Article: Simple (and healthy) Trees Made from Grape Stems

Thread: Article: Simple (and healthy) Trees Made from Grape Stems

Newbie, please be gentle Borikk's Avatar

Default Article: Simple (and healthy) Trees Made from Grape Stems

Enjoyed the article; thanks for sharing!
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Thank you, PegaZus, I appreciate your time and kinds words.

Borikk
    Last edited by 2MySunShine; 04-19-2013 at 07:42 PM. Reason: I was helping my friend 2MySunShine with her avatar. We followed the rules and voted and left a comment. However, We were usi

Doeas the varnish preserve the stems over long term or would to have to use something else for long term use? Thanx for the post.

Newbie, please be gentle Borikk's Avatar

Hello, freightdog5126. I have been using this process for some years now, maybe 7 years. I have a number of minis with these trees. I have not noticed any decay or fading. I do multiple layers of the varnish, letting each layer dry thoroughly before brushing on the next. I have also tried painting the tree but I think the varnish gives a more natural look. I have been using a gloss varnish, (it has just dawned on me to try a satin or matte). There is a nice thread on the Forums about varnishes titled “Protecting finished minis with gloss and matte varnish together.” Thanks for reading.