Need a Sculptor for my Badass Bunnies!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a Sculptor for my Badass Bunnies!!

Default Need a Sculptor for my Badass Bunnies!!

Hello,
    My name is Jaime and I'm creating a tabletop board game featuring Miniatures of these Cute but Violent Cartoon Bunnies!
    I won't tell you the name of the game...YET because I wanna keep it a surprise lol But trust me, its wicked cool!

First things first however,
    I have to get these bunnies sculpted!

Name:  kl.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  19.6 KB

to the Scupltors:
    I know there are some issue with these pieces of concept art. If you need a particular piece to be drawn differently to make it easier to mold that would be no problem for me. My main concern is capturing the facial expressions and fuzziness of these bunnies.

I'm new in the Miniature World. That's why I decided to join this forum to ask all you for help.
    Please Help me make this Game!!
    - Jaime
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Any names of companies or freelance sculptors would be helpful...

Thanx Guys
    -Jaime

I'd be happy to help you out. What size range would these models be in?

Name:  ww4final4.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  34.8 KB
    Name:  ww32crop.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  57.1 KB

You can see more of my work here, if you're interested.
    Revelen Miniatures - Gallery
    Last edited by Revelen; 03-26-2013 at 06:29 PM.

I am available for commission sculpts :-) I also have some experience sculpting minis for casting.

Here are some of my sculpts from the past year:

Robbie Rabbit (from the Silent Hill video games):

Evil Clown:

Twilight Giraffe:

PM me if you'd like to discuss more :-)

You can also find plenty of great sculptors at:

http://minisculpture.co.uk/index.php
    Quote Originally Posted by A Luna View Post
    Consider yourself quoted!

Wow Thank you both for your responses!! I'll be looking into your proposals very carefully.

Also the size range is 28mm-33mm

Thank you both again
    -Jaime

Of course!

Loooking forward to hearing from you,
    -Zack

Is using wax the best choice for a sculpture if I want it recasted? I see alot of miniatures that are Green and I'm assuming they're using a different material.

Also someone gave me a quote upfront, Is $300 per sculpture too much or too little?

Green Stuff (kneadatite blue/yellow) is the standard for master sculpts for casting. It works well for detail, and to make molds from, but it isn't overly durable in and of itself.

$10 per mm of height is the oft-quoted going rate, so yes, about $300 a model. However, many, perhaps even most freelance sculptors will work for less than that. That's what you would expect Forge World or someone to pay.

My own rates are far less for most models, though I do come close for the most extravagant of sculpts. Based on the images you provided (they look quite stylized and relatively simple), my rate for each killer bunny would be:
    $63 at 28mm
    $68 at 30mm
    $72 at 32mm

But I'm at the very low end of the price range, for three reasons. I'm new, and thus have no established name; I sculpt mainly for enjoyment, and as a sideline to my other jobs; I can't imagine paying $300 for a 28mm sculpt, so even were I the most in demand sculptor around, I'd still be reluctant to charge that much.

Anyway, I hope that's helpful. And to make my answer very clear about the original quetsion, $300 is probably the average quote you're going to get from full-time sculptors. They need to make a living at it!

Best, and good luck,
    -Zack

Oh, if you'd like to play around with pricing options on my site, you can find the tool to do so here, and a pricing reference here.

Thanx Zack,
    Really appreciate your comments. And WOW those prices are great!! However I'm still "shopping" sculptors and analyzing every aspect of a potential business deal.
    Although I have money to spend on this project I have to plan every penny wisely. I will keep you informed through PM but just wanted to publicly say thank you
    for your interest and your insightful comments!
    -Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by Revelen View Post
    I can't imagine paying $300 for a 28mm sculpt, so even were I the most in demand sculptor around, I'd still be reluctant to charge that much.
    Don't sell yourself too short mate :-)

Remember that when sculpting for a commercial project, the price is accounting for the fact that the sculptor is giving up the right to any future royalties from profits made from the work. This price generally includes full reproduction rights.

[Edit] Imagine if Thomas David were to sell his sculpts to Kingdom Death for $72 only for them to generate $100's (or maybe >$1000?!) in profit!

Hope that helps. Jaime - will send you a PM!
    Last edited by moonmin82; 03-27-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Thanx Sergey!
    Theres about hmmmm 50-60 more in development lolol Wait till you see the Zombies BwaahahaHAHA <-evil laugh ...Stay Tuned!

OO and they're NOT rabbits!!! lololol They're Bunnies!!! haha

-Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by moonmin82 View Post
    [Edit] Imagine if Thomas David were to sell his sculpts to Kingdom Death for $72 only for them to generate $100's (or maybe >$1000?!) in profit!
    Ah, but we, sadly, are not Thomas David!

Also, Zombies too?? What kind of game is this? I must admit, my interest is piqued...

Quote Originally Posted by Revelen View Post
    Ah, but we, sadly, are not Thomas David!
    Very true. What I mean to say is that if you are part of a commercial venture you expect to receive suitable payment. You'd only be disappointed if a project takes off financially and you've sold yourself short.

Looks like a real fun project anyway! Any thoughts regarding a website or Facebook page during development?

Yes indeed! If you're not still investing in secrecy, I think we're all officially dying to know what this killer-bunny and zombie game is about...

Default Zombie Bunnies

Hummm... Zombie Bunnies, now that's some minis I'd like to see!! Haha!

Zombie bunnies! They are on my HIT list!

Lol Wow I love everyone's Enthusiasm!
    I guess the cats out of the bag now....The game is Called Bunnies vs Zombies and it is exactly what it sounds like lol. Here's the Prototype Logo
    Name:  proto.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  21.9 KB
    Its a tabletop board game featuring over the top cartoon Bunny miniatures facing off against grotesque Zombie invaders. There will be 3 classes of Bunnies and 5 classes of Zombies. Not only is the concept unique but the art style is really going to be Outrageous!! I will be posting more specifics of the game at a later date but just know that the many elements of games you already love ( i.e. zombicide, super dugeon explore) have made it into this project along with some radically original gameplay options!!

I just know you all are going to love it! Working very hard to get everything ready!

The Website is almost done...been working on it for about a month
    Facebook is already up but not really fleshed out.... just search for Jay LaGrono and friend me
    Kickstarter target date is June 2...my birthday....Lots of work until then!

O and Yes....Bunnies Will be able to turn into Zombies by a class of Zombies called "Corpsers" Here's a sneak peak of the concept artName:  bvz-zombie.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  15.5 KB

Stay tooned!