Airbrush Help

Thread: Airbrush Help

Default Airbrush Help

Hello everyone, I've been a long time lurker here at CMON and I've recently was able to pick up my first airbrush. I managed to get a good deal on it but it is missing its paint cup. The airbrush is a Olympos HP-101 and I've been digging through the net as best as I can and I haven't been able to find anyone who sells the HP-8 Paint Cup. Does anyone know of a site that sells the Correct paint cup or even one that will be compatible with they airbrush?
    Edit: Removed the pictures.

So I ordered the paint cup direct from that little store in Japan and I have to say I was expecting a 3-4 week wait time for it to arrive. It actually arrived within a week of ordering, so if you order from there expect a speedy delivery. Again thank you all for the assistance in trying to find a viable paint cup.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Thilix; 04-05-2013 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Added pictures of Airbrush

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

my google foo is weak today. Hit a few of my favorite airbrush dealers and none carry Olympos.
    My Favorites
    I'm at and falling.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

Japanese supplier in case it's of any help:
    Type 1 - http://olympos-airbrush.ocnk.net/product/702
    Type 2 - http://olympos-airbrush.ocnk.net/product/283

Man parts for metal ABs are pricey.

Einion

Quote Originally Posted by Einion View Post
    Japanese supplier in case it's of any help:
    Type 1 - http://olympos-airbrush.ocnk.net/product/702
    Type 2 - http://olympos-airbrush.ocnk.net/product/283

Man parts for metal ABs are pricey.

Einion
    Yeah, I ended up finding that page after a while of searching. And I think some of the expense is that Olympos closed down or downsized and this is like the only shop that exists that has it. Thank you for searching as well.
    If you don't like bad news, you should get out of the leadership business. Your job is to hear as much bad news as there is out there and to figure out ways of dealing with it. -Unknown

Welcome.

If it's a help at all, if you could find a cheaper colour cup from an easier-to-use supplier in the US, where the connection is small enough that you're sure it'll fit your HP-101, you can definitely make an airtight mate with the body using various types of silicone and probably also using one of the thermoforming plastics like Polymorph, Oyumaru, Utile Plast, Instant Mold etc.

Einion

I actually do have one provider I contacted who asked for pictures to see if there was anything he could recommend. Chances are I'll end up taking the one I ordered from the Olympos site to a local machine shop and see if they can duplicate it at least, if not I'll find a way to rig it up because I really don't want to have to buy more then one of these things from over seas.
    If you don't like bad news, you should get out of the leadership business. Your job is to hear as much bad news as there is out there and to figure out ways of dealing with it. -Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Thilix View Post
    I actually do have one provider I contacted who asked for pictures to see if there was anything he could recommend. Chances are I'll end up taking the one I ordered from the Olympos site to a local machine shop and see if they can duplicate it at least, if not I'll find a way to rig it up because I really don't want to have to buy more then one of these things from over seas.
    Late answer, but I just joined the forum.
    Grex side cups work fine with Olympos, since the Genesis series is based on the Olympos design.