Questions that are still pending... Eric? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions that are still pending... Eric?

Quote Originally Posted by rollntider View Post
    the goblins card says if they are surrounded on 2 or more sides, i assume diagonal counts in that... it does not say adjacent. You can screw up a goblin coach by surround their dudes early
    Diagonals never counts unless mentioned in the effect.

I didn't think of it that way but you are right. Adjacency and killzones are 2 different things.

I have a question

the goblins card says if they are surrounded on 2 or more sides, i assume diagonal counts in that... it does not say adjacent. You can screw up a goblin coach by surround their dudes early
    Pretty sure Eric clarified that surround means adjacent. Its in the KS comments somewhere. I think the ability needs to be worded better.

yeah the cards needs to say being adjacent on 2 sides..... surrounded is not defined clearly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Lang View Post
    Hey all!

I'll be back to answer these questions later today. We've got some mighty kickstarter postmortem to take care of for the first part of the day

Eric
    A kickstarter postmortem?!
    You mean one of those parties where everybody finish with higher alcohol levels on their blood? :P

I didn't think of it that way but you are right. Adjacency and killzones are 2 different things.I have a questionthe goblins card says if they are surrounded on 2 or more sides, i assume diagonal counts in that... it does not say adjacent. You can screw up a goblin coach by surround their dudes early
    This was covered in Brian Nors FAQ which Eric Lang replied to. It is only sides not diagonals that meet the requirement of the Goblin ability. So they must be any two of N, S, W or E.

Ok, sorry everyone - it was a 16 hour day and I'm completely wiped

Thanks Brian for consolidating the questions, and I will get to them tomorrow morning after a long ... period ... of...z...z..z.z.zzzzzzzzzz

Eric

Cheers Eric....cya tomorrow.

add this to the questions

why was there not a trophy in the kickstarter? They displayed a picture of one prominently, but there is no trophy. It was not a deal breaker obviously but it would have been cool the league champion could use it as their score keeper until a new champ was crowned or for bragging rights etc...

Yeah I wouldn't have minded getting one, gold chalice to raise when you become victor. But I guess not everyone is into playing a league tournament.

Ok, sorry everyone - it was a 16 hour day and I'm completely wiped

Thanks Brian for consolidating the questions, and I will get to them tomorrow morning after a long ... period ... of...z...z..z.z.zzzzzzzzzz

Eric
    No problem, We are not getting the game before next year anyway

The list is consolidated again.

And just in case you missed it Eric...KONG BADS ringer card needs to be provided 8-)

Hard to strategise if you don't have his ringer details.

What is up with the obsession with a trophy? I don't get it...

Quote Originally Posted by joshuareubens View Post
    I dunno either, I do think it looked cool, but I plan to just paint my Kaosball Gold, and have that act as the trophy. So you literally fight for the trophy every game.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuareubens View Post

a few reasons for me ...

#1 they show it on the KS prominently

#2 they tell you to fight for it
    Each game takes about an hour, making this perfect for league play over 1 or 2 game sessions - grow your teams as they pick up more special skills, ringers and cash as you vie for the ultimate prize in Kaosball, the Chalice!

#3 Look at the past championship seasons in football basketball etc... they are not playing for a cup of yogurt

#4 another KS did a similar game and did a trophy ... did 4 of them 1 was included and I think the other 3 was add ons

#5 plus you can have bragging rights by possessing it.

I guess we will get our own to smack talk with.

I was surprised they didn't have one to get even as an add on for $5

Ok, answer time (my answers in bold)!

1. Kong Bads ringer card, its odd as he is included in the base pledge not a streach or anything?

Yeah , that was weird. Kongbad is cost 3, life 4 with the text:
    "If Kongbad initiates and wins a contest, the losing opponent loses 1 point"

1. Will the Almanac be updated with all the new ringers?

Yes.

1. Card breakdown, I for one would really like to see all the cool tactics and cheat cards.

I'll post those later in the week.

1. Card artwork, will all of them feature Biru Biru and Scrag or are other ringers also used?

Tactics cards feature Biru, Cheating cards feature Scrag.

1. Will we get tokens for Trash and Frog?

I have to limit my answers to rules and gameplay questions at this point.

1. The Spectre's killzone ignores Walls?

No. It would have to explicitly state that.

1. The Patriot's ability can be used when he loses a Handling contest?

Yep! He'a house.

1. Regarding the word "adjacent" (used in Gojira's and Gabe's ability, for instance): When those Ringers play for the Amazons the diagonals will count as adjacent?

No. Adjacent and killzone are two separate terms. Partly to ensure clarity for the Amazon's ability.

1. Gabe's ability can be used to redirect damage from more than one figure at a time (as a result of Valkyrie's ability)?

Yes.

1. The Butcher's ability is used only when he attacks, right? If someone attacks him and he wins (giving 1 point of damage to the attacker), the guy isn't dead... right?

Correct.

1. Is the Bridgetown Trolls team dashboard ever going to be updated with the correct coach name? Currently it's got the same Coach name as the New Edo Samurai coach.

Absolutely. We are going through multiple editing passes before these go to press. Feedback is welcome (send to rules@kaosball.com).

1. What are the final stats of the Deamons?

Their dashboard is correct, except the runners and bruisers have 3 health each.

1. 'The Warrior' ability - I'm guessing that when she names an 'enemy figure' she must indicate a 'figure' that is in the starting 5 and not just choose generically a 'runner' or a 'bruiser' which could be 2 or 3 different figures. Just a clarification as I think it reads pretty well.

Her sworn enemy is one specific figure.

1. Is M.A.Z.E. just a clever name or an actual acronym for our minotaur?

Just a clever name. Some of the speculated acronyms were hilarious, though.

1. Is it's possible to Mosh someone that has been tackled?

Yes. Filthy Goblins, they don't care if you're down!

1. Will you allow us to review the final version of rules, cards, etc. In time so we can provide feedback? (We want to make this game awesome, this is the power of Kickstarter many fail to use)

I can't guarantee this, but I have been taking feedback all through the campaign to make clarification edits to the book. Feedback is appreciated (rules@kaosball.com).

The league rules are a living document at this point, and I will continue posting revised versions.

Eric

WOW thanks a lot for all your great answers Eric.

Just to be 100% sure: All the Deamons stats are 0 then, except health that are 3 for both runner and bruisers?

I will update the PDF later so everything gets consolidated

Oops! No, I was mistaken as to which wrong version you guys saw

Daemons are Handling +1, Tackling +0 Fighting +1

Bruisers 3 health
    Runners 3 health

Eric

Oops! No, I was mistaken as to which wrong version you guys saw

Daemons are Handling +1, Tackling +0 Fighting +1

Bruisers 3 health
    Runners 3 health

Eric
    Super excited by this update. I very much look forward to playing the Daemons now. Are all the other Dashboards we've seen up to date, or are there other updates coming? I personally would like to see the cowboy bruisers get 3 health..

Whoa so Kongbad is like an inverse Panda! Neat!

The pdf document have now been updated with all Erics answers.