Milosh's Pin-Ups and Hot Chicks WIP log - Page 3
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Milosh's Pin-Ups and Hot Chicks WIP log

Next please
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Yes next, don't sleep Milosh just PAINT. I need to see more lovely girls, girls!!
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Blog Entries

Thanks guys for stopping by. Well it seems like this weekend I didn't sleep, only painted. My hula hula girl got a lot of paint put on her this weekend (15 hours just on Saturday alone). Here are the steps I went through on her to get where she sits at the present.

For this girl I decided to crack open my airbrush and see how I could use it on a smaller figure. I am not the most comfortable with an airbrush so it is a little scary.

airbrush out.
    Name:  hh10.jpg
Views: 1596
Size:  76.4 KB

first passes using Julio Cabos pin-up book as a guide.

Name:  hh9.jpg
Views: 1593
Size:  59.0 KB

Name:  hh8.jpg
Views: 1581
Size:  63.9 KB

Name:  hh7.jpg
Views: 1580
Size:  52.2 KB

getting the eyes framed in

Name:  hh6.jpg
Views: 1582
Size:  65.0 KB

placing the eyes and base coating the hair

Name:  hh5.jpg
Views: 1580
Size:  58.5 KB

Getting some color on the flowers and darkening the hair. I'm also defining the face and adding and reducing volume where needed.

Name:  hh4.jpg
Views: 1576
Size:  48.9 KB

working on the grass skirt and glueing it on

Name:  hh3.jpg
Views: 1582
Size:  65.7 KB

getting more parts glued on a testing colors. Oh no! she is starting to look like a china doll. I got to correct that tonight.

Name:  hh2.jpg
Views: 1599
Size:  58.4 KB

A nice shot of her booty.

Name:  hh1.jpg
Views: 1614
Size:  76.8 KB

I think I like the airbrush for basic base coating of flesh.

Damn fine sir two hours sleep tonight only and have a word with the boss and get tommorow off I hear he's got a thing for painting lol
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

The airbrush work is very smooth. Well done.

Looking good. That's a lot of progress for a days work! Though it does sound like a marathon painting session. Seems like the airbrush worked out well.

Very cool. thanks for sharing the steps from the bench - bro!!!

Blog Entries

Thanks guys for the comments. Tried to correct the face a little bit and added in the base coated ukulele and hand. She's getting there but the fine details always take so long to get right. Let me know what you think.

Name:  hula14.jpg
Views: 1511
Size:  94.5 KB

Name:  hula15.jpg
Views: 1505
Size:  68.8 KB

Name:  hula16.jpg
Views: 1512
Size:  61.7 KB

Name:  hula17.jpg
Views: 1509
Size:  62.9 KB

Name:  hula18.jpg
Views: 1501
Size:  59.8 KB

Name:  hula19.jpg
Views: 1501
Size:  63.1 KB

Fantastic skin and face booty etc.

If you pushed me I would probably say the flower could do with having the contrast icreased just a tad same for the purple necklace of flowers (i forget the correct name for it) other than that its done and a beauty it is too.
    Here be my ranking=

Looks great, what AndyG said plus maybe a little variation in the skin, like a tatoo on her back or her hip?
    My painting blog: The Way of the Painter

I wouldn't put a tattoo on her as these girls from the 40's didn't have them - tho IF you were, I'd put a navy anchor on her tush with Milosh over or underneath! LOL

Color of the flowers in spot on!

Blog Entries

Thanks guys for cehcking her out. Andy; I still have the details to do which will include the flowers, I might even change their color. Blaze; I considered a tattoo but as wigdog points out it would go against the time period she is from. I do however think it would look ultra cool and I have never been much for historical accuracy.

Thanks again guys and hopefully some more painting on her tonight.

The skin is really smooth. Impressive work with the airbrush.
    The skin, bra, ankle bracelets and ukulele all look really good. I bet the other stuff has yet to receive a few highlights to really make it pop.
    Latest endeavour: OSL Wyrd Pere Ravage

Practicing human skin and faces - Summer - Almira
    Space Hulk OSL Diorama
    OSL AoW Orc Shaman

Blog Entries

Thanks for checking her out. I did a little more brush work on her last night and worked on getting a little shine to the skin. I also changed the color of her ankle flowers to match the lei around her neck.

Name:  hula20.jpg
Views: 1452
Size:  97.3 KB

Name:  hula21.jpg
Views: 1451
Size:  98.8 KB

Name:  hula22.jpg
Views: 1446
Size:  103.9 KB

Name:  hula23.jpg
Views: 1441
Size:  99.0 KB

Name:  hula24.jpg
Views: 1452
Size:  99.2 KB

I also worked on "Thank you note" a little too. I added in some grass and some flowers and gave her skin a little shine.

Name:  egg17.jpg
Views: 1445
Size:  102.2 KB

Name:  egg18.jpg
Views: 1445
Size:  103.3 KB

Name:  egg19.jpg
Views: 1446
Size:  103.5 KB

Name:  egg21.jpg
Views: 1432
Size:  105.1 KB

Name:  egg22.jpg
Views: 1441
Size:  89.5 KB

Name:  egg23.jpg
Views: 1447
Size:  96.5 KB

Let me know what you think.

Hey Milosh-

Fantastic work on the Hula girl!

If I may offer a suggestion? Maybe its just me, but the purple lei reminds a bit of one of those platic-y tourist souvenir leis. This girl just seems worthy of something a little classier.

What about something like

or

(I found those doing a quick google Image search on "hawaiian leis")

It's kinda tough to tell though... Is there even enough detail in the sculpt to go this route?

Oh, and also, I just thought of this... instead of a tattoo, have you considered some subtle tan lines? Might add a little visual interest (not that it's needed mind you lol), without going against "historical accuracy".

They look great mate the garden is super and yes the ankle Lei is better now, keep it up.
    Here be my ranking=

Really like your skin tones on these models, they look so natural.
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

I like the shine you added to the Thank You Note. Both of these girls look pretty close to being finished. You're going to have your army of giant pinups ready in no time!

Also, congratulations on the win in the Wamped III contest. For everyone else, Milosh's Landsknetch bust and it's impressive freehand work won the large scale category. I recall there being some tough competition in that category. Nice job! Now it's eligible for the best in show award (along with the winners of the other 4 categories), so anyone who's a member of the Wamp forum be sure to go vote!

Blog Entries

Thanks guys for checking her out. Flagg; The sculpting just isn't there like your pictures. I wish it was because I would paint it like that 2nd photo, that is gorgeous. Thanks Andy and wargame, I appreciate the encouragement.

Thanks Bailey, I appreciate the words. And about the wamp contest, I was very honored when I heard the news. Thank you sir for the congratulations. I honestly didn't think I stood a chance against megazord_mans cars, those things were awesome.

Congrats also goes to you sir for taking the honors home with your awesome Roman.

Thank you again for checking out my girls. More work tonight and then start on "black doggie".

Fantastic as usual, how many hours do you paint a day ?
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg