Team & Ringer Combo's - What works best with what ?

Thread: Team & Ringer Combo's - What works best with what ?

Default Team & Ringer Combo's - What works best with what ?

Thought I would lead off a BEST combo for Teams/Ringers...

Amazon:
    - The Butcher - Attack from diagonal !!
    - Cretin the Ettin - As above.
    - Kutulu - Knockdown so much more effective.
    - Zorra - +3 Fighting to your figures in KZ.
    - Scrag - +4 Fighting v Ringers !!

Barbarians:
    - Gabriel - Help absorb some of that surplus damage when needed.

Cowboys:
    - Scrag - +3 Fighting at 2 range v Ringers !
    - The Warrior - Kill the 'marked for doom' figure at 2 range.
    - Cretin the Ettin - Gets to attack 2 enemies at 2 range.

Goblins: Note, its often better to just tackle opponents down so as to allow the Gobs an easy run at Moshing the opponent off.
    - Kutulu - Knock em down, then let the Gobs mosh em off...
    - Gabriel - Help protect the Gobs by absorbing damage.
    - Zorra - Give adjacents a +1, at least its something.
    - Cretin the Ettin - Save up your big attacks for Cretin so he can maximise his 2 tackles/attacks.

I'm sure there are lots of other combo's and these were just a few...what others do you think will work in well together ?

Hellcats:
    - The Patriot - There should be plente of minor scoring fields.

Trools:
    - Gojira - You should be able to lock down big parts of the board.
    - MAZE - You should be able to lock down big parts of the board.

Klockwerks:
    - Rumblefist - Take damage on overload and redirect it.
    - T-Bone - Heals from overload.

Deamons:
    - MAZE - Easy to deal damage all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Nors View Post
    Klockwerks:
    - Rumblefist - Take damage on overload and redirect it.
    - T-Bone - Heals from overload.
    Yep Brian I had Rumblefist down for the Werkz team. He will work well with their ability.

A few more combo's

Klockwerks:
    - MAZE - can take advantage of the damage from the ability by plonking or moving those walls.

Fangs:
    - Gabriel - shield and then heal from the team ability.
    - Zorra - +3 tackle & +2 fighting...should win a few contests and be healing that damage right back.

And if ringer MAZE is won at auction by an opponent and Spectre is on the table. Not a bad play to grab him for the ability to go through those damn hindrances.

I know this combo includes a team upgrade as well, but Barbarians + T-bone + Pain/Gain upgrade looks devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibowitz View Post
    Goblins: Note, its often better to just tackle opponents down so as to allow the Gobs an easy run at Moshing the opponent off.
    - Kutulu - Knock em down, then let the Gobs mosh em off...
    - Gabriel - Help protect the Gobs by absorbing damage.
    - Zorra - Give adjacents a +1, at least its something.
    - Cretin the Ettin - Save up your big attacks for Cretin so he can maximise his 2 tackles/attacks.
    I kinda disagree...
    The best thing about their ability is the possibility to bench someone without tackling it.
    What's the point of benching a guy after he has been tackled (I don't think it's possible to Mosh someone that has been tackled, either)? In both cases, the guy would just come back in the next period.
    That's why Panther is a great Ringer for them. She can enter the enemy killzone without triggering a contest and let you bench the guy without a fight.
    Eric Lang said that when you play the Goblins, you usually save your best cards for defense while you try to Mosh your oponnents (if they enter your killzone to tackle/attack you, you can just move another one to their side and they are gone)...

That being said, I do agree with Gabe and Zorra as good Ringers.
    I think that maybe M.A.Z.E. and Gojira! could help you protect your Goblins while you Mosh their guys (not sure if the strategy should be to focus your Mosh on Bruisers or Runners, I guess we'll only know when we play).

Lycanthropes:
    -Gangsta Z - Convert all your pieces to runners to steal after a sprint.
    -Kutulu - Knock down all enemies to have all your pieces turn into runners for extra score a the end of the period.
    -Macho Libre - Smart enough play, you can 4 bruiser to tackle the entire enemy team, for similar strategy to above, except with a Macho libre standing on the Goal at the end of the period.

Pirates:
    -Gangsta Z - He allows runners to make steal attempts after a sprint, and they are the team with the highest handling. Makes sense to give them more opportunities to steal some money by making those handling contests with their huge bonus.
    -Scrag - +2 against other ringers, and you get money on a win.
    -Zorra - All runners have a +3 to contests of handling to steal, or defend against a steal while standing in one of her killzones.

Valkyries:
    -Rumblefist - Lightning strike on him, deal damage to everyone around him, then put the 1 damage he'd take on someone as well.
    -T-Bone - Lightning strike on him, he just heals it up at the beginning of next turn.
    -Spectre - Easier to position for maximum lightning damage against maximum number of targets.
    -Kutulu - Not only does the enemy team have to burn an energy card or be knocked down, but regardless of whether they burn the card or not everyone in Kutulu's killzones will take 1 damage.
    -Gabe - Can take the damage so your bruisers and your runners don't have to.

Paragons:
    -Scrag - Bench a piece to have +5 during any contest against any other Ringer.
    -Gangsta Z- Any of your runners can move 3 spaces and steal with an extra +2 for benching a piece.
    -The Warrior - +2 against your sworn enemy to kill them instantly is awesome.
    -The Butcher - Same as above, except only with fighting contests.
    -Cretin the Ettin - 2 contests a turn, since they are both seperate though you'd have to bench 2 pieces for the +2 to both.

Trolls:
    -Scrag - Biggest bonus against other ringers doubled with the biggest bonus to tackle, tackle all the ringers!
    -The Warrior - Kill your enemy instantly on a tackle with the team with the highest bonus to tackle.
    -The Dragon - Place that trash exactly where you want it to be.

Felipe;700219]I kinda disagree...
    The best thing about their ability is the possibility to bench someone without tackling it.
    Good point Felipe, I should have been more specific but I was referring to a Kutulu ringer or a Cretin who can knockdown multiple figures in a go.

What's the point of benching a guy after he has been tackled (I don't think it's possible to Mosh someone that has been tackled, either)? In both cases, the guy would just come back in the next period.
    And good point again...was thinking about how to keep the Gobs safe and still use their ability as they are vulnerable, but a knockdown is as good as benching. I can't think of any drawbacks in doing one over the other, apart from healing the mosh'd figure.

Panther is a great Ringer for them. She can enter the enemy killzone without triggering a contest and let you bench the guy without a fight.
    And yes Panther is a great ringer for the Goblins, particularly as she plays perfectly into their Moshing ability.

(I don't think it's possible to Mosh someone that has been tackled, either)?

Oh and the ability just says, you need to surround "an enemy figure" doesn't say it has to be standing...but moot point as downed is as good as benched. Can anyone think when benching & downed would be advantageous, one way or the other ?

Oh and the ability just says, you need to surround "an enemy figure" doesn't say it has to be standing...but moot point as downed is as good as benched. Can anyone think when benching & downed would be advantageous, one way or the other ?
    It may even be disadvantageous to bench a player that has been tackled as that player could have damage to it (from a different contest), and when it gets benched it would heal.

I asked that 'cause I don't think that a figure that is down counts as "an enemy figure". 'Cause you can't target it for a lot of things... But we should ask Eric that! =)

And I don't think Goblins will win a lot of contests... So Crettin doesn't look good to me (again, I'm just assuming since nobody have played... =P).
    But thinking again about Kutulu, he does sound good.
    He makes opponents burn their live cards so you can beat them even with lower status.

Kongbad is cost 3, life 4 with the text:
    "If Kongbad initiates and wins a contest, the losing opponent loses 1 point
    Eric has replied in the questions thread and posted Kongbad card details as above.

Kongbad would fit well with most teams but I guess teams that have a +1/+2 of tackling/fighting stat, will be most beneficial. Amazons (+2 fighting) - Barbarians (+1/+1, particularly once Berserk when +2/+2) - Cowboys (fight at range 2) - Fangs (+2 tackle and then heal if you win as well as Kongbad ability) - Hellcats (+1 tackle and then use the Dominate ability) - Trolls (+2 tackle).

He would also be good to bring on in the 2nd half when opposition points on the board will be more forth coming. In any game of Kaosball, it seems cash and upgrades and Ringers will be at a premium but the luxury of 2 ringers for your team (1 for 1st half and 1 for 2nd) must be a consideration. Particularly given the expected mortality rate in the game. I would expect ringers to be targeted by the opposition quickly, so having a 2nd ringer might be handy. So a 2nd half entrance of Kongbad onto the field would be bring the crowd to raptures.

Yeah, I'll probably play Kongbad with my Barbarians, I was also thinking he might be good with an Endorsement and a Zorra for the bonus in her KZ.

So Quiet...even the KB Facebook page is dead. CMon must be at work 8-)

Hopefully another 30 days or less for the PM (proper) to come out...and choosing all those goodies.