Tough Girls - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tough Girls

Usually the lines we draw in the sand are not necessarilly logical, but it doesn't make them any less legitimate. Some draw the line on sexualized woman, nudity, extreme violence, any violence, animal cruelty, and for some playing with any toy soldier. I found these minis to be kind of cute and would make neat diorama. Also based on history, i suspect a future apocolyptic society would require all ages to participate in the fight.

Although from some of the comments, it reminds me of my surprise me that any soccer moms would buy there kids any GW games if they understood the themes. Very interesting human nature at work.

I am really liking all the sniper figs from the different factions, but am reluctant To by a big set to cover the postage for a few of the figures. Oh, and the bones arriving with the requisit ife quote, "when are you going to have enough of hese stupid toys that you will never get painted?". I think that was a hint . Hope the other five Kickstarters I am pledged to do not show up soon

Most of the time in these universe we create and play inwe try to explore aspects of possible and impossible existence that we can relateto on some level. Whether it’s the grim darkness or a bubbly bright anima you can’tfault a creator for putting a bit of grit in the way of human suffering.Some times we laugh at it and some time it makes us a little uneasy. I canthink of allot worse in pop culture than cute child soldiers in a campy worldof female dominated destruction. I see no problem here.
    Wait!!!Before you vote, try squinting and see if it helps you to realize my artistic vision... No, well go ahead then. I didn't think you would get it anyway.

Raging Heroes have finally got their act together and given a list of upcoming stretch goal for the last few days of this Kickstarter. no art work yet but a least we know what is coming.

$530,000 Freebie: Charlie

$535,000 Free upgrade

$540,000 Freebie: Freedom Fighter Iron Empire

$545,000 Free upgrade

$555,000 Uber-stretchgoal: Jet Girls - unit of 5

$560,000 Free upgrade

$565,000 Freebie: Jailbird Spotter

$570,000 Free upgrade

$580,000 Uber-stretchgoal: Kurganovas Trike

$585,000 Free upgrade

$590,000 Freebie: Cyberzombie

$595,000 Free upgrade

$605,000 Uber-stretchgoal: Jailbird's Trike

$610,000 Free Upgrade

$615,000 Freebie: Kurganova nurse

$620,000 Free Upgrade

$630,000 Uber-stretchgoal: Iron Empire Trike

$635,000 Free Upgrade

$640,000 Freebie: 1 new Lulu

$645,000 Free Upgrade

$665,000 Uber-stretchgoal: 3 Kurganova Werewolves

$670,000 Free Upgrade

$675,000 Freebie: Kurganova Radio Technician

$680,000 Free Upgrade

$700,000 Unit of Cyberzombies

$705,000 Free Upgrade

$710,000 Freebie: Iron Empire Officer

$715,000 Free Upgrade

$720,000 Freebie Hacker Upgrade

I think this should give this Kickstarter a good boost .

I've gone for a small pledge because there is a figure named after me so I had to may add afew on to it afterwards

There are a handfull of heroes that i would like to paint. But nothing pressing. So ill just wait for the general release sometime this winter.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Waiting for winter to purchase the snow version of Ivanka, eh? Makes sense
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Waiting for winter to purchase the snow version of Ivanka, eh? Makes sense
    Yep. The jailbird heavy gunner, medic. And the iron empire general and the tentacled tech priest babe.

That's the one I'm after, the jailbird Medic :P

I got re-suckered back into this one because of the Iron Empire pregnant woman - but I'm still staying away from the Lulus.

Only just over a day to go. They have added some nice 54m options.

Damn it, can't decide now which of the larger sculpts I'd like, Nertha or Jinx the mascot >.<

Quote Originally Posted by crystella333 View Post
    Damn it, can't decide now which of the larger sculpts I'd like, Nertha or Jinx the mascot >.<
    The Hippo mascot!!

That is epic.

oh and i think they picked the wrong 3 models to 54 mm. The jailbird nurse and heavy would be sooo awesome.

Sigh, lots of must haves, it's going to take me all day to put together my final order. But really at nearly 600,000 how long do you think it will be before they get all this stuff shipped out?
    Wait!!!Before you vote, try squinting and see if it helps you to realize my artistic vision... No, well go ahead then. I didn't think you would get it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebladesmith@hotmail.com View Post
    Sigh, lots of must haves, it's going to take me all day to put together my final order. But really at nearly 600,000 how long do you think it will be before they get all this stuff shipped out?
    It will be shipped in waves, if you read the texts.

The heroes will go out first, somewhere between late october and january would be my guess.

Before they have all the troops and vehicles done. Xmas next year. A 6 month delay seems reasonable.

Sure 6 months is very reasonalbe.My order should be march of next year, still no problem. Im sure I will have painted all the unpainted minis in my case by then. They just have alot of work ahead of them. Im looking forward to watching them grow there company.

Aaaghhhh! I tried to resist, but the resin casts of the heroines suckered me in. And then i read that they will be doing a separate kickstarter for dark elves. Am i destined never to have free cash again?

On the issue of the lulus, i am slightly surprised by the strong reaction. Should art shy away from the reality of conflict? The rules that were announced attempt to soften the issue, but leaving that aside, surely those who object strongly can simply avoid choosing them as an option?

Whoa, those female were wolves looks fan-bleeping-tastic!!

I am soooo getting those, when they are released.