Canny's Wip - Page 38
Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Canny's Wip

Nice smooth transitions on the marines, keep it up.

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous- that face on her is gorgeous. The bases gorgeous , that EM style my fav of these is gorgeous s!!!

Thanks guys, Man EM is testing in hotter weather my brush is drying after a few strokes, thinned my paint down with the retarder that I have never used before! ( Summer time mawhahahha)
    Name:  primaris sergeant_Ultra 3.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  1.86 MB
    Maybe the red is a little bright will have to tone it down, quite satisfying. I like how the gold is coming along. I welcome any tips its been a while since I tried to paint this skillfully. I have do some work on the house this weekend, baby steps.
    Last edited by Canny; 12-08-2017 at 04:29 PM.

nice, maybe try out a wet palette for the hotter months?
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

i dunno what I would do with out a wet pallet. kitchen sponge baking paper and a take away container one of the most budget pallets on the go. I did see a Kickstarter for a fancy one . . looked good until I spotted the price! oh diggs I pulled out your dwarf too added it to the pile to finish. I sent Zabs off a few weeks ago.

I upgraded mine recently to a masterson 5"x7" cause i needed more room love it!

Nice work mate, looks very smooth
    Visit me on Putty and Paint

http://www.puttyandpaint.com/Mally17

Got a package today, have to pick it up tomorrow Fingers crossed its your adventurer!

owww exciting! I don't have not sweet up my photo booth and the kids broke the good camera so just have my Phone. looking forward to you opening it up!

Lovely work on the marine so far, I like that shade of blue you've chosen and the gold is lovely too

Thats awesome Canny, im glad your getting back into the swing of it. I completely forgot about the dwarves. I think mine ended up in the garage...speaking of the garage....I gotta go clean it now so I will see what I can find
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

My playground, Airbrushed the base coat a shadow and highlight then glazed 2BB blended the rest.
    Name:  wet pallete.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  178.2 KB

thats looking good canny, nice smooth blue.

Gold looks fantastic, but you can enhance (add more contrast to) the eagle. E.g. check NoH's Ultramarine: www.coolminiornot.com/417012

thanks lone lemming no highlights on the eagle yet and only about 2/3s of the way on the shoulders and other parts. good spotting. Noh marine is very nice.

Pallet looks like a map of a galaxy
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

thanks guys.
    Most of the time it would be great to be stuck at home, I would pull out the paints but my little girl has chicken pox. A news letter came out from school earlier this week and now she is all spotty. I have been working on some deathwatch basing ideas I scanned some of the board game bases and will work on replicating them. I really think they will look better with a base based on the board rather than sand and rocks( I don't understand this style for 40k) although I like the new paint systems that they have come out with for basing but I've not tried them. Hey Bam I will be copying your genestealer colours they rock.
    Name:  deathwatch v4.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  20.8 KB

Im slowly becoming more enthusiastic about actually playing a game, My brother in law who I have been sharing my painting knowledge with he comes from a back ground of paint 'em quick and get them on the table to play and I'm totally the opposite and hardly cared if I played. Space hulk has been quite fun playing with him and one of the catalysts for feeling more obsesed about painting also I have had the final inspection for code of compliance on Tuesday and only and a few minor things to do to be signed off .
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Canny; 12-14-2017 at 07:32 PM.

Looking good! I love space hulk. Did my last set as soul drinkers and have another set to convert up as death wing! I love me some space hulk!!!