Milosh's Pin-Ups and Hot Chicks WIP log - Page 38
Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Milosh's Pin-Ups and Hot Chicks WIP log

Blog Entries

thanks WGS, A.J it was awesome seeing you in Dallas and I think you are well on your way to some great painting from what I saw.

A little update on this girl.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Looking really good sir ! Like the worn denim look to the shorts
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Are you going to do some scrollwork on the boots?

I think he is. I can see the very faint beginnings of it on the red. Also, I just spilled my tea because the Freudian part of my brain read that as boobs, instead of boots ~sigh~ I'm such a dork sometimes.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Thanks mike! This girl is looking awesome, but that's no surprise!
    By the way, where do you get your plinths from or do you make your own?
    Currently accepting small commissions
    Now on GTalk: Exiledminiatures@gmail.com
    I tweet daily! https://twitter.com/ExiledMiniature

Blog Entries

Thanks for checking in on this girl. Alex, I am doing a little pattern on her boots to look more Texan, she is going to be called "Friday night in Texas". A.J (William T.) I get the plinths here in Tulsa from the Hussar hobby shop, he has a huge selection of bases, most of the figures you saw at the Lone star show were on bases from him. Send him an email and he can hook you up. mike@thehussar.com

On to the business. I got my hands on the scale75 flesh set and decided to test it out last night on one of the figures I bought for $10 a couple of years ago. She is a very nice fig from Pegaso and was a steal for $10. I really like these paints, they are super matte and blend very well. I think I like them better than Jo Sonja, which is odd for me to say because I love Jo Sonja paints for the very same reasons.

BTW, the sloppy assembly is how she came

Looks like a good selection of skin tones there mate. My gw are starting to dry up so may well get some of these.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Wow. I've somehow missed this thread until now. (I am quite sad to say.) Great work, and very interesting choice of models.

Blog Entries

They are pretty nice Andy, I have noticed the get a little chalky when super thin (I don't like that). Good to see you Rev, hope you keep liking my girls (I've got tons more in the works)

More work.

Looking really good. What are you using for the black? I really like how you've done that

Good start on this one and the skin on the Texan is some of the smoothest i have seen from you.

Blog Entries

thanks bailey, it is my usual Jo Sonja paints, carbon black base with highlites of storm blue and some basic flesh tone mixed in for the highest highlite. KB, good to see you sir. These girls are all test pieces for trying out new stuff on I picked up from my Greek friends. I think I am finally starting to figure out some things they told me. Now if I could just get as good as bailey at whites.

Thanks for the info Mike! The new girls are looking great!

Hopefully I get to see them at Reapercon. I'm moving further south the week before so it's going to be an intense month to get ready!
    Currently accepting small commissions
    Now on GTalk: Exiledminiatures@gmail.com
    I tweet daily! https://twitter.com/ExiledMiniature

The german girl is looking very good and like the direction you've gone with the leather

Blog Entries

I can't make it to reaper this year but it is on my list to attend. Thanks WGS, it's always fun to try new things.

Started on the new Marilyn figure from Andrea. On Friday I paid a visit to a giant Marilyn sculpture to compare scales.

Nice rendition of a classic Marilyn pose, always a pleasure to see your next piece of work

Blog Entries

Thanks WGS, she is a great sculpture. I worked a little more on her whites and started on the new Nocturna girl.

Oh neat, is that the new Nocturna girl? That's going to be a fun one to work on. I'm not sure if you noticed this, but the lower eyelid on her right side is a slightly bigger than the other one. I know it's minor but it just looks off. Maybe take the cheek highlight up a bit and slim down that shadow area.

Other than that, looks good. I'm glad you kept the purple hair from the box art. Very cool.

Blog Entries

I noticed that too with the blown up pictures. I love that purple hair from the boxart and didn't think it could get better than Jesus' rendition. I'll bring that highlite up and see if it helps, thanks for the input sir.

The whites are looking a lot smoother now. I really struggle to paint white convincingly so it's nice to see it done well.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG