Khonner's WIP - Page 18
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Khonner's WIP

Got another one up for voting. This is my entry to WAMP's RedBox Games contest. I felt that the mini was getting lost in the base, so I changed the design on the shield from 2 snakes to a big red hand. I think it pulls the eye back to the mine. Opinions? Thanks for looking..

Voting link: http://www.coolminiornot.com/363582

I was happy to see these in person at the NOVA Open Capital Palette painting competition:

Those look really nice! Great work
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

That orc looks like my boss when I ask for a pay increase lol
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

The busy is really something to be proud of mate. The eye on it is very cool. Not sure how it faired in the gallery but it's top work, that's for sure...
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Thanks all.. Those were 3 of the 6 entries that I put in for the NOVA Capital Pallet competition. I had 3 finalists, the Gladiator above in the single historic, the orc bust above in the large fantasy and my Brun Craigback and Lug in the fantasy collection category. Not sure how, but I got GOLD with the Gladiator and bronze for Brun and Lug! I felt that the Gladiator was my weakest piece, but I guess that goes to show that I shouldn't be a judge. He netted me a new Grex airbrush which will be put to use tonight and 25 bucks for Secret Weapon stuff. Both the fantasy large and fantasy small categories were real tough competition and I'm very happy that Pop-Eye made the final cut. I learned a lot over this weekend and I'm planning on attending NOVA again next year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Khonner View Post
    Thanks all.. Those were 3 of the 6 entries that I put in for the NOVA Capital Pallet competition. I had 3 finalists, the Gladiator above in the single historic, the orc bust above in the large fantasy and my Brun Craigback and Lug in the fantasy collection category. Not sure how, but I got GOLD with the Gladiator and bronze for Brun and Lug! I felt that the Gladiator was my weakest piece, but I guess that goes to show that I shouldn't be a judge. He netted me a new Grex airbrush which will be put to use tonight and 25 bucks for Secret Weapon stuff. Both the fantasy large and fantasy small categories were real tough competition and I'm very happy that Pop-Eye made the final cut. I learned a lot over this weekend and I'm planning on attending NOVA again next year.
    WOWOWOWOW

Holy $h*t! Congrats dude. That's awesome!

Outstanding job man. Congrats.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Congrats mate
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

I appreciate it!.. Here is the next thing that I'm working on. This is a practice model. I'm trying to copy the "film noire" style of Sin City. I'm planning on adding red to the troll's loincloth and te Pyg's red barron skarf. It still needs more tweeking, but I would like to know if you guys/girls see anything completely screwed up with it.. thanks!

Blog Entries

That's a neat mini! Is that Privateer Press? Kinda reminds me of Vaughn Bode.

For Sin City style. I think you are going to really have to draw in shadows. You of course saw crackpots awesome sin city piece:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/343852?browseid=10025500

The crackpot piece just has too much photoshop influence on it for me. Really, really looks like an illustration. But this is because it was modified so much.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Cool stuff, man. And congratz on the competitions.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

I agree, BFK. I wish he'd left off all the extras and just did a plain black background.

Anyway, cool idea Khonner. And those little touches of color will really stand out. Should be neat!

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey03 View Post
    I agree, BFK. I wish he'd left off all the extras and just did a plain black background.

Anyway, cool idea Khonner. And those little touches of color will really stand out. Should be neat!

Very true.

Keep in mind you want some very sharp contrast. A lot if pure black shapes touching pure white. Not as many midtones as you'd think.

Congrats on the wins buddy. I'm looking forward to seeing how you tackle the sin city style piece.

I appreciate all of the feedback and comments. Here is an update on the Biltzer.. I have added the red to the tongue, I felt that if I added it to the Pyg's scarf, it would draw the eye away from the beast's face. I'm not sure, but I think I need more lighter highlights on the arms, I think I knocked them down too much. What do you all think?

And here's another that I'm currently working on, a witch elf from Avatars of War. I'm calling her Valendetta after my friend's Warhammer Online witch elf. Comments are always welcomed and appreciated!

Great job on the Drow face so far. With that green, I would paint over it with some Matt medium. It looks a bit too glossy.

Looking good Khonner.

The troll could do with brighter highlights on the arms and maybe bring the face up a bit overall as well. I think to make the Sin City thing work you really want that Black to White contrast almost everywhere but controlled by how big an area is devoted to shadows, mids and highlights.