Thread: Blight Fighter: Work in Progress

Default Blight Fighter: Work in Progress

I'm working on some of the air units now. I need to get them done for an amazing display that CMoN is putting together for the CMoN Expo. It's going to be a giant battlefield with ground and air forces. I don't want to give too much away Hope to see some of you at the show if you can make it.

Name:  blight_fighter.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  89.4 KB

Loving the direction these are going.

Is the ball-turret / canopy a "plug" or can you not upgrade aircraft?

Nice art - seems like very heavy guy, the front wheel not noticeable in my eyes, do it have one?

I like the design a lot, at least for me the move away from the triplane look makes them more imposing - the level of detail is amazing.

I was never too sure how upgrading aircraft was likely to work even from the original artwork. The Baron and Rene Funck have a more standard WW1 design that I can see the alternative for the plug, however the ball canopy seems to go against this, with the all in one design

So are the extra heroes just that, alternative heroes for Rene and the Baron and therefore to use them all you need to order extra models?

Hi guys. Glad you're excited about the aircraft! I'm designing all the aircraft, if possible, with a system of "canopy" plugs. The canopy is like the hatches on the land based vehicles. This plug grants no bonus but makes the miniature look complete if the player doesn't want to deploy a plug/pilot into the aircraft. So all aircraft should accept plugs. There may be some plugs that won't fit but I am trying to make it as universal as possible. So this will allow you to easily customize your miniatures to create various combinations and variations.

I made a diagram to illustrate how this works.

Name:  blight_fighter_plug.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  134.3 KB

Very cool - I love the design, but I always get confused which end is the front

Ted - Fantastic model. It has just enough WW1, but is clearly fictional, and then has just the right amount of "Rivet Wars" for it to fit nicely.
    Than ks for the 2nd pic, showing an "existing" plug really gives a sense of scale to it.

Quote Originally Posted by binarysunrise View Post
    Very cool - I love the design, but I always get confused which end is the front
    I VERY much intend to add a cloud of (furniture stuffing) smoke to mine for this very reason.
    Plus it'll add to the whole industrial / "diesel punk" feel.
    I'll prob be doing this to all the models when I paint them.

Teach me not to cry wolf....should never have doubted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Terranova View Post
    I'm working on some of the air units now. I need to get them done for an amazing display that CMoN is putting together for the CMoN Expo. It's going to be a giant battlefield with ground and air forces. I don't want to give too much away Hope to see some of you at the show if you can make it.
    About that convention... Will there be any exclusivity for grabs?
    I am on the fence about attending it, I need a little something to tip me over =)

Ted, you do fantastic work! Each pic continutes to amaze me. September is inching closer and closer!