Future Ringer Wish List
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future Ringer Wish List

Default Future Ringer Wish List

So there were a good number of ideas in the comments in the kickstarter I figured we could use a place to put these. Please follow the same format (see below) and if you do not know what the power would be that's cool leave that part out.

= [Name] - [Power] - [Flavor text] - [Cost] - [Hp]: Inspiration/Homage to

Here is an example

= [Jean Nelson] - [On your turn Jean can move any one figure back to their scrimmage line] - [?] - [2] - [2] : I Dream of Jeannie
    = [?] - [Can turn the opponent into a statue for the remainder of the period if the opponent plays a dead card. Limit 2 statues at a time] - [?] - [4] - [2] : Medusa/Gorgon mythology.

like the medusa idea. bunch of us did on the KS comments.

I also liked the idea for a Baron Samedie/Saturday character.

personal preference is I would like to stay away from actor/popular movie characters even though many of the, are already.

Ok, I would like to give this a try.

My first ringer would be like Man-E Faces from He-Man. He has three faces based on mode, which would translate into three abilities based on the situation. Such as if you are losing to your opponent by 10 or more points then "Faces" gets a a plus three to all contests (or can move three extra spaces...something like this). Then if you are plus or minus 9 points from your opponent then he gets plus one to all contests (or moves one extra space). Lastly, if you are beating your opponent by more then 10 points then "Faces" gets no bonuses.

My second ringer is a Mimic. He might look like yoshimitsu from tekken. He would have the special ability to copy other ringers abilities. This is my thoughts on how it would work. After the biding before the game then the opponent would take all the left over ringer cards from the biding and shuffle them up. Then the owner of the Mimic would randomly pick two or four (two if it is going to change during the half, or four if it is going to change after every period). Then that player puts the random ringer cards under the mimic without looking at them. At the beginning of each period or half the owner of the mimic randomly picks a ringer from the cards under the mimic, which would have his power for that half or period on it.
    Last edited by GAC NATION; 06-30-2013 at 06:25 PM.

I would like to see a Lich ringer, possibly a female Lich who utilizes ice to slow or immobilize her targets, or possibly her bility could be that if she's killed she resurrects after a period or two, much like a real Lich sent to their phylactery would.

I'd also like to see an Archer, or Robin Hood themed Ringer. He/she could grant terrain advantages to his team, much like difficult terrain restricting movement, i.e. for 1 square it costs 2 movement. Or he could steal from a distance or something.

I had an idea for a Sherwood Forest Merry Men/ Archers theme as well that would be a handling oriented team, as the only one with huge bonuses to Handling right now are the Pirates. No idea what their team ability would be though.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC NATION View Post
    My second ringer is a Mimic.
    I love this idea.

Id rather the mimic be a classic treasure chest monster or maybe a Kaosball ball monster

but it is a neat idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperface View Post
    I would like to see a Lich ringer, possibly a female Lich who utilizes ice to slow or immobilize her targets, or possibly her bility could be that if she's killed she resurrects after a period or two, much like a real Lich sent to their phylactery would.

I'd also like to see an Archer, or Robin Hood themed Ringer. He/she could grant terrain advantages to his team, much like difficult terrain restricting movement, i.e. for 1 square it costs 2 movement. Or he could steal from a distance or something.

I had an idea for a Sherwood Forest Merry Men/ Archers theme as well that would be a handling oriented team, as the only one with huge bonuses to Handling right now are the Pirates. No idea what their team ability would be though.
    Your ideas have been stolen once again, Paperface! Mwahaha

I'd love a Mimic ringer provided it's the classic treasure chest monster (with Eric Lang flair).
    A few other ideas I've had have been a Sharkguy, Mime, and Priest/Nun. Haven't decided on their abilities yet, just thought that perhaps they'd look cool!

A really sinister/hilarious idea would be Kool-Aid Man with his ability to bust through walls. Hahaha. His ability would definitely be "OHHHHH YEAH!"

