Did you pledge for Rivet Wars & Knights of Cadwallon? :D

Thread: Did you pledge for Rivet Wars & Knights of Cadwallon? :D

Default Did you pledge for Rivet Wars & Guilds of Cadwallon? :D

Just wondering:

1. Why people were not thinking Rivet Wars would be a success during the KS in the comments section...?

2. Why Guilds of Cadwallon has only *1* thread going as compared to Rivet Wars (let alone Zombicide o_O)..?

3. If anyone here pledged into Guilds of Cadwallon as well?

4. If you did, would you like to trade for some rivet wars stuff ie. You get GoC.. play it until september and dont lose or break things. Then I trade you for Rivet Wars stuff I get delivered all for your gently use or 2nd copy of Guilds of Cadwallon with KS addons included...
    Keep in mind.. I will have extra heroes from 2xblitz
    ...I just really want Guilds of Cadwallon with the game board....

But 1-3 are serious questions. Why did so many people think rivet wars would fail..? It's like an uber abbadon.
    Last edited by KNIGHTSHADE; 02-20-2013 at 02:12 AM.
    Rando Commando

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHTSHADE View Post
    1. Why people were not thinking Rivet Wars would be a success during the KS in the comments section...?
    For some unfathomable reason the comments section got a bit crazy and the atmosphere there rather toxic which then tends to drive out moderate voices leaving a higher concentration of "extremists". Furthermore, I think that the higher sweetspot level ($150 compared to $100 for Sedition Wars and Zombicide) really needed quite a few pledge goals to be met to become a crazy good deal which has become the thing that people expect from high profile minis Kickstarters these days.

All in all I feel that the "culture" around Kickstarter has evolved a bit too fast for its own good and I expect things to settle down a bit this year.

2. Why Guilds of Cadwallon has only *1* thread going as compared to Rivet Wars (let alone Zombicide o_O)..?
    I believe that's due to GoC being "just" a normal boardgame as opposed to being a bit of a hobby like Rivet Wars or Sedition Wars are/will be.

3. If anyone here pledged into Guilds of Cadwallon as well?
    I did go for the basic version.

Rando,
    My opinion.
    no idea on 2 and 3 since I was not backing Guilds of Cadwallon

1 - i) Rivet War is noticeably more expensive as Lemminkäinen mentioned (also many add-on purchase in early weeks on top of the $150.)
    ii) Some of the days are lack of stretch goals that really hope for after feeling really excited
    iii) 1 day that "cry" of fans are "peak" that seeing considerable drop in backers and amount ( I think kicktraq recorded 13 backers only while usual trend to at least 20++ daily)
    (If i remember correctly the cry is about frustration of no stretch goals ahead, no airplane after suggested many times, no clarification expansion vs base game units etc)
    iv) Things get better with the goals resumed, less add on purchase but fun goals like damage counter, stand etc and red baron announced
    iv) However On second final day, I can also feel a louder "cry" as the "J" final push of the graph really catch up but I remember Cmon have to attend some important function. ( lack of stretch goals and leaving many unattended)
    v) On last day, the "cry" continue especially with the last 32K without any goals announced (~3 hours) and no moderator in comment section for a long while. (Many do not slept just to share the "excitements" in comment, I was excited on the closing day as well and join the crowd)

Probably the most exciting airplane expansion announced only after the heavy metal, and get enough interesting stretch goals as "emergency backup" like more waterslide etc will helps
    Last edited by Muttala; 02-20-2013 at 09:21 AM.

Yeah.. totally. I thought I was the only one that believed it was getting toxic in the rivet wars comments.

And that totally makes sense about the convention that last weekend. It just seemed like quite a few backers only got in on it just to naysay it for the first 3 weeks and then just mysteriously dropped... from what others said, it was the most disputed cmon KS, I just don't understand why. Blitz backers got a lot of stuff. I hope KS does cool down a bit like you said... there should have been more comradery.

I still want Guilds of Cadwallon!!! And I need the KS exclusives, I'm pissed I didn't even know about KS until the day after GoC ended... grrrr I have "plans" for that game.
    Rando Commando

I thought there were way to any people trolling the comments. And I never posted for the longest time. And for people that were complaining about people not backing, they them selfs where blocking those backers. I never replayed to stuff they said because I expected them to reply like a mad 12 year old and not get anywhere.
    I think the game is going to be awesome. I think it's such a refreshing design that its not relistic.

Agreed,
    However, is just understandable anyway.
    sometimes people feel really excited with the units design and game
    Together with the powerful "J" final push and massive crowd effect, it over-multiplied the excitement to less Ideal "toxic" situation

Probably that's why many are not slept on the final day just to wait for the finishing line.
    (If we consider that alone, very loyal fans actually)
    Last edited by Muttala; 02-20-2013 at 08:41 PM.

And remember there was that crazy guy who kept talking about wanting a bridge??

Blog Entries

Definitely toxic on the comments.
    I think the update frenzy of kingdom death had a big influence as Rivet Wars appeared directly afterwards.

I didn't even know about Rivet Wars until almost the end of the Kickstarter so I missed a lot of what you are all talking about.

Having said that I know for a fact that this is a fun, challenging game having played it at TempleCon. All those people that may have thought it would fail and even those that might still think it will I say this - "Hell no."

The thread in GoC is the one I started just to try and find the game. We also played this at TempleCon and, while not as cool as Rivet Wars, it will be one of those games that we can pick up, set up and play quick when we don't have hours for an involved game. A lot like Zombie Dice in that respect - pick up and play.

Default bridge... :P

Yeah.. that damn Rando Commando and his bridge ignore my sig ... thanks @binary :P

YAY! So I got in the Guilds of Cadwallon Kickstarter! Woot!!! 2xGame and 1x A&B sets of tokens/figs and 1x game board and box. (I wanted 4 total sets of figures.. but figured 18 each will be plenty for what I will be using them for). I'm excited!

I am going to start a thread in the GoC section to anyone interested... it will be basically end up just being everything Cadwallon (since I LOVE the theme, art, & simple gameplay)

My purpose for GoC will be to mutate all the Cadwallon games. They seem very uniform and streamlined, even crossing over same stat incriments, and others that have no purpose... well.. I will find them one. I might possibly attemp to incorporate sky traders as well (mainly the board, rules, and cards) This will all be for a campaign type game, not full on RPG, and many components will be crossed over or basically become communual (hence so many GoC tokens bought). I have Arcana bought (miniature market has clearanced fyi) so we will see how all 4 games and the one expansion fare in the melting pot..

Anywho... i am going to put my ideas up in the GoC section tonight if any of y'all want to check it out.
    Rando Commando

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHTSHADE View Post
    Yeah.. that damn Rando Commando and his bridge ignore my sig ... thanks @binary :P
    LOL, remind me on "John Drink Water vs Randy" on the bridge in early KS weeks. kind of missed John here.

Quote Originally Posted by Muttala View Post
    LOL, remind me on "John Drink Water vs Randy" on the bridge in early KS weeks. kind of missed John here.
    >.>
    <.<