New Zombicide app...

Thread: New Zombicide app...

Default New Zombicide app...

I was bored on a airplane so I decided to write a application to help manage my zombicide games. Right now this is a early version that will select a random team of survivors from a selected list (you can filter the list by what series the survivor comes from), view the survivors card (they don't have the graphic for the survivor yet),and either edit existing survivors or create you own. I used:
    Daniel'sskillbalancer: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Gc&usp=sharing
    Sharkey'sfull list ofskills: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1
    in making this application so I wanted to give credit where credit is due. Like I said before it is a early version (about 3 -4 hours of work), but if people like it or are interested in seeing more things add (like deck management, custom decks with custom cards, etc..) let me know.

PS
    This is for windows
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by NMorgan; 03-31-2013 at 08:27 AM.

call me crazy.. but I downloaded and ran it... without thinking.

well, I tried to run it. it doesn't work. not a vaild win32 program...

It is a WPF app, I must have forgotten to pack in a dll (both of my dev machines ran it without a problem). Here are some screen shots so at least you can get a idea of what it looks like.
    Name:  randomSelectScreen.jpg
Views: 6947
Size:  85.8 KB
    Party randomizer screen, You can filter the list by Survivor type and select which survivors in the series to choose from

Name:  viewerScreen.jpg
Views: 8753
Size:  328.7 KB
    Survivor card view, View cards for all the survivors that have been loaded, I have not loaded any portraits yet so they don't show
    Name:  customCreateScreen.jpg
Views: 12233
Size:  396.3 KB
    Custom Survivor Creator, Build a custom survivor by selecting their skills from the drop down menus. If you hover over the skill list on the left you get a pop up explaining the skills. It also computes the total cost of your skills using the values from Daniel's skill balancer. You can load a custom image that will be used as the survivors portrait, and save the png file out.

I am thinking of switching to Unity so it will look much better and I will be able to deploy to android.

Quote Originally Posted by lingster View Post
    call me crazy.. but I downloaded and ran it... without thinking.

well, I tried to run it. it doesn't work. not a vaild win32 program...
    I went ahead and downloaded and ran it on some other machines around the office, and it ran fine. What edition of windows are you running? I think I left it set to target .Net 4.5 and if you don't have windows 8, you may not have it installed.

Now that's pretty cool! Great share!

I think this App is pretty cool, but could you make it so that it runs on older computers? Not all of us are using Windows 8 and I'm hesitant to install a new version of .NET Framework just for this one app.

Quote Originally Posted by donnbobhardy View Post
    I think this App is pretty cool, but could you make it so that it runs on older computers? Not all of us are using Windows 8 and I'm hesitant to install a new version of .NET Framework just for this one app.
    I am currently working on making some changes but when I finish those I will rebuild it targeting .net 3.5. If I take it to a final release I will build a installer that packs all the stuff you need to run it so no one will have a problem.

Some of us don't like the .NET framework... bad enough to deal with the java framework....

Any chance for a version of this app for Apple?

When I load the image onto the card I get a blue boarder. Is there a way to get rid of that before I save the file?
    Sky

I noticed it doesn't have all of the skills, and I only see the survivors from season 1 and season 1 kickstarter. do I need to download a file to get the other survivors?
    James Freeman