Starting a new army!

Thread: Starting a new army!

Default Starting a new army!

Heya,

I'm plan on getting back into 40k, the gaming side of it that is. Now I don't know anyone near me that is doing the same, or even that games for that matter, so I thought I'd ask on the forums I visit the most.

Would anyone like to accompany me in building and painting up a small 40k force? The way I thought we could do it, is to follow the force organization chart over two months.

So we could do the first month in the following format;

Week One: Build and paint a head quarter choice
    Week Two: Build and paint one troop choice
    Week Three: Build and paint your second troop choice
    Week Four: Build and paint an elite Choice

Then we could do month two where we go by the following;

Week One: Build and paint a heavy support choice
    Week Two: Build and paint a fast attack choice
    Week Three and Four: Add one more choice of your choosing to your army to build and paint.

I'm going to be doing this anyway, but if anyone would like to tag along for the ride and join in then the more the merrier!

Regards,
    Axel.
    " This site is cake, the scoring is icing. Scrape it off if you don't like it, the cake is still delicious!! " - Supervike

My Website - http://www.miniature-studio.com/

I'm in. I've just purchased a metric crap ton of pre-heresy off forge world to start up a Death Guard army set in the years leading up to Istvaan. I currently don't have any fast attack or heavy support models, but I can always substitute in some more troops or that rather large tomb stalker I couldn't resist.
    Painting it alongside you would give a good bit of motivation, as the only person I game with lives at the other end of the country,so it's not often that I have anyone to discuss the painting side of things with.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbie View Post
    I'm in. I've just purchased a metric crap ton of pre-heresy off forge world to start up a Death Guard army set in the years leading up to Istvaan. I currently don't have any fast attack or heavy support models, but I can always substitute in some more troops or that rather large tomb stalker I couldn't resist.
    Painting it alongside you would give a good bit of motivation, as the only person I game with lives at the other end of the country,so it's not often that I have anyone to discuss the painting side of things with.
    Good stuff! I'll PM you so that we can set up a start date etc ;p
    " This site is cake, the scoring is icing. Scrape it off if you don't like it, the cake is still delicious!! " - Supervike

Sounds like a great idea. But a week to paint an army entry is just too little time for me. Two weeks per entry and i might be in. And if the entry type wasnt so rigid in the given weeks.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Despite my lavish plans/ideas, i would struggle at a figure a week, sorry

Great idea! I managed to get my hands on an ork army a while ago, and it's about time I slapped some paint on it. Let me know when you're thinking of kicking it off and I'll get a wip sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by flotsamandjetsam View Post
    Great idea! I managed to get my hands on an ork army a while ago, and it's about time I slapped some paint on it. Let me know when you're thinking of kicking it off and I'll get a wip sorted out.
    Sadly we have already started. We're a little over have way into week one: The HQ. SO if you do join us, wel... tank through that warboss ^^

Quote Originally Posted by flotsamandjetsam View Post
    Heya man,

Your more than welcome to join us, as Morbie pointed out though we are coming to the end of week one now - so you would need to get a fair bit done to your Warboss over the weekend! Alternatively you could join in from week 2 which would be fine and then just get the boss pictures posted up at the end of week 2 along with the first troop choice.

If you do want to join in send me a PM and I'll PM you back with further details.

All the best and happy painting!