So what ya listening to now? - Page 2

View Poll Results: What's in the headphones now?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pop

0 0%
  • Rock /Punk/ Alternative/ Grunge/ Industrial

11 52.38%
  • Hip Hp/ R&B/ Jazz/ Blues

0 0%
  • Classical/ Opera

1 4.76%
  • Ethnic (Traditional, things like Jpop belong in Pop..)

0 0%
  • Country/ Folk

0 0%
  • Music from a certain decade (60's/70's, etc..)

3 14.29%
  • Techno/ Electronic/ Dubstep

1 4.76%
  • Soundtrack/ Score

2 9.52%
  • Other

3 14.29%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what ya listening to now?

Avelorn - good to see Woodkid on your list. I've been really digging his music! I listen to too much stuff, from The Beatles, to Muse, to Kimbra, to Tchaikovsky... anything but modern pop and modern country.
    My Rank -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUcsz...1E403FE41FCAB1
    The Bad Lip Reading music videos are hilarious.. but the tunes are so damn catchy, too! (even though the lyrics sound like me on too much coffee).

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUcsz...1E403FE41FCAB1
    The Bad Lip Reading music videos are hilarious.. but the tunes are so damn catchy, too! (even though the lyrics sound like me on too much coffee).
    What's hilarious is the lip reading song you shared is better than the original songs LOL
    My Rank -

Why can I select only one option There is so much stuff I listen to, it's not possible to pick one genre or even a set of genre's.

Right now I'm listening to Plains of the Purple Buffalo by *shels; a Post-Rock band. Amazing stuff imo.
    My painting blog: The Way of the Painter

Quote Originally Posted by VeristicalBlaze View Post
    Why can I select only one option There is so much stuff I listen to, it's not possible to pick one genre or even a set of genre's.
    Yeah, when I set this up I knew that 10 wouldn't be enough. I've got so much stuff on my player if I put it on shuffle I can hear a goth band, followed by a song from the "Who framed rodger rabbit?" soundtrack... But I think it's truly weird when I'll have one song, followed by the song that is after it on the album.

right now it mostly industrial, Skinny Puppy/Ohgr, Einstürzende Neubauten, Front line assembly etc.

but yeah. i have a pretty large record collection with all kinds of music, mostly alternative/goth.
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

I'm listening to Queensryche Operation: Mindcrime which was released 25! years ago this month.

The music is still as topical as it was then. Probably IMHO, the best Hard Rock Album of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    I'm listening to Queensryche Operation: Mindcrime which was released 25! years ago this month.

The music is still as topical as it was then. Probably IMHO, the best Hard Rock Album of all time.
    Have too agree that it is a very good album. Also liked Woodkid that someone had on there list. Spootify is very nice sometimes.

/Kretcher
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Well I just dropped the boy off at day care and the tv is still on. Kids tv this was on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZPvSZtLh98

And now Yo Gabbagabba has started... I think I need to start painting.

Quote Originally Posted by hajmoid View Post
    Well I just dropped the boy off at day care and the tv is still on. Kids tv this was on...

Why did I watch???? Aaaaarrrgggg.. the rest of my day... The giggle mobile.....

Wait.. does it run on giggles? It certainly not causing any. My Mom's in child/day care so I think I've become vaccinated to this kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by hajmoid View Post

what the hell did I just watch? thank goodness we had proper TV in the late 80's and early 90's . Kids TV these days I wouldn't even look at

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Future World Music:
    A HERO WILL RISE
    REIGN OF VENGENCE

both very much like Two steps from Hell, plus Linkin Park, Abney Park(live DVD out soon), Nightwish, Within Temptation, Epica, Sara McLachlan, Alison Krauss, Lady Antebellum, Loreena McKennitt, Joe Cocker, Nickelback and anything else I can to drown out the Two moaning morons in our open plan office, so I can concentrate on building servers.

Painting is currently listening to Kathy Reichs audiobooks.
    LOVE Two Steps from Hell, Mike! And I thought I was the only nutter around here. lol!

It honestly depends what I'm working on. Writing historical novels -

Writing contemporary suspense (somebody's gonna get shot)...

Painting - usually it's audiobooks but recently it's been a video game soundtrack believe it or not.

Favorite is Fight Club.

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!I don't believe it - that album and Empire are two of my all time favorites. Wow - another Queensryche fan...my jaw hit the floor when I read your post Vike...lol!

I kept looking around for the "Like" button for vike's post. Classic album.

Kath - if you like Hans Zimmer stuff, you need to check out E.S. Posthumus.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Waaaayyy ahead of ya Trys....lol! Got his stuff too.

LOL - I found him on Slacker when he came up with some cool re-imaginings of classical stuff. Which is my favorite stuff of his. His "original" stuff is almost TOO Hans Zimmer. I feel like I'm listening to the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack when his stuff comes on.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.