So what ya listening to now?

View Poll Results: What's in the headphones now?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pop

0 0%
  • Rock /Punk/ Alternative/ Grunge/ Industrial

11 52.38%
  • Hip Hp/ R&B/ Jazz/ Blues

0 0%
  • Classical/ Opera

1 4.76%
  • Ethnic (Traditional, things like Jpop belong in Pop..)

0 0%
  • Country/ Folk

0 0%
  • Music from a certain decade (60's/70's, etc..)

3 14.29%
  • Techno/ Electronic/ Dubstep

1 4.76%
  • Soundtrack/ Score

2 9.52%
  • Other

3 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what ya listening to now?

Default So what ya listening to now?

Even though I normally turn on Cooking or Travel channel while I'm painting with the advent of Mp3 players not sucking so much as they did 5 years ago, I find I can turn mine on and never listen to a same song on random/ repeat.
    Currently, I have an eclectic mix of female vocal symphonic rock (Nightwish, Within Temptation, After Forever), Steampunk (Abney Park), and also the downloaded podcasts from celebrity D&D (http://www.wizards.com/DnD/podcasts.aspx#). But I find the podcasts a bit distracting (although highly amusing) and mostly stick with my go-to bands.
    So, is there any genre that works to mellow you out while painting? Or can you even tune out that weird European Death Metal where the lead singer sounds like they gargled drain cleaner?

Good choice with Within Temptation and After Forever. You can also give a try to Theatre of Tragedy...

Deathklok, slayer, metallica, megadeath, and some moody chello classical to break it up.

Radio head, Leila Arab, Filthy Boy, Blur, AC/DC, The Stranglers, Death in Vegas to name but a few and for chuckles Derek and Clive who are absolutely amazing!
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

classical, brad paisley and some mystery themed soundtracks(mostly sherlock). i shuffle up and deal when it comes to music

Blog Entries

I can't hear anything over the wife's constant jibber jabber, so I quit listening to music while doing things years ago. This way, she can't accuse me of never listening to her!

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang

I find sound tracks inspire me more when painting. That said, I mostly listen to rocky stuff but have been blasted with an inordinate amount of pop-y stuff of late
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Doing soundtracks (getting stuck on the Disney ones >.< ) but also some other random bits of classical and two steps from hell too.

Quote Originally Posted by boubi View Post
    Good choice with Within Temptation and After Forever. You can also give a try to Theatre of Tragedy...
    Yeah, some of their stuff is good- Really like Liv's vocals on Cradle of Filth's "Nymphetamine" But with them it seems they can't stick with a genre.

Blog Entries

Cradle of Filth are absolutely awesome lyric writers. Stuart Anstis ex-guitarist with the band is buddies with a good friend of mine and doesnt live far away. I like metal, but at the moment when I am painting I have generally had films on or the History channel. My main loves are rock and metal, 80's to break it up and go back to childhood and stuff like Enya and Mozart to chill to. But I have wide tastes. They dont include (c)rap though....

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

Listening to Volbeat right now. I think this thread gets a new version by someone every year

Moe

Real Xs radio (manchester area only tho) they are pplaying Def leopard right now..
    Mike Sweeny in the morning is most fun on the drive in.

Generally Megadeth, john butler trio. RATM, Steve Vai. Led Zep, Beatles....on n on n on n on. etc etc

T

I'VE ADDED WEBCAM LESSONS NOW TOO!
    And a YOUTUBE channel
    Instagram and FaceBook too

Future World Music:
    A HERO WILL RISE
    REIGN OF VENGENCE

both very much like Two steps from Hell, plus Linkin Park, Abney Park(live DVD out soon), Nightwish, Within Temptation, Epica, Sara McLachlan, Alison Krauss, Lady Antebellum, Loreena McKennitt, Joe Cocker, Nickelback and anything else I can to drown out the Two moaning morons in our open plan office, so I can concentrate on building servers.

Painting is currently listening to Kathy Reichs audiobooks.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

I've got some opera/classical going on at the moment - re-running through Vivaldi's 4 seasons, Beethoven's 'Tempest' Piano Sonata No. 17, a few smatterings of Bach and Chopin, and good ole Lesley Garett currently belting out Les Filles Des Cadix. Marvellous stuff. Wish I could play the 'Tempest' piano sonata, it's a really nice piece.

enything by erik satie or chopin works well with studying, really soothing and mellow=)

I always start tears in heaven - Eric Clapton unplugged when painting

iPod's on shuffle when painting, so it's a toss up. Happy to see love for symphonic metal though. My fiance still regrets playing Epica for me. Just once was all it took. She doesn't like em (though she likes Delain and Within Temptation), but I adore Simone.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    I adore Simone.
    I wonder why? :innocent:
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    I wonder why? :innocent:
    Cause she's about 100 kinds of awesome? Haha
    I've seen her live once, and was quite devastated when I missed the chance to see her live a second time because I had to work ><
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.