Because CMON is internet based, I suggest using some internet memes such as:
    Chuck Norris (He'd be too overpowered though)
    Rick Ashley (signature move: "the Rickroll")
    Forum Troll
    "I'ma firin mah lazor" Guy (Move: ... duh!)

I like Rick Astley a lot. That or Michael Jackson (of course 'Thriller' era) and field him with the Malltown Zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    I like Rick Astley a lot. That or Michael Jackson (of course 'Thriller' era) and field him with the Malltown Zombies.
    Isn't Spectre wearing the Thriller jacket/supposed to be a Thriller reference?

Quote Originally Posted by ilitchev View Post
    Isn't Spectre wearing the Thriller jacket/supposed to be a Thriller reference?
    Oh man, I'm not even on the ball today. I even used it as my KS icon. I feel really silly right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    Oh man, I'm not even on the ball today. I even used it as my KS icon. I feel really silly right about now.
    Just think of it this way: You had a dream, and that dream INSTANTLY came true.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
    Because CMON is internet based, I suggest using some internet memes such as:
    Chuck Norris (He'd be too overpowered though)
    Rick Ashley (signature move: "the Rickroll")
    Forum Troll
    "I'ma firin mah lazor" Guy (Move: ... duh!)

Nyan cat that leaves a giant rainbow trail that heals your team or something

Also, I think a Witch or Wizard would make an awesome Ringer.

Witch could have a familiar that she could share movement with, it could steal for her, but not attack or tackle. Then she could basically tackle or attack, but not steal to make up for her familiar.

Wizard could make mirror images of himself that he can pass the ball to from 3 range, they'd each have 1 hp, but would be able to be activated as a piece on your turn. When they are summoned you make the other person turn their back so they don't know which is the real one. Mirror Images can not score at the end of the period.

I want a Predator ringer. His power could be that when he kills an enemy figure he scores points (taking trophies), or some kind of immunity to tackling/kill zones/etc (cloaking device).

I also love the idea of a female mummy that someone else came up with. Her power could be a Curse of some sort. Maybe your opponents have -1 hand size or something.

Default MegaMan Zero

Well it's taken from the idea to mimic

[Zero] - [Stealing the ability of the last enemy figure killed (team ability or ringer)] - [If an enemy appears in front of me... I will destroy it...] - [4] - [3]: MegaMan Zero

I Think there's still some missing mechanized team or ringers . I don't really expect that ringers to be release that way, since it's a copyrighted character from capcom. In MegaMan series, the hero steal the ability of the boss he kills.
    Last edited by Mugenk; 07-05-2013 at 05:00 PM.

I would love to see a ringer that references Ripley from the Aliens movies or a reference to the Xenomorphs themselves.

And, because I am fanboy of Blade Runner, a deckard reference would be fun....

[Jumper (no real idea for the name yet)] - [He can go through figures in straight line up to 3 spaces. The space he arrives must have no standing figure. If he's knock down he remains on the space he was interrupt.] - [I'd be Lucky to arrive to my destination...] - [2] - [2]
    Last edited by Mugenk; 07-14-2013 at 08:46 AM.

There needs to be a barefooted, small human, wearing a cloak & a necklace, carrying a wicked little sword. He can turn invisible at the cost of 1 pt per turn he's invisible. Plus can burn any card to ignore a wound due to his armored undershirt. (Or something like that.)

And he shall be known as "The One Ringer"!

Blaster was here...

Quote Originally Posted by BlasterCA View Post
    There needs to be a barefooted, small human, wearing a cloak & a necklace, carrying a wicked little sword. He can turn invisible at the cost of 1 pt per turn he's invisible. Plus can burn any card to ignore a wound due to his armored undershirt. (Or something like that.)

And he shall be known as "The One Ringer"!

Blaster was here...

Being invisible means can't be attack or tackle when entering in a killzone I suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugenk View Post
    Being invisible means can't be attack or tackle when entering in a killzone I suppose?
    Well, except by Spectre, naturally.