Milosh's everything else WIP log - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Milosh's everything else WIP log

Yeah, and I really like the variations you've got in the blacks. Very nice!

However, one thing that's bugging me a bit is the facial hair. I'm not sure if you're still working on it but the top of the mustache on the left seems to end early. Also the connection between the mustache and the beard on the right seems very abrupt. I'd start bringing it up earlier, like you did on the left side. On the right it's almost vertical in order to meet the mustache.

Actually, if you're trying to match the actor his facial hair has a bit of a gap between the mustache and beard. Of course if you're painting the character and not the actor then you can take whatever interpretation you want.
    Name:  got_jonsnow_main.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  71.8 KB

Oh, and had you thought about adding snow stuck to his cloak?

Blog Entries

Thanks Bailey very good pics and thoughts, I'm still messing with the beard and I do intend to add snow. I don't think it would be complete without some snow on him. Thanks again for the very valuable input sir.

In the spirit of not completing anything, I started on this new bust.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Just saw this on your facebook page, awesome freehand mate
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

His head!? What happened to his head?! Too many times dropped as a baby?!
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Blog Entries

Thanks WGS, still sounds weird to hear "your facebook page". The shield probably isn't very historically accurate but who's counting. Thank you again sir.

Whatever, I'm pretty sure there was an order of the MLP...pretty sure.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  20.7 KB
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Old pic Zab she's got wings now being a princess and all I know these things I have to watch it every day no choice having 6 year old daughter addicted to mlp.

Mighty fine work there mike flesh tones especially on the nose are excellent as ever!
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

May noy be very historical but looks great ! Your doing a lot better on your facebook page than I am so going well

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Old pic Zab she's got wings now being a princess and all I know these things I have to watch it every day no choice having 6 year old daughter addicted to mlp.
    What?! When? That's weird last one i saw it was only Twilight Sparkle who got her wings! I mean um, something manly and tough and stuff. Grrrrrrr!

Oops you quite right I only saw the horn and thought oh yeah twighlite sparkle but oops it's verity my bad guess I'm not as much of a Brony as you are er yeah erm rugby football wrestling manly stuff
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Very nicely done on the uniform freehand. And I love how you've painted the eyes looking to the extreme left. Really adds to the expression on the face.

Blog Entries

downloaded Chrome as my browser and it works much better than explorer. I could barely post pictures and typing was a nightmare that took forever. It would miss every other letter it seemed.

here is a new work that you may have seen on my facebook page.

Attached Images Attached Images    

looking good sir, wondered why you hadn't been posting on here only facebook. Now I know

Lovely. Ironically its the opposite with WAMP. It hates everything but IE o_O

Owww pretty fleur-de-lis thingy! great PJ on the viking looking dude against the back wall. Snow is looking great, look forward to seeing him a bit dirty too.

Blog Entries

Thanks guys. I don't know why it took me so long to figure out CMON hated IE. Hopefully I can get back to posting some pics on here now.

Canny; he's getting the dirt and grime tonight.

Looks good, and I'm glad to see you're posting here again!

You've got a really nice skin mix. Mine always seems to end up as pale, looking more northern European than anything else. I will have to poke back to this for reference next time I start a male figure.

Quick question, I see there's like a line at the top of his head and, in the side view, around his eyes. Are you trying to do a dirty/clean thing where his helmet and goggles would normally be? If so I like the idea, but you might make it get just a little bit darker right up at the transition point. It reads well from the side, but the front view it kind of gets lost with the highlights on the cheek. Then again, when I look at some reference images from the movie, the effect is about as subtle as it is on the actual actor... so perhaps you should just leave it as is. Up to you!

Welcome back! The Fury bust looks fantastic!
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by Milosh View Post

Canny; he's getting the dirt and grime tonight.
    SHot! Got my twilight knight preped got a mountain of stuff to do so I will get a start on her soon. . . ish.

Milosh, where have you been buddy?
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17