Experimental Tanks Article

Thread: Experimental Tanks Article

Default Experimental Tanks Article

A fun article to see some outlandish tank designs.

http://io9.com/5987519/the-most-biza...-a-battlefield

Thanks, That's fun... a lot of out of box thinking.

But I really wonder if tank wings can "fly" and can perform a specific, good role with the "mix" design

Wow, flying tank. Doesn't seem like a great idea. Usually those combo things never work out that well. Like the swimming tanks. They're not really good boats and not really good tanks. But in Rivet Wars they could be Thanks for sharing the article.

I think they are more like for convenience i.e. landing / crossing river purpose, normally just one or two unit but very useful to close some gap in difficult terrain.

But, it will be exciting to see one Amphibious vehicle in coming Rivet War to accomplished some specific role.

It would be interesting to add water as an obstacle and then special units that can cross it. Bridges and such always make fun bottle necks and places for battles. I've always found bridge laying tanks really fascinating as well as pontoon bridges. I think the Russians and other nations even had snorkels they could attach to their tanks to let them roll right through a river although it was very dangerous for the tank and crew if the current threw them off course.

I think I smell some great ideas for rivetwars 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Terranova View Post
    It would be interesting to add water as an obstacle and then special units that can cross it. Bridges and such always make fun bottle necks and places for battles. I've always found bridge laying tanks really fascinating as well as pontoon bridges. I think the Russians and other nations even had snorkels they could attach to their tanks to let them roll right through a river although it was very dangerous for the tank and crew if the current threw them off course.
    Amphibious walkers!? Something like a cross between the BOSS and a bioshock big daddy!?!? If you made Chibi 'Big Daddy'-esque figures, it may well be the equivalent of dividing by zero on my wallet.