Zab's Damn it to hell! WIP - Page 12
Page 12 of 134 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Zab's Damn it to hell! WIP

Thanks Khonner! If you check out my blog I have few step by step break downs of how I got nice results on African-America, Indian and Philippine type skin tones on a few of my pirates. It's basically highlighting WAY up to Caucasian type tones and then glazing and shading back down. Everyone should feel free to pick my flowers I got the blue done on the Fianna today.
    Name:  BlueFinalHighlightCM.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  117.1 KB
    Again, this woman is killing me
    So I took a break and preshaded Kurt's base...
    Name:  GGBasePreshadeCM.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  78.1 KB
    Tomorrow I'm going to try and tackle the leather and gold areas...if I can still see...And no, I'm not whining. This is whining:

You're welcome Chrispy.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Lookin good Zab! The NMM filigree is what really gets me on the Rackham models.
    But- Rarity is my least favorite.. MAXXxxx is going to hurt me now.

Hell Yeah Zab nice one!

She looks great. . will have to have a wee looksy at your blog and examin the skin tones.

WHAT?! Rarity is awesome! No, wait awesome is Dashy's line... I'm actually going with TMM on this one. My NMM is okay, but not consistent enough to use here. Thanks Canny - no one was more shocked than me at how well those ethnic skin tones turned out - thanks again for that article Chrispy!

She is coming along nicely zab I've got a few of those in a box somewhere.... On the little gobbo, are you going to purple/pink up his nose and ears?
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Yeah, once I get up to the highlights there will be some tinting - not his knuckles though - that's 10's signature :P

Blog Entries

Hey Zab, isn't her armor metal? Why not just paint the blade the same way? Looking good by the way!

@#&*%! It does look like metal doesn't it?! That front pic of her is a weird color temp for some reason - even though both pics were taken under the same lighting conditions(even the pic of her back isn't quite true to life). I think my WIP camera's CCD chip is going because it just changes from warm to cool whenever it feels like. It is like 15 years old so no surprise there, really. ~sigh~ It's actually a pale blue/grey and will look very different once the gold trim is added - unless my camera has something to say about it, stupid jerk camera....

Blog Entries

Dude! Take a deep breath count backwards from 10, 10...9...8...

Okay, I think it looks great! Maybe just tint the hair wraps and the ribbon on the hilt over to that red color and go with it. Poof! you are an NMM master!

Either way, whether NMM, or MM try shading the blade with some of that your smoke to tie it into the skull!

I'm not angry..much. Just perplexed that while not wanting to do NMM I seem to have nailed a cold steel NMM. Maybe I do know what I'm doing, maybe I have some natural talent in that area or maybe...you have all infected me with your NMM illness

Blog Entries

Yeah! Metal Metalics for life!

For the hair a Tiny amount on the brush 75% water in the mix and wipe it off on a paper towl and slowly build it up the highlights it works great, its my newest skill!
    I think Dem is on to something there I like the idea of a older pocked blade could add some dimension.

Super Metal Bra you will be painting a Princess leia soon! Your work makes me think about picking up the Kingdom death twilight knight female thats on trademe at the moment.

Here is where she stands now with the leather, gold, silk and blade done. The blade needs more work, but I need to pause and take a breath or I will flatten this b*tch under a hammer... I'll show you in pictures what happened when I get over the trauma.
    Name:  SilkFianlCM.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  124.6 KB

Wow, thae gold helped the blues go from blah to spectacular. Very cool...and stay away from the hammer!

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    Wow, thae gold helped the blues go from blah to spectacular. Very cool...and stay away from the hammer!
    I agree. She looks very nice Zab, put the hammer down, and grab some silly putty. Work it for a bit and feel the anger drain away. It's good for masking too. For only a buck or two its very useful stuff, just keep the kids away from it.

Never give up, Never surrender!
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Hey its good how the other colours ahve pulled it all together, makes the steel realy pop!
    The sword, I like the ripples in the surface.

Its coming together great mate.

I like the sword effect as well.. almost like it's hammered..

Thanks gang! I just nailed the little gems on her sword and belly chain so i am in good spirits. SO, i think in dabbling in NNM I have screwed up my TMM skills a bit. No biggie just have to regroup and think of what i am doing before jumping in. I think this is what my guitar playing friends experienced when they played Guitar Hero and then freaked because it had messed up their fingering on real guitars Any way here is the journey in pictures.
    Yay! TMM, its been a while...
    Name:  BladeUghPreBaseCM.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  66.7 KBName:  BladeUghBaseCM.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  63.9 KB
    mmm nice base coat now to shade a bit...
    Name:  BladeUghMetalShadeCM.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  67.4 KBName:  BladeughShade1CM.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  65.9 KB
    Name:  BladeUghShade2CM.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  65.4 KBName:  BladeUghShade3CM.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  69.1 KBName:  BladeUghFinalHighlightCM.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  66.0 KB
    Hmmmm, not sure what it needs next let's just randomly start doing NMM technique for no apparent reason...
    Name:  Blade ugh final shadeCM.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  69.4 KBName:  BladeUghFinalCM.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  69.7 KB
    AHHH!! What the helll?! Okay, just freak out and paint faster that will fix it!!!!
    Name:  BladeFixedCM.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  127.5 KB
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! What now? ooh! Maybe Tamiya smoke could fix it - some one said Tamiya smoke right?!
    Name:  BladeSmokeCM.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  125.4 KB
    And here we are at our destination. So, I think if I add a few very fine highlights and let it be, it should be fine. The thing is the high contrast pictures looked great just now, but in real life it looked like hell and the tamyia smoke only looks okay in pics, but looks just right in real life. Anyway, I will do her make up tonight. Very simple. No war paint. I want her to look as peace by the skull (just casually trying to hold in her pee). So, The Lady Inquisitor has suggested a fall color to help the blue and green a bit and play off her pink skin tone. Maroon eye shadow and a darker red lipstick. She also said: "I'm gong to work now, have fun with your whore" not really sure what she was getting at...

Ah well, back to painting. Hope this gave you a laugh.

Blog Entries

Whoa coming along nicely! Armor is looking good! I think the sword is fine too. BTW I think weapons are my least favorite thing to paint. They have all this excitement and action around them but are usually pretty boring flat pieces of the model. At least swords have some surface area and curves. Guns... don't even get me started.

You got a really good shadow on the sword a few photos back:

Name:  BlueFinalHighlightCM.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  38.6 KB

Maybe try and get back to that? With the highlight on the top/back of the blade and shadow on the bottom edge?

Looking forward to seeing the make-up. I love her face and expression. Very "battle dancer"

Yeah i should really define it a bit, hopefully the highlights will help with that and i can take some purple or greenish brown to push the shadows.