Games Day 2013 United States Role Call
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Games Day 2013 United States Role Call

clansizemore

Default Games Day 2013 United States Role Call

Hey ya'll,
    I was just wondering who was going to games day in the US this year and entering the Golden Demon. This is one of the few times I actually get to meet fellow painters and hang out.

Thought that I might, but seeing that all the tickets are sold out; not this year it looks like.

Stupid GW, limited amount of tickets and doubling the price, it's like they are trying to alienate their client/fan base....
    "Yes, yes, yes. Woman are in awe of his manhood and men swoon in his wake. Truly he is a legend in his own mind."

Blog Entries

They'd never do that would they?

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

clansizemore

Quote Originally Posted by Wigdog View Post
    Yep, they would!
    LOL!!! Well, it does not change the fact that I like talking with guys like boltman, Chris B., James W., and others. That is really my driving reason for going....it seems the best way to improve my own craft. The Demon event in the US may be a bit lack-luster, but the Community of painters really do add a lot to the event (for me).

Blog Entries

How much were the tickets this year? there is no way in hell i would pay more than £30 when the UK one comes out, expecially as there is no mini included....

dfb

My Gallery Here

I live down in Dorset with the cider and the combine harvesters yaargh!

It's back in the nia this year too with lower number of tickets available. Don't know the price yet.

I hope its no more than £30 or else I'll have to put my hard earned money elsewhere

Blog Entries

Is the ticket reduction to due the venue size? I have no idea of the size difference between NEC and NIA. Surely the NIA is bigger as its the more modern of the two? Anyway, it didnt seem too overcrowded at the NEC to be honest last year.

dfb

My Gallery Here

It's a smaller venue, they moved out so they could increase numbers. Look like they have chopped numbers to have a smaller cheaper venue. I suppose it looks better to go "look how quickly we sold out" compared to "we're down to the last few tickets", at least that's what it will say in the financial report. I don't really know where GWs logic takes them these days.

Blog Entries

Ahh right, I heard they were late booking it and somebody else stole the slot.... not sure if that's true. Less tickets equals less money and less product sales so I would find it hard to believe that they would want somewhere smaller? I don't know. GW Logic is strange indeed....

dfb

My Gallery Here

Quote Originally Posted by dogfacedboy uk1 View Post
    GW Logic is strange indeed....
    GW and Logic in the same sentence….…...…¿Failure to compute!¿•

The NIA was the venue for Games day up until 2004, but the ability to milk more money out of their customers at a larger venue took them to the NEC.
    The NIA being a dramatically smaller venue means that I would expect more poor organisation, horrendous queues for ANY "Sales" point and Forgeworld to be an all out horror for 'service'.
    Last edited by Dragonsreach; 05-28-2013 at 11:53 AM.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

The alleged idea is to have a smaller more interactive games day. The guy in charge is supposed to be trying to make the experience better, and feels they can only manage that for x amount of people. I however have in my mind a giant queue leading in one door to a giant pit where GW trolls will shake customers over til all their money falls into it. Then they will be shown the exit. I however won't be there, im planning on being out the country when it's on.

lol "Stupid GW". I normally go to it when they are in the Chicago area, but Im sorry - Tennessee this year??.. Dont get me wrong I like their products, but they will never get me to travel for an event. Now Gencon on the other hand...

I'll be there this year - with a couple of entries I hope! *fingers crossed* Should be good times~~
    My Rank -

Blog Entries

Well I won't be spending a single penny there this year as most of my money will be spent in travel and entry. I certainly refuse to buy their Games Day only figure. I still want a couple of Forgeworld items, but I have too much to worry about anyway. I am just there to take photos of the event, hang around the arty sections, attend a seminar, enter Golden Demon, not win and go home....

dfb

My Gallery Here

clansizemore

Quote Originally Posted by Elly3438 View Post
    I'll be there this year - with a couple of entries I hope! *fingers crossed* Should be good times~~
    Outstanding, you are one of my favorite NMM painters...any word on Chris B. or James W.

I'll be there but sad to tell you borer and all of them won't be.
    Visit my Hobby webstore at http://battleroadhobbies.com/ . Also I am available for commission just shoot me a pm.

clansizemore

Quote Originally Posted by Empchild View Post
    I'll be there but sad to tell you borer and all of them won't be.
    Damn, that is a shame....However, I am looking forward to seeing what you bring empchild. Your skin tones are usually so clean, looking forward to seeing your new stuff.

I've heard varying reasons for the change but the most creditable is that GW were only just breaking even at the NEC in recent years and have decided that they're better off going for a smaller venue with less people but a guaranteed profit. Sadly I can't see them dropping the price from last year or adding in the limited edition mini. It might also make a better event with less participation games and more things to look at (or at least I'm hoping). I need to work out how I can actually get there this year :s