Zab's Damn it to hell! WIP - Page 16
Page 16 of 134 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Zab's Damn it to hell! WIP

Go Kurt!

And the sleeping Chibi is coming along nice.

The dragon piece is a pure win in my book, Zab..

Thanks guys Ugh, still sick. Hard to find motivation to press on with chibi dio. OSL progress:
    Name:  CliffOSLMontageCM.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  258.0 KB
    Still need to shade base and add extreme areas of glow to OSL. Also, this lady arrived in the mail! AND no one has entered my movemeber contest! I know it sounds selfish, but holding her in my hands and looking at her, i really hope no one does. I want to paint her myself. Pretty, so pretty...
    Name:  FigonePanteraMontageCM.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  129.5 KB
    ~sigh~ bed is calling, stupid cold...
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    AND no one has entered my movemeber contest! I know it sounds selfish, but holding her in my hands and looking at her, i really hope no one does. I want to paint her myself. Pretty, so pretty...
    OSL is coming along nicely, Zab!
    As for the contest.. I seriously thought of cheating and using one of my friends and just calling her my GF... But, y'know.. stupid morals.

The osl really works for this piece and adds atmosphere to the characters.
    Praise uncle nurgle for his blessings LOl
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Yep thats some good OSL not how I expected it BUT better!

*Cough* stupid cold. Thanks guys! Actually Chrispy, that is a valid way to enter as you can see:
    2) Send me a picture (sgt.zab *at* gmail.com) taken by a WILLING female participant that YOU personally know. Sorry, no candid shots of your old Italian Nona's hairy lip when she ain't looking -_- Not cool man, not cool.
    It just has to be willing female participant that you know. There is no requirement of a romantic or familial entanglement. You could still take this whole thing...If not I'll probably hold some kind of Xmas or Thundercats themed draw anyway. I want to keep her, but she was meant to be given away

I am curious about this competition. Do you have it posted somewhere else?

Yes it was on my blog. Sadly it's now over. Don't fret though, I'll do more in the future.

All but done! Some fancy pics for the gallery and enter it into reapers contest. My WIP camera really leeches the orange out of this, but it's there.
    Name:  SleepingChibiFinCM.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  138.0 KB
    Name:  SleepingChibiFin2CM.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  134.1 KB
    Need break from all this "pushing of my skills". Back to 40k table top jobbies for a bit. DV cultists and some Airbrush practice.

Now that's reminiscent of why we all got into miniature art in the first place! Besides being well painted and quite technically sound it reminds me personally of those wonderful scenes and Dios in "dragon" magazine growing up! Wonderful wonderful job! Man your skills are excelling zab!!

The OSL turned out really well ! What a great piece. Look forward to seeing your dv cultists
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Hey Zab, i can see what you meant about the OSL... but consider that here the situation is far more difficult than my little miniature, so i think you did a good job. The part i like most is the osl on the little knight, IMHO is more realistic compared to the ground, but again very difficult light situation.

Oh and the flames are ace, i have to try sculpting them for the next projects!

Thanks folks! I have finished pics up in discuss submissions and I'm sure they'll hit the gallery soon too. I'm a little happy this one is over. Time to scratch that 40k itch I've been feeling lately...

Well done mate, its a really great scene.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

I love it. And think from concept to creation you did an amazing job. The dragons colors really stand out to me but the actual rock is what really grabs my attention. Now about that 40k itch, I have an entire ork horde that has been starving for attention....Im just sayin. :P

Thanks ten. I REALLY appreciated your tips and advice on the nmm - something finally clicked I guess! Digg can you imagine how long a horde would take me to paint? Please, I have barely put a dent in my DV set. I might have it finished by the time 40k 10th edition is released It's why I left gaming. I never wanted to play with an unpainted army, but by the time I was done I didn't fit the meta and got tabled all the time (plus my lack of rules know how due to always doing the hobby side). I always looked great chocking their guns with my dead though!

Hahaha, I was just kidding about doing my orks. I mean it would be great to have someone with your talent do it, but I am not that mean to ask someone to take that kind of project on. I mean it is a horde after all. I know what you mean by getting an army done by 10th edition, I am in your shoes as well though, I don't play the game save maybe once a year, and its the hobby side of it that I get all my love from. I end up losing about every battle too. I don't know what it is but horde armies seem to gravitate towards me because I have a Skaven army in need of some paint as well lol, then projects like your dragon chibi just suck all my attention away and inspire me on to something new.

I guess that's the risk we al run belonging to sites like this. It only aggravates our hobby ADHD even more.