Eldar/Dark Eldar Colour Combo

Thread: Eldar/Dark Eldar Colour Combo

Default Eldar/Dark Eldar Colour Combo

Hi all,
    Am starting to work on 2 seperate forces of Eldar, one dark one vanilla, and would like the 2 forces to be able to be combined as allies for bigger games. Both forces will focus on mobility with all troops in transports or being jump infantry. Eldar force will be themed around Jain Zar leading a small force and the dark eldar will be themed around the wych cults so lots of wyches in venoms supported by beastmasters and scourges.
    Now here is the problem, I want both armys to have a common ground in he paint scheme. Recently watched a show called Ergo Proxy and really like the muted colour schemes with lots of neutral colours
    Name:  123.jpg
Views: 1647
Size:  17.8 KBName:  234.jpg
Views: 1828
Size:  15.6 KBName:  animepaper.net_wallpaper_standard_anime_ergo_proxy_ergo_proxy_108276_anbuu_preview-56f5dbd7.jpg
Views: 1878
Size:  105.1 KB
    Here are a few images i just dragged up from a google search to give you a idea of the style.
    Now Eldar are easy enough to do in this scheme, im thinking using the brown/grey/green from the first image for the main areas on the Eldar and the black/blue/turquoise from the second image for the dark eldar. Do you think that The Orange from the 3rd pic would work as the tie in colour for both forces?
    I never normally plan things out like this before i start but am trying to take a more structured approach to help me in my painting and keeping a shedule.
    Any input and advice would be greatly appreciated.

SPG

Quote Originally Posted by secretpaintgeek View Post
    Hi all,
    Am starting to work on 2 seperate forces of Eldar, one dark one vanilla, and would like the 2 forces to be able to be combined as allies for bigger games. Both forces will focus on mobility with all troops in transports or being jump infantry. Eldar force will be themed around Jain Zar leading a small force and the dark eldar will be themed around the wych cults so lots of wyches in venoms supported by beastmasters and scourges.
    Now here is the problem, I want both armys to have a common ground in he paint scheme. Recently watched a show called Ergo Proxy and really like the muted colour schemes with lots of neutral colours
Size:  17.8 KBName:  234.jpg
Views: 1828
Size:  15.6 KBName:  animepaper.net_wallpaper_standard_anime_ergo_proxy_ergo_proxy_108276_anbuu_preview-56f5dbd7.jpg
Views: 1878
Size:  105.1 KB
    Here are a few images i just dragged up from a google search to give you a idea of the style.
    Now Eldar are easy enough to do in this scheme, im thinking using the brown/grey/green from the first image for the main areas on the Eldar and the black/blue/turquoise from the second image for the dark eldar. Do you think that The Orange from the 3rd pic would work as the tie in colour for both forces?
    I never normally plan things out like this before i start but am trying to take a more structured approach to help me in my painting and keeping a shedule.
    Any input and advice would be greatly appreciated.

SPG
    Nice idea.

I would do a muted black/grey/blue on most of both the dark and crafworld eldar. Add Orange details on the dark eldar and Turquise details on the crafworld eldar.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

I like that! Keeps it uniform and still keeps the division. Maybe push the colour saturation higher on the dark eldar and keep it muted for the craftworld fellas?

Yeah that would look good
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Quote Originally Posted by secretpaintgeek
    Now Eldar are easy enough to do in this scheme, im thinking using the brown/grey/green from the first image

Size:  17.8 KB
    Where do you see green?

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi
    I would do a muted black/grey/blue on most of both the dark and crafworld eldar. Add Orange details on the dark eldar and Turquise details on the crafworld eldar.
    I like that idea

Einion

[QUOTE=Einion;690156]Where do you see green?

My bad that pic isnt the best example, Forget that you have not all watched the show. A lot of the time the greys drift into the green grey. Not the best pic to demonstrate it, oops

Liking the concept of the colour schemes.

(Damnit another Anime to add to the list I can't watch when Fran's home. She can't stand anime worse luck!)
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

The orange and turquoise could be carried across both forces as simple osl on waystones, eye lenses and weapons. It would keep everything very dark and muted and be set of spot colours you could control the saturation on to force the mood of each squad.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Cheers fellas.
    I'll get going on it over the weekend and see if i can borrow a camera to get ome wips up.

Dragonsreach: Ergo proxy was a pretty good one, make an excuse to send fran out!