Questions that are still pending... Eric?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions that are still pending... Eric?

Thumbs up Questions that are still pending... Answered by Eric!

Some things are still to be revealed, that I would have expected by now. From the top of my head (and by consolidation from the thread):

1. Kong Bads ringer card, its odd as he is included in the base pledge not a streach or anything?
    2. Will the Almanac be updated with all the new ringers?
    3. Card breakdown, I for one would really like to see all the cool tactics and cheat cards.
    4. Card artwork, will all of them feature Biru Biru and Scrag or are other ringers also used?
    5. Will we get tokens for Trash and Frog?
    6. The Spectre's killzone ignores Walls?
    7. The Patriot's ability can be used when he loses a Handling contest?
    8. Regarding the word "adjacent" (used in Gojira's and Gabe's ability, for instance): When those Ringers play for the Amazons the diagonals will count as adjacent?
    9. Gabe's ability can be used to redirect damage from more than one figure at a time (as a result of Valkyrie's ability)?
    10. The Butcher's ability is used only when he attacks, right? If someone attacks him and he wins (giving 1 point of damage to the attacker), the guy isn't dead... right?
    11. What kind of plastic are the miniatures going to be made out of?
    12. Is the Bridgetown Trolls team dashboard ever going to be updated with the correct coach name? Currently it's got the same Coach name as the New Edo Samurai coach.
    13. What are the final stats of the Deamons?
    14. 'The Warrior' ability - I'm guessing that when she names an 'enemy figure' she must indicate a 'figure' that is in the starting 5 and not just choose generically a 'runner' or a 'bruiser' which could be 2 or 3 different figures. Just a clarification as I think it reads pretty well.
    15. Is M.A.Z.E. just a clever name or an actual acronym for our minotaur?
    16. Why was there not a trophy in the kickstarter?
    17. Is it's possible to Mosh someone that has been tackled?
    18. Will you allow us to review the final version of rules, cards, etc. In time so we can provide feedback? (We want to make this game awesome, this is the power of Kickstarter many fail to use)

Please join in if there is more, but PLEASE no more about the price/purchase structure
    Last edited by Brian Nors; 07-03-2013 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Consolidated all questions from thread

Don't forget the issue about tokens such as Trash and Frog.

Kind of a dumb question but the final almanac that we get is a printed physical product correct?
    Last edited by SourDough; 06-30-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SourDough View Post
    Kind of a dumb question but the final almanac that we get us a printed physical product correct?
    Yes that is correct

Let me add a few questions myself, then... =P

5. The Spectre's killzone ignores Walls?
    6. The Patriot's ability can be used when he loses a Handling contest?
    7. Regarding the word "adjacent" (used in Gojira's and Gabe's ability, for instance): When those Ringers play for the Amazons the diagonals will count as adjacent?
    8. Gabe's ability can be used to redirect damage from more than one figure at a time (as a result of Valkyrie's ability)?
    9. I guess the answer is "no", but I'll ask anyway just to be sure: The Butcher's ability is used only when he attacks, right? If someone attacks him and he wins (giving 1 point of damage to the attacker), the guy isn't dead... right?

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    Let me add a few questions myself, then... =P

5. The Spectre's killzone ignores Walls?
    6. The Patriot's ability can be used when he loses a Handling contest?
    7. Regarding the word "adjacent" (used in Gojira's and Gabe's ability, for instance): When those Ringers play for the Amazons the diagonals will count as adjacent?
    8. Gabe's ability can be used to redirect damage from more than one figure at a time (as a result of Valkyrie's ability)?
    9. I guess the answer is "no", but I'll ask anyway just to be sure: The Butcher's ability is used only when he attacks, right? If someone attacks him and he wins (giving 1 point of damage to the attacker), the guy isn't dead... right?
    5. Was mentioned in the comments IIRC it said that his killzone does not ignore walls.
    6. Yes, it just says when he loses a contest and survives.
    7. I would say no, because the Amazon card mentioned extending killzones to diagonals not adjacency. If you review the other ringers cards you can see that some powers specifically target killzones and other adjacency.
    8. Wait for the official answer but I would say sure.
    9. Not sure on this as well, but I would say that most likely you will be able to interrupt the opponent when they enter The Butcher's killzone and do damage to them that way and kill them.

Has anyone asked about "benching"? I've been reading the rule book and can't find anything describing benching and I was wondering what exactly it entails (a la goblins).

10. What kind of plastic are the miniatures going to be made out of?

(Reposted here for consolidation)
    Embric of Wulfhammer's Castle, available free at www.Wulfhammer.org

Quote Originally Posted by ilitchev View Post
    Has anyone asked about "benching"? I've been reading the rule book and can't find anything describing benching and I was wondering what exactly it entails (a la goblins).
    I asked this during the KS...
    The bench is where your other miniatures stay (you start with 3 runners + 2 bruisers - if you don't have a ringer -, so you still have 4 runners and 4 bruisers in your bench).
    When a figure is benched it recovers all damage and goes to that area. It can come back at the beginning of the next period.
    So, it's like knock down a figure, but it recovers all damage.

Quote Originally Posted by ilitchev View Post
    The bench is where your other miniatures stay (you start with 3 runners + 2 bruisers - if you don't have a ringer -, so you still have 4 runners and 4 bruisers in your bench).
    When a figure is benched it recovers all damage and goes to that area. It can come back at the beginning of the next period.
    Think of it as a way to remove players from the crossfield without tackling or attacking. You would do this to make it easier for your team to get the ball and score (Goblins), Heal a unit because it has taken damage (Paragons), or Get a boost to the current contest (Paragons).

Is the Bridgetown Trolls team dashboard ever going to be updated with the correct coach name? Currently it's got the same Coach name as the New Edo Samurai coach.

Thanks I was mostly wondering when those players returned to the board but having it ruled similarly to knocking down makes a lot of sense.

What are the final stats of the Deamons?

I will try to consolidate the list into the first post later

I reread the rulebook. Benching is the spot where your reserved figures are, ie out of the game. During a period end, you may replace benched figures back to the scrimmage line(your starting position). This makes the Goblin/Paragon ability make more sense.

I have consolidated the list in the first post, I have not included benching as the answer was found in the rulebook

'The Warrior' ability - I'm guessing that when she names an 'enemy figure' she must indicate a 'figure' that is in the starting 5 and not just choose generically a 'runner' or a 'bruiser' which could be 2 or 3 different figures. Just a clarification as I think it reads pretty well.

Hey all!

I'll be back to answer these questions later today. We've got some mighty kickstarter postmortem to take care of for the first part of the day

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Lang View Post
    Hey all!

I'll be back to answer these questions later today. We've got some mighty kickstarter postmortem to take care of for the first part of the day

Eric
    sounds awesome, will be looking forward to it. Would have expected you to sleep for days after the Kickstarter

This seems like a better place to ask than the KS thread: Is M.A.Z.E. just a clever name or an actual acronym for our minotaur?

Quote Originally Posted by mcs1213 View Post
    5. Was mentioned in the comments IIRC it said that his killzone does not ignore walls.

7. I would say no, because the Amazon card mentioned extending killzones to diagonals not adjacency. If you review the other ringers cards you can see that some powers specifically target killzones and other adjacency.
    I didn't think of it that way but you are right. Adjacency and killzones are 2 different things.

I have a question

the goblins card says if they are surrounded on 2 or more sides, i assume diagonal counts in that... it does not say adjacent. You can screw up a goblin coach by surround their dudes early