trystan; why do you think I have so many of them, I just can't resist buying them. I also have one of those 200mm Pegaso girls coming to me, Stacey I think her name is. She'll get painted in this thread too.

Wigdog; I have no idea what that is, a topiary or something is my guess. I removed it shortly after taking the pictures, it was a little unsightly.

beautiful pinup Milosh.
    your new one looks amazing as well, can't wait to see what you're going to do with her